Rumour Pele to Hull?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Yallah just stop and admit you got it wrong just once.
Fifita scored a lot of long distance tries. Playa here shows so u pivot but just say ‘I got it wrong’ you’ll get more respect here
Here you go kid, “I was wrong“ Andrew Fifita will always be known for all the length of the field try’s he scored ..
he was the original Ben Barba !

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Here you go kid, “I was wrong“ Andrew Fifita will always be known for all the length of the field try’s he scored ..
he was the original Ben Barba !
How hard was that! But we’ll done anyway

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to jump in on the Andrew fifita thing.. I know he looked like a fat slob but he had a massive motor. From memory he used to win all the fitness tests (5k trials, beep tests) at the sharks.. something that I highly doubt pele was even close to capable of.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to jump in on the Andrew fifita thing.. I know he looked like a fat slob but he had a massive motor. From memory he used to win all the fitness tests (5k trials, beep tests) at the sharks.. something that I highly doubt pele was even close to capable of.
You say that’s just from memory …. can you actually back any of that up … because I’ve never heard of anything along those lines … I actually heard he loved his beer and food and was a very lazy trainer, but he dominated come game day so they left him alone ..

Sharks have had some zippy backs, hard to see him winning 5k trails.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You say that’s just from memory …. can you actually back any of that up … because I’ve never heard of anything along those lines … I actually heard he loved his beer and food and was a very lazy trainer, but he dominated come game day so they left him alone ..

I remember Fifita been spoken of as one of the fittest forwards to play the game. Not sure it was his whole career but definitely at Cronulla.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Rags to richexams back to rags.
How many ppl gotta say it to you to sink in?

I personally saw Andrew Fifita score three 50m+ tries and remember thinking how can a big man be so damn fit and quick

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pele doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Andrew Fifita who had ten times the motor, fitness and skill than Pele has. Andrew Fifita was one of the best props in the comp at his peak and played Origin.. Pele can't get over 15 minutes a game and is heading to England at a young age. There's absolutely no comparison. Even when Fifita was at the Tigers he was way better than anything Pele has produced..

That's not to hammer Pele. I wish him well there, think it will be good for his career and hopefully he can come back to the NRL a better player in a few years..

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Again showing ur ignorance/clown Rugby league IQ.

Peak Fifita was playing 50-60 mins in the middle week in week out and racking up huge stats. Did it for a number of yrs at the sharkies

Dint throw your 2 bob in if you have nfi what your talking about

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again showing ur ignorance/clown Rugby league IQ.

Peak Fifita was playing 50-60 mins in the middle week in week out and racking up huge stats. Did it for a number of yrs at the sharkies

Dint throw your 2 bob in if you have nfi what your talking about
If anyone cares to actually go back and read where this started, you’ll see I was talking about a very young Andrew Fifita not a peak Fifita i.e as in comparing him to a very young Pele … took a lot for Fifita to turn on the professional switch & build up to the player he became, if Pele was willing to put in the same work, who knows what he could become, he has similar talents to a young Fifita ..

Bit of a hint Fizbo, go and have a look at 99% of the replies you get to anything you post, you’re the last one that should be bringing up anything to do with footy IQ, because going by what people on TK think of you, yours would be heavily in the minus ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If anyone cares to actually go back and read where this started, you’ll see I was talking about a very young Andrew Fifita not a peak Fifita i.e as in comparing him to a very young Pele … took a lot for Fifita to turn on the professional switch & build up to the player he became, if Pele was willing to put in the same work, who knows what he could become, he has similar talents to a young Fifita ..

Bit of a hint Fizbo, go and have a look at 99% of the replies you get to anything you post, you’re the last one that should be bringing up anything to do with footy IQ, because going by what people on TK think of you, yours would be heavily in the minus ..
Haven’t seen pivoting like this since Brad Fittler in 1992

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven’t seen pivoting like this since Brad Fittler in 1992
You struggle to get a good grasp of what’s going on don’t you ?

This is a thread about Pele … I said he reminds me of a young Andrew Fifita … in he’s still young and maybe not taking the fitness or his talents seriously ..

If you have a look at a young Fifita at the Tigers he was only averaging 75 metres he was liking the beers and food and because he was lazy Tim Sheens wasn’t taking him seriously … in fact Sheen’s in the end actually let him go … similar to Sharks and us letting Pele go as in I’m not sure he’s taking everything serious enough either.

