Opinion Pays’ game plan

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
a few untimely penalties which helped piggyback the Storm downfield from their own end certainly didn't help our cause when we had them struggling to push outside their own 20.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bet your fun at a party! Why can't you just say everyone did well? So do you know for a fact that he approached Georgallis? Then the question is, even if he did what's wrong with that considering that he is the assistant coach. Wouldn't a smart person use all the resources available to them in a team effort to succeed? Or is this more about you unable to want Pay to do ok? Just a thought.
Yes Im a fun person at a party but this isn't a party .
And I make a valid point.

EVERYBODY is of the professional opinion that it takes TIME to develop a team .

So either that's bullshit and therefore Pay should go on myth busters or maybe the team was already developed. I don't know

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was surprised we weren't phased/frustrated by Melbourne's wrestle in the tackles. Its as if the boys trained for it and at times returned serve. I think this was reflected in our performance.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
i feel like we have a habit of taking the foot of the throat.. for a large portion of the game we went away from what worked for us early on and only went back to it late in the game when we fell behind..

This is certainly not pays fault, more of a confidence thing with a young team.. once a bit of lead is gained, they go into self preservation mode..
We have a lot of good boys in our side. Lacking that real hard nosed aggression other than Napa. This will change with some positive recruitment

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
At some point in every game against Melbourne the captain has to make a stand. He has to front up to the refs and inform them that his guys are sick and tired of being chocked, wrestled, chicken winged, leg pulled and third man in chopped. Do it nicely and politely, when he is calm and collected, say, about 20 minutes in. Caution the refs that if this conduct continues then he may not be able to control his guys, that they have had enough and an all in brawl won’t look very good for anyone. But it is so bad and so consistent that it’s intolerable. Every game is televised and the refs miked, so there is nowhere for them to hide, everyone will know what was said. The very next tackle will be examined with a microscope. Melbourne will know this and either be baited into even worse or back off a notch, either way it’s a win.

It’s a disease on the game and needs to be stopped.

Go Dogs

Reactions: GDR

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
well we did fade away at the end of both games, didnt we?

infact all 4 games we started well but couldnt keep on.

Against the Eels we had the 80% possession for the first half hour but as soon as Eels got the possession back we were absoutely exhausted despite Eels doing all the defence and tackling.

Under Des we have always been the slowest team in the comp with absolutely no energy at the back end of the games this was partly due to the defensive game plan and shit diet and training regime we had in place.
Not getting anyones claim we faded vs Storm. I didnt see any serious fading, even though we had reasons to down to 15 men before half time. When u score the last try in close match and almost steal it, that's not a fade

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa coming on the field was the only fade I saw. Surely we have a jersey flegg hooker who is better than this nuf that we can put in the top 30 and flush this dude?