Reaction score
Go back and read what I actually posted. Let me translate that for you;
Son "hey mum I want to play league"
Mum "no it's too physical"
Son "but mum, Mary next door is playing and she's a girl"
Dad "see dear, even girls play league"

Got it now?

Go Dogs
No not at all, you make sfa sense with that statement like most of your replies. In that scenario your son would be allowed to play netball but not allowed to play against Mary as she plays league...Can only hope your son is allowed to make his own decisions one day

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Mum wouldn't let me play a contact sport either (this is why the touch footy or AUS tag game is so important). By the time you can make your own decisions in that regard it's already too late and you're too far behind. It's also a lot easier as a child (e.g. easing into contact, training, fitness and ability). If you've watched children play you'd understand. There are some Mums/parents that won't let their child play and some that will. It depends how "protective" they're.
Not here to go case by case of who’s mum ruled their lives as I will be shouted down by the minority,my opinion was that girls being allowed to play league would not and should not influence a parents decision to allow their son to play.Then again I don’t have Millenial kids