Payne Haas requests immediate release from Broncos

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His original contract was 600k a year, but it was a long term deal. Broncos gave him upgrades along the way. He signed that deal basically before playing a NRL game (had 1-2 games but got concussed early in both games if my memory recalls correctly).
the early contract was a gamble as it was based on his potential but his recent upgrade a few years ago was still much less then what we are paying Thommo. Which shows how bad that contract was, even if he was a mediocre prop and not the plodder he turned out to be

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We pay Thompson 800k?? Why wouldn’t you replace his salary for Haas and get some TPA added that doesn’t count towards the cap to get the best young front rower here. Gus will work his magic if its all true.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We pay Thompson 800k?? Why wouldn’t you replace his salary for Haas and get some TPA added that doesn’t count towards the cap to get the best young front rower here. Gus will work his magic if its all true.
I heard we pay 850k for Thompson.

brucey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d take Klem back for less money, has been playing good footy. Haas is a gun but ridiculous if he wants a mil

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a knee jerk response, they will quickly realise you can’t put the Genie back in the bottle after he’s released it to the media that he want’s out. Very difficult to keep such a high profile player at the club if he doesn’t want to be there, too disruptive.