• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Is Crichton copping the blame for Ferguson bitching us? I don’t think much of Crichton and he proved his height is a liability against NZ, but at least there’s some energy in his runs. I’d be looking to play his ex-Panthers teammate CHN beside him in the centres and punt Holland instead.
CHN looked slow n lazy in the middle. Centre is beyond him

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
there was no other option other than making changes..

At least Pay done it though..

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed sue was terrible and should be axed. But in a very underperforming side I thought Elliot was decent against the eels, funny how he gets dragged around the half hour mark and they score two tries
Yep thats true we collapsed as soon as pay made the first lot of changes

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What bloody advantage is it carrying Lichaa on the bench ahead of rfm!
We do not need him or jmk on the bench, need another forward
Simply because it's a massive ask to expect jmk to play 80. The fourth forward would barely get any minutes so it's probably more beneficial to have lichaa there so we can cover injuries.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/03/25/canterbury-cup-highlights-round-2-v-wentworthville/

Watch this and then decide if these changes are really smart. I think a reporters just read Thee Kennel and made an article up.

Wenty Try 1 - Harper races up in defence, Okunbor (dreadlocks) follows to cover Harper and leaves a gaping hole, Meaney starts following the ball with zero urgency despite the obvious about to happen.
Wenty Try 1 - Harper races up in defence, Okunbor woeful in defence, and Meaney tumbles off comically in defence.
Wenty Try 3 - Rhyse Martin and Ogden with pathetic misses in defence. Meaney stands and watches Wenty score.
Wenty Try 4 - Meaney sent back to Parramatta Rd with a fend and they score over top of him.
Dogs final try - Harper tip on to Okunbor.

Martin and Ogden despite 3rd try blunder picked their act up after that and had rather good games (as did Chris Smith).

Now after watching, tell me that Meaney and Okunbor are good ideas, or Harper is worth promoting.
Harper and Olive won the game for the magpies. Martin was good, as was Ogden and smith

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
So

1.Nick meaney
2.Jayden Okunbor
3.Will hopoate
4.Kerrod Holland
5.Reimis Smith
6.Keiran Foran
7.Lachlan Lewis
8.Aiden tolman
9.Jmk
10.Dylan Napa
11.Josh Jackson
12.Rhyse Martin
13.Adam elliot

14.Michael lichaa
15.Ofahiki Ogden
16.CHN
17.Sue
Jmk out,lichaa to 9 and smith on bench

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
but it saddened me to see so many of the fans start leaving after the first ten minutes of the second half...yes that early,
I left at halftime in our last season with des when we were being creamed by penrith. I can justify that because at that stage fans needed to send a message to fuck des off

But on sunday I saw fans leaving 30 mins before the end of the game and that's just not acceptable.

As much as we may criticize pay and the roster, right now the club needs all our support after the hasler and dib royal fuck ups

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbur is fucking shit... and nu brown is not the fucking answer. If pay is listening to the kennel he must be on the wrong thread cause his changes have weakened the side not made it stronger. Pay if your listening. Your fucked.
1 holland
2 smith
3 hoppa
4 lewis
5 Crighton
6 foran
7 coggar
8 ogden
9 lichaa
10 napa
11 chn
12 smith/martin
13 jacko

14 rfm
15 tolman
16 smith/martin
17 fuck knows, not elliot of jmk.
If your listening pay u dumb ****. That is your best team. Maybe harper in for cogger and leave lewis at 7. Start puuting some of these ***** on a garbo run, there is heaps of players not in any clubs top 30 that are better than these *****.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Meh - nothing to read in this article.
Doesn't quote Pay, board member or player.
If the DT only "understands" the changes - then its speculation
Here is a fact - team will be announced Tuesday at 4pm

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbur is fucking shit... and nu brown is not the fucking answer. If pay is listening to the kennel he must be on the wrong thread cause his changes have weakened the side not made it stronger. Pay if your listening. Your fucked.
1 holland
2 smith
3 hoppa
4 lewis
5 Crighton
6 foran
7 coggar
8 ogden
9 lichaa
10 napa
11 chn
12 smith/martin
13 jacko

14 rfm
15 tolman
16 smith/martin
17 fuck knows, not elliot of jmk.
If your listening pay u dumb ****. That is your best team. Maybe harper in for cogger and leave lewis at 7. Start puuting some of these ***** on a garbo run, there is heaps of players not in any clubs top 30 that are better than these *****.
Bro this team is terrible. 60-80points against for sure

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope "Understands" turns out to be wrong else we are about to cop a hiding.

RFM is just returning from injury and apart from the intercept pass was forming something good with Foran.
Elliott and Jackson done fuck all this year (Jackson only just back from injury too).
Sue surely only survives because he plays his previous club!
CHN has done fuck all.

1. Hoppa at centre was a disaster last year, yet we fall back into that old trap.
2. Ogden, Martin AND Chris Smith deserve to be there. Fuck that dumb **** Lichaa off and pop C Smith on the bench.
3. Crichton and Montoya for Meaney and Okunbor.. LOL oh fuck me... except a cricket score.
4. Danny F wasn't the worst forward out there, and should move to lock imho.

Pay must have money on Tigers 60+, because that's what we are going to cop.
Hoppa is a better edge defender then the other centres who have already been given 2 weeks to prove there worth.
Danny F is a pug, an ISP forward but will never transition into NRL level.
Agree with point 2 and 3.

These changes are of a coach who is desperate and so he should be. The outside backs are clearly a problem he wishes he didn’t have as shown by the replacements form on ISP.

I think we both see the same in CSmith as I have been hoping for awhile he is given a jersey.
RFM should at the least be on the bench with my preference being Elliott to ISP.

If not excited by these changes but I am somewhat satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only satisfied because he dropped the Axe. Win lose or draw it doesn’t matter now, he just needs to drop these punces. They’re just taking the piss now.

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said it multipul times on there already. It doesn’t matter who enters the team. Our defence the last 2 weeks has been exposed across the park not a specific area. It’s all got to do with attitude and fitness which we lack in both. A Martin or a meany ain’t changing shit. As a matter of fact moving hoppa is strengthing one position slightly and weakening the other. Meany ain’t ready and I’ve watched him last year and lower grades this year to see myself he isn’t ready.

Do I agree with the changes. Most yes but rfm needs to come off the bench for some impact and Martin replace him. Montoya and critch needed to be dropped. But replacements won’t do much better.

Unfortunately we are stuck with the top 30 this year so enjoy the disappointments and big score lines against us. Can’t see it changing much atall in the near future

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does Pay seriously think Mariner wouldn't add more impact off the bench than Sue??

Does Pay think Elliot is a better lock than Jacko?

Does Pay think CHN isn't good enough for an edge but good enough for the bench??

This guys off his head.
An important measure of a good coach is determined on how he selects and uses the bench effectively.

The bench is crucial and integral to the coach's structure. It's used to offer strike power, impact and stability, not just fill in four spots and/or because there is no confidence in a starting player.

When Canberra and Cronulla used the hooker combinations of Hodgson-Baptiste and Brailey-Segeyaro respectively, they did it because one offered stability whilst the other impact. I fail to see what additional attributes JMK-Lichaa combination offer. Mariner not starting on the bench puzzles me.

Last year we saw Pay's inability to select and use the bench effectively. Nothing changed!