Payne Haas requests immediate release from Broncos

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus still not saying a word, even tho he’s been on twitter tonight. He’s been bombarded with questions too
Gus usually shuts down a rumour this big (or little) if it isn't true. I think he's had discussions with Haas/his manager and we're genuinely interested, but so would a lot of other clubs.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, but bare with me as it is a total stab in the dark. I have no source, no info, just a wild conspiracy theory.

Time for conspiracy theories...

If Matt Burton ends up getting selected in the origin team this Sunday night, then I got a feeling I know what's going on.

It may just mean that Brad Fitler will be our new coach, and so he will reward Burton in origin to gain his trust to stay at the Dogs. I found it also very interesting during Six Tackles with Gus this week, that Gus more than pushed for selectors to pick Burton at left centre.

Then there's Hass.
Hass has a relationship with Fitler at Origin level, and Fitler declared that he spoke to Hass today who assured him he is good to go for origin.

Previously Fitler refused to pick anyone in the middle of distracting contract issues happening. Today Fitler declared though that Hass willbe selected. Yes, of course he wants the best forward in the game to play for him in origin - but also in the club team he coaches???

Final Twist.

Look for Mitchell Moses to be selected into the Blues extended squad, perhaps not even in the 22 but as a shadow player for Nathan Cleary, just in case Cleary misses a game like last year. They will tell us that they want to be as prepared as possible for any scenario over the course of the series.

Moses is one of only 2 top class halfbacks coming off contract and available elsewhere for the 2024 season.
Its my tip that Moses will join the Bulldogs then as we have cash for 24 and coincides
with Flanagan coming off contract.

The little sweetener for 2023.
If he can avoid the lure of the big dollar at the Dolphins, and pick up some TPA's - don't be surprised to see Ryan Matterson line up for the Blues this series & end up at the Dogs next year.

So in 2024, we could be looking at a team that includes

Hass
Mahoney
TPJ
Kikau
Matterson

Moses
Burton

Foxx

What a frigging team.

But yet, maybe it's just me dreaming.

As much as I'm not sure how I feel about Fitler as our coach, he will bring the players & he works well with Gus.

Your thoughts my fellow kennelers???
Starting to wish I had put the $100 on Freddy to be our coach lol. Maybe this is the reason they’ve started bringing TPJ off the bench, Haas will be starting and playing 80. Gus really did push Burton hard for that centre spot on his podcast, you could be on to something there. I like the Mitchell Moses theory too. If nothing else Gus has got us thinking about positive outcomes for the club.
If Freddy does end up our head coach lock yourself in for a TK nuclear style meltdown lol

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny story, I saw Payne at a grocery store in Brisbane yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny story, I saw Payne at a grocery store in Brisbane yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
What a knob!