Pearce's try

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Flogging a dead horse. We were down 16 zip. Yeah a decision fucked us or whatever but we were not interested at all in the first half.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Don't know how anyone can make up their minds based on that still shot considering we can't even see Pearce's right hand because it's on the other side of the ball. To me ref called it a try and with simultaneous grounding favouring the attacking team there certainly wasn't enough evidence to overturn.
Pearce’s right hand would’ve been on top of Meaney’s hand not the ball.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
E club needs to set aside $500*000 for fines to criticize the refs. So over the meek stance we're taking. After the season they should Lodge a case against the NRL for the long list of poor fucking calls that have cost us very heavily to recoup the $500k.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly believe if it was, say, Slater and not Meaney it would have been a no try, instantly. Because the ref would have "believed" that Slater was good enough to get there first. Meaney, he's a nobody, no way the ref is going to believe that he got there first. Plus the reverse applies, it was Pierce, so the ref is always going to believe that he is good enough to get there first. If it was, say, Cogger instead of Pierce the ref wouldn't believe that he was good enough.

This is called expectation bias, I have no doubt whatsoever that the refs expectations about the outcome influenced their perceptions and resulted in the decision made.

Go Dogs

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just more on Pearce, what a shithouse player he is.