Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tigers
Bunnies
Broncos
Dragons

You would think 2-3 out of 4
I can see us beat the tigpies 1-6. MAYBE the dragqueens if they haven't got revenge on their minds.

That is all.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was expected. The board is either buying time because;
  • They really are trying to stick by Pay and that's the master plan..
  • Or have an alternative coach they don't want to announce yet (for whatever reason)
  • Or they have realised they do need a Plan B and are scrambling..
Based on the next four games it's very unlikely we will win more than 1 or 2 of them. And then, another board meeting........

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s done it’s going to take the a month to bed down the details for the new coach IMO

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These motherfuckers didn’t even appoint him and they don’t owe him shit

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Your loyalty to pay and the board is admirable but it’s blinded you to reality
Imo
It’s a democracy mate so everyone entitled to a view. Not the case though - I hate seeing us lose like any Bulldog supporter and I want our club to succeed so if ultimately that means replacing the coach and even the board if they fail to deliver what they said no issue. But I’m giving them the time they said they needed to bring us back and I don’t think that time is up yet. I also don’t believe in band-aids. I’ve seen it too many times in my career - if you paint over cracks you’re achieving very little. And if a highly respected footy mind like Gus says the same, it can’t be without merit. Irrespective the board is here until Feb 2022 at the earliest, so those who say the board needs to go will be waiting a while yet.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My feeling is that the board are buying themselves time to get a new coach BUT if they cant get anyone which is what im worried about is they will extend Pay for another year..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers
Bunnies
Broncos
Dragons

You would think 2-3 out of 4
Yep probably the easiest 4 games all year ,the thing is its not just his shit coaching/selections but he clearly doesn’t attract players which is very important

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s a democracy mate so everyone entitled to a view. Not the case though - I hate seeing us lose like any Bulldog supporter and I want our club to succeed so if ultimately that means replacing the coach and even the board if they fail to deliver what they said no issue. But I’m giving them the time they said they needed to bring us back and I don’t think that time is up yet. I also don’t believe in band-aids. I’ve seen it too many times in my career - if you paint over cracks you’re achieving very little. And if a highly respected footy mind like Gus says the same, it can’t be without merit. Irrespective the board is here until Feb 2022 at the earliest, so those who say the board needs to go will be waiting a while yet.
Gus the hypocrite who has sacked coaches himself

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brown got one year with a competitive roster and failed. Pay hasn't had that chance yet. Pay hasn't lost the dressing room and it's quite the opposite. Pay and the team will have higher expectations next year, I've already said that 100 times. I've also said 100 times that Pay has done a very good job considering everything, he's actually excelled expectations. It's very unfair what's happening to him now (and everyone in the know acknowledges this). Unless a top coach is available I personally see no reason why he won't be here next year.
He’s excelled your expectation last, says a fair bit about you!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Or have an alternative coach they don't want to announce yet (for whatever reason)
Based on the next four games it's very unlikely we will win more than 1 or 2 of them. And then, another board meeting........
Just my opinion but I think they aren’t re-signing Pay and they are just delaying the announcement till much later in the season when there’s only a few games left.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
True. But I'm guessing most on here are like me and want to know how many games NEED to be won before the axe falls.