Pay's future and NRLW team top of Bulldogs hit list

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn’t care less about Whamens Rugby League either but if we could sign Raelene Castle as our first marquee signing to play in the front row I’m all for it!
Her testosterone levels would need to be tested first before she is allowed to compete like Caster Semenya.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We where pioneers of NRLW.
She Rex and Sharon Woods.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact based on what?
Do we have doormat dads out there?
I would be phucked depriving my kids of playing league if they show a willingness and passion for the sport, any sport for that matter.
The fact is mums decide what sport their kids play and plenty won't allow their boys to play league because of the physical contact. If they see girls playing and/or their daughters want to play then it might just influence them to let their sons play. Plus they might just come along to games with their husbands and bring the kids if the W team is playing on the same day as the NRL team. It works in plenty of other sports, so no reason why it shouldn't work for league.

Go Dogs

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think her and the boards priority should be getting some keys signings throughout this year need to get the main team competitive
As for pay if the results ain’t there come round 8 cut the family shit and sign a decent coach.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think her and the boards priority should be getting some keys signings throughout this year need to get the main team competitive
As for pay if the results ain’t there come round 8 cut the family shit and sign a decent coach.
Who?

Go Dogs

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fact based on what?
Do we have doormat dads out there?
I would be phucked depriving my kids of playing league if they show a willingness and passion for the sport, any sport for that matter.
When kids are keen, and display talent it's easy to let them play. But, not every kid is a world beater, or sure what sport they're suited to.
Most guys want harmony in the house, and mums have a big say, because they usually spend more time with the kids. Rugby league, and the growing awareness of head injuries in later years worries some people. If you have an average size kid facing up to kids three times his size, you tend to think maybe soccer is a safer game.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s probably not a popular opinion but I honestly couldn’t care less about getting a women’s team.
I hear ya. I was initially excited about having a women's team, but since we've won 1 game in 3 years, my enthusiasm is about as high as our points tally.

Besides, you won't beat those titted hambeasts from Brisbane. It's a leap of faith to call some of them woman.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like watching top level women's RL these days. The game is more free flowing, with more emphasis on attack than robotic defence, but the skills and fitness levels are great these days. As others have said though, like it or not women's footy is rising and as a top club we need to be have a team in the top tier asap. The growth of the women's game will definitely improve the marketability of rugby league across both genders in future.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hear ya. I was initially excited about having a women's team, but since we've won 1 game in 3 years, my enthusiasm is about as high as our points tally.

Besides, you won't beat those titted hambeasts from Brisbane. It's a leap of faith to call some of them woman.
Once we are in nrlw we will be able to get some of the good players from the other women’s teams.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact is mums decide what sport their kids play and plenty won't allow their boys to play league because of the physical contact. If they see girls playing and/or their daughters want to play then it might just influence them to let their sons play. Plus they might just come along to games with their husbands and bring the kids if the W team is playing on the same day as the NRL team. It works in plenty of other sports, so no reason why it shouldn't work for league.

Go Dogs
Your mum may have decided what sport you played but mine didn’t,neither did my wife with our kids.We were asked what sports we wanted to play and same with my kids.All played 3 codes not afl and boxing as well.
You say mums won’t let sons play RL because of physical contact but would be willing to let their daughters play and it may influence them to let sons play !!!! What world are you in my friend with that method of thinking.?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your mum may have decided what sport you played but mine didn’t,neither did my wife with our kids.We were asked what sports we wanted to play and same with my kids.All played 3 codes not afl and boxing as well.
You say mums won’t let sons play RL because of physical contact but would be willing to let their daughters play and it may influence them to let sons play !!!! What world are you in my friend with that method of thinking.?
My Mum wouldn't let me play a contact sport either (this is why the touch footy or AUS tag game is so important). By the time you can make your own decisions in that regard it's already too late and you're too far behind. It's also a lot easier as a child (e.g. easing into contact, training, fitness and ability). If you've watched children play you'd understand. There are some Mums/parents that won't let their child play and some that will. It depends how "protective" they're.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Go back and read what I actually posted. Let me translate that for you;
Son "hey mum I want to play league"
Mum "no it's too physical"
Son "but mum, Mary next door is playing and she's a girl"
Dad "see dear, even girls play league"

Got it now?

Go Dogs

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Lynne is very talented but I didn't know coaching an NRL team was on her resume, colour me impressed.

Go Dogs
The coaching candidates are thin even if it come to it but if the year starts not so well people will want him sacked who is a likely replacement?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't we already have a female team?