• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I got told the same thing on Saturday at Belmore watching the Harold Matts and SG ball sides. I can’t say who told me on this website because it will jeopardize this persons high position at the club, but just take it as 100% true.

It was before the Warriors game. He absolutely flogged them the day before the game on the Friday. Let me tell you this much...some members of the board of directors weren’t happy about it.
If true that’s massive. No wonder our guys looked gassed as soon as the eels finally got some possession. Crazy stuff

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got told the same thing on Saturday at Belmore watching the Harold Matts and SG ball sides. I can’t say who told me on this website because it will jeopardize this persons high position at the club, but just take it as 100% true.

It was before the Warriors game. He absolutely flogged them the day before the game on the Friday. Let me tell you this much...some members of the board of directors weren’t happy about it.
No wonder we think they look unfit. Surely the training staff at the club would tell Pay this is a dumb idea?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
While looking less injured Foran hasnt yet grown into his wages. We have a dreadful defensive issue out wide though and that needs most attention

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone who subscribes to the Telecrap please post the article.
Bulldogs coach Dean Pay drops four players, recalls Rhyse Martin
Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph
March 25, 2019 6:57pm
Subscriber only
Fergo powers Parra past dreadful Dogs
Why the Bulldogs dumped Rhyse Martin
Desperate Canterbury coach Dean Pay will wield the selection axe today on his underperforming side in an attempt to kickstart their NRL season.

After two thrashings, including a 36-16 defeat to bitter rivals Parramatta, The Daily Telegraph understands Pay is set to make at least four changes to his line-up for Sunday’s crucial clash against ladder leaders the Wests Tigers.

After sticking solid with his team for the first two weeks, Pay will shake things up, including:

● Goalkicking forward Rhyse Martin will be recalled into the starting side;

● Outside backs Christian Crichton and Marcelo Montoya and forward Danny Fualalo will be dropped;

● Nick Meaney will make his club debut at fullback; and

● Will Hopoate will shift from the No.1 position to the centres.

Dean Pay is fighting to keep his job and needs results fast. Picture: AAP
Martin, who was viewed as a shining light in an otherwise dire 2018, was demoted to the Canterbury Cup to start the season but his omission for two consecutive weeks raised eyebrows. There had been some concerns over Martin’s fitness and his defence but two commendable performances in the lower grades has earned him a recall.

The back-rower will return on an edge in place of Raymond Faitala-Mariner who has been dumped to the reserves.

Nick Meaney will make his Bulldogs debut at fullback with Will Hopoate shifting to centre at the expense of Marcelo Montoya.

Winger Jayden Okunbor is in line to make his NRL debut. The Milperra Colts junior is expected to replace new recruit Christian Crichton on the left edge.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner will pay the price for the Bulldogs’ poor form.
Forward Ofahiki Ogden, who was squeezed out the top side following the recruitment of Dylan Napan, Sauaso Sue and Corey Harawira-Naera, will be promoted into the top 17 from Canterbury Cup. He is set to replace Danny Fualalo on the bench.

Jeremy Marshall-King will retain his starting spot at hooker ahead of Michael Lichaa, who will again start on the bench this week.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lichaa is one of our better defenders which is why I think he survived.. Lord knows we need guys who can hit n stick right now
Nuclear holocaust happens, walk out of your bunker and see Lichaa playing with a bunch on cockroaches……..

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was before the Warriors game. He absolutely flogged them the day before the game on the Friday. Let me tell you this much...some members of the board of directors weren’t happy about it. They also weren’t happy that Pay didn’t make immediate changes after round 1.

If anyone thinks Chris Anderson is micro managing Pay, then think again. It’s not Chris job to get involved with the coaching side of things.
That changes things then.

On the field, it looked like they had no pride in the jersey, and no motivation. But with this news, it makes more sense that they were completely fatigued. No wonder the team looks like crap, when they don’t have energy to last 40 minutes in the game.

Just another (major) strike against Pay.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lose Martin I will hate pay , seriously he is good , might be lazy but on field and kicking wise the guy is golden.. cant see why he changed our right edge either smith and holland were good together .. what the hell
Is the fascination with Montoya ? He better be dropped like the article states

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t believe the papers have better sources than the kennel now. None of dibs cuzzies post here anymore

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That changes things then.

On the field, it looked like they had no pride in the jersey, and no motivation. But with this news, it makes more sense that they were completely fatigued. No wonder the team looks like crap, when they don’t have energy to last 40 minutes in the game.

Just another (major) strike against Pay.
Yep he over cooked them. The guy is so worried about his job he was going nuts with them.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the “alleged” changes except RFM deserves a spot ahead of Herb and Peggy Sue. I would keep RFM, put CHN to centre and bring up Meany, Oku, Ogden, Martin. Lastly drop Lichaa off bench for Chris Smith. Give JMK 60 mins and then throw a backrower into hooker for the last 20.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For sure mate, I believe we should build a team around Lewy, he would be a prime fit and would be impressive in a Couple years. It’s a good start point anyway.
Gonna do some Moneyball here:
Plainly Lewis was much better at try assists and offloads. For a half the most important stat is try assist. If they're not creating a try, they're effectively useless.

Now let's compare with 2019:
  • Foran in 2019, 2 games, Lost 100% of them, 1 try* (50%), 0 try assist (0%), 0 offload (0%)
  • Lewis in 2019, 2 games, Lost 100% of them, 0 try (0%), 2 try assist (100%), 1 offload (50%)
*from a Lewis kick.

It is obvious Lewis is the better half. Foran was worse last year and he'll be worse this year. The only difference is our lost game % will increase as Foran detracts overall. We win more games with Lewis alone. Allowing Lewis to be the leader and get rid of Foran is the better play.

Only problem is nobody wants to drop to reserve grade the bloke you're paying overs for.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He still doesn't get it. He's making so many poor choices. He can't be retained.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD he kept sue he was our worst defender on the weekend and that’s saying something