Penalty plunge probe is still on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter Badel
November 19, 2010 12:00AM

DETECTIVES at the centre of an inquiry into a suspected betting plunge on the Bulldogs-Cowboys match say the case remains open and have not ruled out returning to Townsville to interview persons of interest.

High-ranking police sources told The Daily Telegraph the investigation is on-going as detectives from the State Crime Command continue to gather evidence of any illegal betting activity arising from the controversial round 24 fixture in Townsville. Last month, emails and text messages sweeping league circles claimed the NRL was poised to issue life bans to people involved in the alleged scam.

That stance has failed to materialise, but NSW Police has yet to close an investigation that has spanned nearly three months.

Three Cowboys players were named in material obtained by detectives, who flew to North Queensland last month for interviews with the entire squad.

"This is certainly not over," a police source said.

"We're still in the process of gathering information. There are no timeframes, we've identified some persons of interest and we are leaving no stone unturned."

Asked if Cowboys players were among the persons of interest, the source said: "I can't answer that, but if we need to go back there [to Townsville to interview the squad], we will."

NRL operations chief Graham Annesley said they were waiting on detectives' report.

A number of bets were placed on the Cowboys to kick the first penalty goal of the match. Some were made at two North Queensland locations, including a club based in Townsville.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
I was waiting to here more on this.. If they had any evidence they would of done something by now..

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Or maybe they have the evidence, but are trying to bury it and hope it goes away. Maybe one or two people who are involved are people that the NRL don't want incriminated.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol yes its still open. Maybe the detectives should get off their butts and stop eating donuts and do something for a change

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
look trust me. i spoke to someone in the know and whilst investigators have a gut feeling, there is no concrete evidence and this matter will die a slow death. unless the cops want to make a name for themselves and charge someone but it wont go past first base.( remember coffs harbour )

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
look trust me. i spoke to someone in the know and whilst investigators have a gut feeling, there is no concrete evidence and this matter will die a slow death. unless the cops want to make a name for themselves and charge someone but it wont go past first base.( remember coffs harbour )
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ongoing case = still leaning on someone to testify
They have nothing

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool beans

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tandy's name not mentioned in this article. No headline screaming "BULLDOGS INQUIRY CONTINUES".

If there is any substance, and it only implicates Cowboys players, expect this story to be dropped very quickly.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Tandy's name not mentioned in this article. No headline screaming "BULLDOGS INQUIRY CONTINUES".

If there is any substance, and it only implicates Cowboys players, expect this story to be dropped very quickly.
hope it does.....kinda sick of hearin about it tbh

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It was all BS to start with. Coincidence about the bets. I mean who would risk a career worth millions for a few grand in bets? And how could he guarantee the cowgirls would score a goal first anyway, with our defence this year they were more likely to score a try. And they did.

Nothing will happen with this to anyone from any club. Its a waste of police resources, they could be better used to catch criminals (or me drunk and speeding in the middle of the night with my lights off lol)

Number13

Management
Reaction score
It was all BS to start with. Coincidence about the bets. I mean who would risk a career worth millions for a few grand in bets? And how could he guarantee the cowgirls would score a goal first anyway, with our defence this year they were more likely to score a try. And they did.

Nothing will happen with this to anyone from any club. Its a waste of police resources, they could be better used to catch criminals (or me drunk and speeding in the middle of the night with my lights off lol)
Totally agree.

The idiocy of this matter coupled with the resources spent to prove that betting on Rubgy League is for mugs clearly highlights the hypocrisy of the NRL to allow on field and live betting.

It is true that it is not an offence of being an idiot and neither is the NRL for their hypocrisy.

Helena_K

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
looking good for tandy and he did prove his worth last year

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit of a scammer but who isn't in 2010? God help him if he gets caught giving away yards delibrerately.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the bloke in the picture is an exbulldogs junior who now plays for the eels (brad murray) ... take a glimpse at whom he is managed by as well... the same guy as tandy ... sam ayoub.

tandy is guilty. way too many coincidences. but i honestly doubt anything will come of it as its too hard to get concrete evidence.

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The cops are spending more resources on this then when the lakemba police station got shot up!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
lol they must be running out of names for operations. You have to love the task force name for this being called task Force "Suburb". wtf?

So much taxpayer money going down the toilet on this fiasco which will amount to nada. God love em. Well i know for sure they didnt waste any of our money researching a name for the taskforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.