Payne Haas

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What part of Gus saying NO didn’t you understand?
He said no to 1 mil. We still even MET with him. We should not even be entertaining paying for a big money forward after we've already overspent on huge money forwards without having a 7 and 1 signed for 2023. Even if we we could get him at a discount it's pointless screwing our cap further. We are paying DWZ and Cotric to play elsewhere just to sign JAC on a cushy 4 year deal for instance... just dumb.

We should be looking at moneyball signings like Max King in the forwards and secure quality 1 and 7 for next year. I was concerned when we signed TPJ. I was further stunned when we signed Kikua, and now we are even looking at Haas while we throw 20 year old kids in the spine!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tyrone smith is a front manager
He isn’t haas real manager if that makes sense
He is being managed by khoder Nasser and the sbw team
That’s why he is being offered to the dogs first
Sbw wants him to play for the bulldogs
The meeting was last Friday at jobels
Tyrone smith is the media “manager”

that’s why I don’t believe the kikau signing was necessary
Jackson needs to be tapped on the shoulder and flanakhara needs to be flicked asap for any chance of this happening
We needed a strike back rower

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would be looking at Franklin Pele before spending a Mil on Haas.
He’s a top player. I think a lot of clubs would also be looking at him too. He won’t come cheap wherever he ends up

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When you look at the off contract list for the next 2 years Schneider's probably the best. That's also on potential. The options aren't that great (especially when you factor in realistic options). No idea where we're going to get a 7 from.
I like Schneider as he wears headgear. Love a half that dons the headgear. Except for Soward of course

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gus said on his 9 show last night he is not worth $1mill
He's worth 650-750 with the rest in third parties though. I reckon we could make it work. Gus won't say he's worth a mil publicly. As he's always previously stated a player is worth what anyone's willing to pay. Would love it if he's working behind the scenes sorting a deal out

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haas and Pangai didn’t save Brisbane from winning a spoon.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are stacked in the forwards. FFS can we be linked to a 7? We desperately are crying out for some experience at 7. Like a real game manager. A field general
There is no genuine half back available!

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember I told you guys a few months back that he wants to come back to Sydney and SBW and Mundine told him to come to us?

Looks like the info is correct.
yeh i remember. the club turning him down throws a fkn spanner in the works though

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For everyone demanding that we should have signed another half, aside from Hynes and probably Clifford who was worth signing?

And please don't say Shaun Johnson.. Reynolds cost too much and was always going to Brisbane.. Hynes seemed locked in to Cronulla and wouldn't play under Baz because Baz gave him the flick at Manly.

There's no point signing players like Luke Brooks, Jackson Hastings, Ash Taylor etc when they're not the answer either.

Yes we need another half but you can't just sign one for the sake of it out of desperation otherwise you end up with another Flanagan situation with wasted cap space..

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tyrone smith is a front manager
He isn’t haas real manager if that makes sense
He is being managed by khoder Nasser and the sbw team
That’s why he is being offered to the dogs first
Sbw wants him to play for the bulldogs
The meeting was last Friday at jobels
Tyrone smith is the media “manager”

that’s why I don’t believe the kikau signing was necessary
Jackson needs to be tapped on the shoulder and flanakhara needs to be flicked asap for any chance of this happening
if the dogs went to the meeting, there must be some interest there?