Pay to be spared the axe for now... but Bulldogs’ $3m headache remains

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh nahhhhhhhhhhhh

You defend a bloke who confuses his support staff and players.

He isn't the right fit mate. Not my opinions. Opinions of the operators within the club, i trust them over you, they have more experience and knowledge to be considered 'realists'.

Unfortunately the decision makers see it different. And for non-football related reasons (wink wink nudge nudge)
You don't have any inside information. Move along.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And you do?
I didn't say this. What do you mean?

"Opinions of the operators within the club, i trust them over you"
"Unfortunately the decision makers see it different. And for non-football related reasons (wink wink nudge nudge)"

I've never once said I have inside information.

Imagine actually writing that ^^ and thinking you have credibility. Almost a mental illness. Trying to strengthen your opinion by pretending you have inside information.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I actually posted a Matt Elliot meme saying surely pay isn't as bad as this guy and got a few disagrees.

So a few on here like him :tearsofjoy:
It's getting desperate out there ;)

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unrealistic.
Salary cap F'd by previous management.
For the right price I would have had Reynolds back too. ~300k.
Pay has exceeded expectations. Why is it time to move on when he hasn't even had a chance to coach a competitive roster (and like I said he's exceeded expectations - which is a fact). Unless a top coach is available I don't see it, sorry.
We have a shit roster, we're rebuilding. It was never going to be pretty.
Here we fucking go again

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't say this. What do you mean?

"Opinions of the operators within the club, i trust them over you"
"Unfortunately the decision makers see it different. And for non-football related reasons (wink wink nudge nudge)"

I've never once said I have inside information.
OK, but you base your opinion on the fact that we've "overachieved" when we start each year woefully and only pick up some of the slack at the end of each year when we have nothing to play for, the team seemingly says "fuck it, let's just play footy" and ignore any directives from the coach, that's what it seems to me.

Also, you go on about paying overs a lot of the time so I assumed you had some sort of insight as to how the club powerbrokers operate

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
OK, but you base your opinion on the fact that we've "overachieved" when we start each year woefully and only pick up some of the slack at the end of each year when we have nothing to play for, the team seemingly says "fuck it, let's just play footy" and ignore any directives from the coach, that's what it seems to me.

Also, you go on about paying overs a lot of the time so I assumed you had some sort of insight as to how the club powerbrokers operate
You can't tell me that being predicted to get the wooden spoon before a ball was kicked and finishing 12th and three points out of the eight isn't overachieving.
I go on about paying overs as there isn't another logical way for a club in our position to recruit top players (and even rejects and opportunists that are wanted by other clubs in a better position than us).
From my perspective there is not an argument (besides nitpicking, which doesn't change the outcome overall) against either of these two points I've made.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he did say that squad improvement was the key regardless of the coach. Can Pay do it? We’ll know soon enough whether he’ll even get the opportunity.
3 years of oppurtunity ge cant even pick our strongest side now. More talent wont fix that u guys are off your heads. Any one with any talent are not coming to play under this moron.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
3 years of oppurtunity ge cant even pick our strongest side now. More talent wont fix that u guys are off your heads. Any one with any talent are not coming to play under this moron.
But they did for the Knights (worse position than us and a worse base to work with) and Nathan Brown (% wise a worse coach than Pay, I wouldn't want Brown over Pay, I'll say that much).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Quote: ‘I’m backing Deano’
@Straight18 - several times in 2018.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Come on flex your delusion.
Dont need to mate. The kennels private forums are a far better place. Ahhh if only you knew bradyk.

But yes. Pay good. Everyone else bad. Yes Bradyk yes.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can't tell me that being predicted to get the wooden spoon before a ball was kicked and finishing 12th and three points out of the eight isn't overachieving.
I go on about paying overs as there isn't another logical way for a club in our position to recruit top players (and even rejects and opportunists that are wanted by other clubs in a better position than us).
From my perspective there is not an argument (besides nitpicking, which doesn't change the fact) against either of these two points I've made.
OK, so you claim we're favourites for the spoon each year, but still produce upsets against Souffs, Brisbane, and actually show signs of enterprising footy...... Only when we have nothing to play for. If your theory of "we don't have the roster, and" we're over achieving" is warranted, you can't justify the fact that we upset some pretty strong sides, only when we have nothing to play for. Granted, it's extrodilarily difficult to maintain that kind of energy each week, but isn't that what the coaching and conditioning staff are for?

I can't buy your overachieving and give pay a chance with a decent roster no matter which way you try and spin it. The guy doesn't know what he's doing and is massively out of his depth

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dont need to mate. The kennels private forums are a far better place. Ahhh if only you knew bradyk.

But yes. Pay good. Everyone else bad. Yes Bradyk yes.
I don't give a shit what other people think about me haha. I have strong opinions and I need to see something that makes sense to me to change it. There are people I've argued with in the past that have earned my respect. I also don't hold grudges and when I wake up the next day I couldn't care less until I see that comment I don't agree with again. Round and round we go.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't have any inside information. Move along.
But they did for the Knights (worse position than us and a worse base to work with) and Nathan Brown (% wise a worse coach than Pay, I wouldn't want Brown over Pay, I'll say that much).
Because knights recruited well under brown, pay and this board just throw darts. Id take brown over pay anyday of the week. What have we built in our 3 shit years here, nothing ready. Brown built a talented side ready for a better coach to come finish the job. Pay is still picking reserve grade whingers to play centres in first grade when there were 10 better options. Your a clown ill give u that much

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
OK, so you claim we're favourites for the spoon each year, but still produce upsets against Souffs, Brisbane, and actually show signs of enterprising footy...... Only when we have nothing to play for. If your theory of "we don't have the roster, and" we're over achieving" is warranted, you can't justify the fact that we upset some pretty strong sides, only when we have nothing to play for. Granted, it's extrodilarily difficult to maintain that kind of energy each week, but isn't that what the coaching and conditioning staff are for?

I can't buy your overachieving and give pay a chance with a decent roster no matter which way you try and spin it. The guy doesn't know what he's doing and is massively out of his depth
Last year we were favourites for the wooden spoon. This year we were predicted to finish second last. The results you're talking about is why I believe we've overachieved. I don't think you should expect another run at the end of the season either, saying that I think we've already shown good signs this year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because knights recruited well under brown, pay and this board just throw darts. Id take brown over pay anyday of the week. What have we built in our 3 shit years here, nothing ready. Brown built a talented side ready for a better coach to come finish the job. Pay is still picking reserve grade whingers to play centres in first grade when there were 10 better options. Your a clown ill give u that much
You're a clown. Brown didn't start recruitment until 2017 and he got sacked in 2019. Pay hasn't even had that 2017 year yet which is next year, 2021. You haven't even given him a chance and this is premature. Also in 2017 Brown signed no one of note, it was 2018 when he signed Ponga, Pearce, etc.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't give a shit what other people think about me haha. I have strong opinions and I need to see something that makes sense to me to change it. There are people I've argued with in the past that have earned my respect. I also don't hold grudges and when I wake up the next day I couldn't care less until I see that comment I don't agree with again. Round and round we go.
U just cant handle any other persons opinion. Know it all wannba be someone special, well u are special brad let me tell u.