People with bullshit qualifications on LinkedIn.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone browsed through LinkedIn and people's profiles. In particular the education where everyone seems to write a reference to a university..

But 99 times out of 100 if you dig deeper, it's barely a qualification at all but rather a bullshit type of membership or they were a dropout and never actually finished the qualification.

Very few of them actually have a degree, visiting a university on open day doesn't entitle someone to make reference to that University in their education profile.

Some people go to a one day information day and then put the university in their profile.

Shouldn't LinkedIn weed out the pretenders? Not let them embellish their 2 week diploma to confuse it as a post graduate master's degree.

About 99% of profiles have bullshit education claims in them.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've already mentioned it on another thread - LinkedIn is basically all bullshit.

Mainly used by spivs, recruiters and overseas outsourcing companies to spam you.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Since Microsoft bought it it’s gotten a lot worse.
I had to turn off notifications as there’s so much crap content and recruiters checking profiles.
Hard to get rid of it totally but it’s become like most other social platforms - a sewer.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone browsed through LinkedIn and people's profiles. In particular the education where everyone seems to write a reference to a university..

But 99 times out of 100 if you dig deeper, it's barely a qualification at all but rather a bullshit type of membership or they were a dropout and never actually finished the qualification.

Very few of them actually have a degree, visiting a university on open day doesn't entitle someone to make reference to that University in their education profile.

Some people go to a one day information day and then put the university in their profile.

Shouldn't LinkedIn weed out the pretenders? Not let them embellish their 2 week diploma to confuse it as a post graduate master's degree.

About 99% of profiles have bullshit education claims in them.
Do you think there is any synergy between renters and “bullshit qualifications” ?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Since Microsoft bought it it’s gotten a lot worse.
I had to turn off notifications as there’s so much crap content and recruiters checking profiles.
Hard to get rid of it totally but it’s become like most other social platforms - a sewer.
Especially when they brought in the story feature... people posting content now on their stories that belongs on Instagram not a professional networking platform...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Especially when they brought in the story feature... people posting content now on their stories that belongs on Instagram not a professional networking platform...
100% mate. I even saw US election content on there. Thankfully a few members told them to take it to Facebook. Sigh...

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think there is any synergy between renters and “bullshit qualifications” ?
Excellent theory. May ask LinkedIn to have a category in the profile as renter or homeowner.. but like education category they would all lie.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I really only use for job search purposes. Right now the option for recruiters to contact me is switched off because I'm quite happy with my role. If I search for a new job, I turn it on. In addition, when looking for work, if I'm interested in a job and they give me a contact, I will search for them on LinkedIn and add them as a connection, then send them an email with my application. That way it shows initiative.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Excellent theory. May ask LinkedIn to have a category in the profile as renter or homeowner.. but like education category they would all lie.
also they should put in an option that says their bank owns the home, too many people act like they are a home owner already

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are also bullshit titles being made up..

Historically and correctly there is the chief executive officer or chief financial officer. Fair enough.

But what about chief health officer? Chief marketing officer or chief learning Officer ? Ridiculous titles to pump up their stature

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Historically and correctly there is the chief executive officer or chief financial officer. Fair enough.

But what about chief health officer? Chief marketing officer or chief learning Officer ? Ridiculous titles to pump up their stature
Not really. They’re the executives in that part of the business just like CTO/Chief Technology Officer, quite common to see CMO as most businesses will have one to drive global marketing strategies or a single marketing officer as the head lead in a global organisation.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really. They’re the executives in that part of the business just like CTO/Chief Technology Officer, quite common to see CMO as most businesses will have one to drive global marketing strategies or a single marketing officer as the head lead in a global organisation.
They didn't have these titles a few years back. Did these roles not exist or did they start this bullshit recently.

The corporations Act defines duties of the chief executive officer and chief financial officer but these other mediocre roles that try lift the status

The chief learning Officer is really just a training Clark.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Chief Information Officer
Chief Operating Officer

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Hey man - don’t burst my bubble.
At work I’m the Chief Title Officer...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I work for myself now and my missus would t let me get cards printed up saying Junior Vice President.. I’ll still get around to doing it.
Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net?