Payne Haas requests immediate release from Broncos

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dobbo just said at half time, the contract is worth $750000 this year, $850000 next year & $950000 in 2024

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wants a release and he is on a reported $750k this year he has been paid about half that so let's call it 350-400k of this year's contract he would still want. Who has around 400k in their salary cap at this time of the year?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's cause I don't watch every game of league anymore but whenever he's played us I don't recall him really standing out?

Mind you I quickly forget our losses as I try not to let them ruin my weekend (23 shit weekends a year takes a toll).

Either way, the tuamalololol deal at the cowboys should be a warning for why you don't pay props crazy coin, much prefer our funds go towards a half and an increase on Burton.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say ittttttt.. it’s just the kennel, no one comes here LOL
Ok, but bare with me as it is a total stab in the dark. I have no source, no info, just a wild conspiracy theory.

Time for conspiracy theories...

If Matt Burton ends up getting selected in the origin team this Sunday night, then I got a feeling I know what's going on.

It may just mean that Brad Fitler will be our new coach, and so he will reward Burton in origin to gain his trust to stay at the Dogs. I found it also very interesting during Six Tackles with Gus this week, that Gus more than pushed for selectors to pick Burton at left centre.

Then there's Hass.
Hass has a relationship with Fitler at Origin level, and Fitler declared that he spoke to Hass today who assured him he is good to go for origin.

Previously Fitler refused to pick anyone in the middle of distracting contract issues happening. Today Fitler declared though that Hass willbe selected. Yes, of course he wants the best forward in the game to play for him in origin - but also in the club team he coaches???

Final Twist.

Look for Mitchell Moses to be selected into the Blues extended squad, perhaps not even in the 22 but as a shadow player for Nathan Cleary, just in case Cleary misses a game like last year. They will tell us that they want to be as prepared as possible for any scenario over the course of the series.

Moses is one of only 2 top class halfbacks coming off contract and available elsewhere for the 2024 season.
Its my tip that Moses will join the Bulldogs then as we have cash for 24 and coincides
with Flanagan coming off contract.

The little sweetener for 2023.
If he can avoid the lure of the big dollar at the Dolphins, and pick up some TPA's - don't be surprised to see Ryan Matterson line up for the Blues this series & end up at the Dogs next year.

So in 2024, we could be looking at a team that includes

Hass
Mahoney
TPJ
Kikau
Matterson

Moses
Burton

Foxx

What a frigging team.

But yet, maybe it's just me dreaming.

As much as I'm not sure how I feel about Fitler as our coach, he will bring the players & he works well with Gus.

Your thoughts my fellow kennelers???

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok, but bare with me as it is a total stab in the dark. I have no source, no info, just a wild conspiracy theory.

Time for conspiracy theories...

If Matt Burton ends up getting selected in the origin team this Sunday night, then I got a feeling I know what's going on.

It may just mean that Brad Fitler will be our new coach, and so he will reward Burton in origin to gain his trust to stay at the Dogs. I found it also very interesting during Six Tackles with Gus this week, that Gus more than pushed for selectors to pick Burton at left centre.

Then there's Hass.
Hass has a relationship with Fitler at Origin level, and Fitler declared that he spoke to Hass today who assured him he is good to go for origin.

Previously Fitler refused to pick anyone in the middle of distracting contract issues happening. Today Fitler declared though that Hass willbe selected. Yes, of course he wants the best forward in the game to play for him in origin - but also in the club team he coaches???

Final Twist.

Look for Mitchell Moses to be selected into the Blues extended squad, perhaps not even in the 22 but as a shadow player for Nathan Cleary, just in case Cleary misses a game like last year. They will tell us that they want to be as prepared as possible for any scenario over the course of the series.

Moses is one of only 2 top class halfbacks coming off contract and available elsewhere for the 2024 season.
Its my tip that Moses will join the Bulldogs then as we have cash for 24 and coincides
with Flanagan coming off contract.

The little sweetener for 2023.
If he can avoid the lure of the big dollar at the Dolphins, and pick up some TPA's - don't be surprised to see Ryan Matterson line up for the Blues this series & end up at the Dogs next year.

So in 2024, we could be looking at a team that includes

Hass
Mahoney
TPJ
Kikau
Matterson

Moses
Burton

What a frigging team.

But yet, maybe it's just me dreaming.

As much as I'm not sure how I feel about Fitler as our coach, he will bring the players & he works well with Gus.

Your thoughts my fellow kennelers???
I’ve said on here that we should offer Moses $1m and make him our 7 for the next 4 seasons.
I’ve also said Flanno isn’t the front runner like many hope and that’s why he keeps begging for the job.

the HAAS talk, I’ve heard from the crew he hangs with when he is in Sydney. He wants to be at Belmore, doesn’t mean it’ll happen But he has initiated talk to be at Belmore and even when Gould said he isn’t worth a mil, they were still meeting well after that.