It’s wasn’t till Fifita moved to the Sharks that he started to slowly improve himself and slowly become a professional athlete .. his tackle rate slowly improved, his time on the park and metres slowly improved and he started to take the game seriously, every year he got better ..

Pele has similar skills to what Fifita had back in his early days, whether he can work at it and get better like Andrew did is anyones guess …

Looks like everything’s got to be spelled out slowly around here ..

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree, I didn’t see Andrew Fifita run many lengths of the field, they’d of had to carry him off if he did … wasn’t much of a ball player either … more of an aggressive line bending alpha prop .. unstoppable close to the line when he was in a mood ..

Did see Andrew Fifita play like an unstoppable wrecking ball and bend the line many times though, not much of an off-loader either.

JMO … I’m ok with what you feel he played like .. but you sure you’ve got the right Fifita ?
Lol just gets better with u. Fifita was lit one of the most prolific offloaders in the game.

And u got the nerve to ask old mate if hes got the right person. Lol

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol just gets better with u. Fifita was lit one of the most prolific offloaders in the game.

And u got the nerve to ask old mate if hes got the right person. Lol
A prolific offloader is someone like TPJ, Parker, Kasiano even Woods in his day … did Fifita ever win most offloads in a season ? … just because he offloaded at times doesn’t make him a prolific offloader ..

But look, I’ll say it slowly ….. your talking about prime Fifita at the Sharks …. I’m mostly comparing a young Pele to a young Fifita when he was a young player coming through at the Tigers … your comparing apples to oranges ..

Try to keep up Fizbo .. or just move on, for a person that everyone on TK conceives as the biggest clown, you can be very boring ..

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he was effective for long stints. That’s the surprising thing if you look at the best current props. A few years ago we were lead to believe that the end of the big prop was near, yet look at guys like AFB, Paulo and Haas. There’s still plenty of massive units that are fit enough to make a big impact on a game. That’s why I don’t totally buy the Haas isn’t worth $1m - $1.2m argument. Yes it’s heaps for a prop, but when that prop can punch out 60-70 minutes of metre eating, it’s almost priceless. Very few can go near him. Obviously you need other quality players to win games but a dominant forward has been our most glaring weakness, so I wouldn’t be mad if we offered him $1.2/yr.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don’t you just look at your little spreadsheet you fkn clown ****. You spend every day of your miserable life looking for ways to talk shit about Gus. At least Buzz does it for cash, you fkn crap on like a dumb **** for free
Imagine having to live with the miserable sucker!

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players recruited and then cut I guess I understand it, as long as it doesn't have a large impact on our SC. If a player simply isn't putting in or isn't living the Bulldogs values cut and run. Just like when you get a job you are on probation. Let's just say Pele didn't pass probation.

As long as when they were recruited they were told what was expected of them, then informed they weren't delivering.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pele was either not willing to, or incapable of putting in the effort required to make the grade.

A guy with his natural attributes should be able to make our pack every week, at least on bench.

Injuries and suspensions can also sometime be attributed to the players professionalism.

With the modern technology used these days to measure effort and fitness levels there is really nowhere to hide for a player that puts in less than 100% effort.

On the flipside a guy like Patolo will be given more opportunity because he has made every effort to get on the field, has been unfortunate with his injuries and he can be resigned at the right price.

The club will also be aware of just how hard Thommo has tried to deliver (and recover). He was a beast in pre-season, and it was just shit luck he sustained that foot injury - in the trial he was looking very good. He is worth a 1-year deal with a club option for a second year imo (if the price is right).

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A prolific offloader is someone like TPJ, Parker, Kasiano even Woods in his day … did Fifita ever win most offloads in a season ? … just because he offloaded at times doesn’t make him a prolific offloader ..

But look, I’ll say it slowly ….. your talking about prime Fifita at the Sharks …. I’m mostly comparing a young Pele to a young Fifita when he was a young player coming through at the Tigers … your comparing apples to oranges ..

Try to keep up Fizbo .. or just move on, for a person that everyone on TK conceives as the biggest clown, you can be very boring ..
Dickhead, yes he did

And furthermore the most offloads Fifita has recorded in a season is 82. There was also another season where he recorded 70+, nd several others where he recorded 50+… is that prolific enough for u?

The most TPJ has ever recorded in a season is 55

Time to quit while your well behind, pay your dues and apologies to me. I’ll patiently wait your apology