News Pay on the lookout for more recruits

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Medically retire him and give him a halves coaching role.
I'd rather he just fuck off completely, i don't see much benefit with him as a halves coach and would rather someone like Noddy fill that role.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly ... people just think that you can magically retire a player for any injury. You can't.

Watch those some people shout Forans praises if he fires up next season and kills it alongside Lewis.

Pre injury he was looking rather sharp and firing our attack.
Early this year I always felt that the Team just needed to know how to run off Foran. Too many times he had poked through the first line of defence just looking for someone pushing up. But no one was in support. I remember one try RFM scored running off him but then several times RFM would give up on Foran too early. He digs into the line so deep it takes a little while to get used to it. But then Foran was injured.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly ... people just think that you can magically retire a player for any injury. You can't.

Watch those some people shout Forans praises if he fires up next season and kills it alongside Lewis.

Pre injury he was looking rather sharp and firing our attack.
What a load of rubbish. Foran hasnt been sharp in 4 years and you know it, otherwise you wouldnt say "if" he kills it next year.

Foran was a terrible and monumental fuck up of a signing. The bloke would be extremely lucky to get a gig in the ESL let alone at another NRL club

Everything we need from a half, Foran does not have.

The only thing Foran does is take a hitup like every other player playing Rugby League.

The only time any of our halves have looked good this year, is when Lewis came into top grade. Frawley & JMK have been poor and are not the future, but have offered more than what Foran has for 1/10th of the price

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a load of rubbish. Foran hasnt been sharp in 4 years and you know it, otherwise you wouldnt say "if" he kills it next year.

Foran was a terrible and monumental fuck up of a signing. The bloke would be extremely lucky to get a gig in the ESL let alone at another NRL club

Everything we need from a half, Foran does not have.

The only thing Foran does is take a hitup like every other player playing Rugby League.

The only time any of our halves have looked good this year, is when Lewis came into top grade. Frawley & JMK have been poor and are not the future, but have offered more than what Foran has for 1/10th of the price
Due to his injury history, It's clearly evident the guy was severly broken before he even signed a contract with us. How the nrl even agreed on him playing and registered the contract is baffling really. Then again, it is the nrl after all, a bunch of monkey's could do a better job of running the game then those dipsticks currently in charge

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Recruitment Retention is a crucial part of the job..

Des wasnt good at it, ive got my doubts over Pay also
I hope some of our incoming prospects dispel those doubts. But when we're operating on a tight budget it's hard to judge. Having to gamble on largely untested players is equally as likely to fail as to succeed. If things go well people will worship the new admin, if it goes badly the pitchforks will be out. But recruitment right now is about wringing the best out of every dollar. That means it's more than likely some recruitment decisions will be flops, hopefully a lot more of them will pay off

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that he is eager to get back on the field shows his commitment yet you wanna keep kicking him while hes down, and you act like it's his fault that he was offered a massive contract by des
Agree,I thought he tried very hard,in a badly beaten team,and jmk,next to him dint help,he could turn out to be our wildcard

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Due to his injury history, It's clearly evident the guy was severly broken before he even signed a contract with us. How the nrl even agreed on him playing and registered the contract is baffling really. Then again, it is the nrl after all, a bunch of monkey's could do a better job of running the game then those dipsticks currently in charge
His injury history is overexaggerated ... he doesn't have that much more than say the Morris brothers.

The call to pull him early this season was to get his wrist and toe fixed up.

He was getting needled in his toe to even get him on the field when he injured it a few games in. His toe was fucked. It's a wonder the bloke could walk on it, and showed exactly why he was often hobbling around in agony. He tore the ligaments and surgery (which would have had him back sooner) was unable to rejoin them thus the call was made to retire him for the season and have the ligaments reconstructed.

He was also playing with a wrist injury sustained early in the season (well actually it's a wrist injury he sustained in 2016 but was repaired fully now). Required surgery (which was done the same time as his toe).

Surgery is complete on both and he's getting around. Casting is off his wrist and I believe he may not be far off light training before seasons end.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His injury history is overexaggerated ... he doesn't have that much more than say the Morris brothers.

He was getting needled in his toe to even get him on the field when he injured it a few games in. His toe was fucked. It's a wonder the bloke could walk on it, and showed exactly why he was often hobbling around in agony. He tore the ligaments and surgery (which would have had him back sooner) was unable to rejoin them thus the call was made to retire him for the season and have the ligaments reconstructed.

He was also playing with a wrist injury sustained early in the season (well actually it's a wrist injury he sustained in 2016 but was repaired fully now). Required surgery (which was done the same time as his toe).

Surgery is complete on both and he's getting around. Casting is off his wrist and I believe he may not be far off light training before seasons end.
Mr invincible you just don't know if your talking to Bulldogs supporters on this site/kids/haven't hit puberty/or imposters.
Kieran Foran is the answer. This season was going down the drown so rather get him fixed now than later.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

He was already injury prone from his time at manly, even he admitted that. He had back, hamstring and shoulder issues at manly and the eels that ruined him. Now to cap it all off, he has a toe injury.
The guy is basically being held together with super glue, I'll be amazed if he gets through 10 games next season before he either out for the season, or calls time and retires

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was already injury prone from his time at manly, even he admitted that. He had back, hamstring and shoulder issues at manly and the eels that ruined him. Now to cap it all off, he has a toe injury.
The guy is basically being held together with super glue, I'll be amazed if he gets through 10 games next season before he either out for the season, or calls time and retires
I wonder how we would be sitting if we had this team for the entire season. Considering how many games we lost by small margins.
Mbye
Smith
Hoppa
Morris
Morris
Lewis
Foran
Klemmer
Someone like Segyaro
Woods
Martin
RFM
Jackson
Bench ( Any 4 of)
Tolman
Fualalo
Ogden
Elliott
JMK
Brown
Fine
Tuomoga
I reckon we would be challenging or in the eight.
We haven’t been that far off.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any mention of Foran just absolutely triggers me, fucking hate the ****.
NFI!

If Foran is physically fit, he is the only player in the squad that has the quality to elevate us into the top 8 next season.
And Pay knows it.

Remember the start of the season when he was played out of position and our only attacking outlet.
Not to mentions the shit service from Lichaa.

If Foran started the season this Lewis inside him and JMK at 9, things would be very different.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems realisitic for these signings-

Barba
Oates
Seggy
Tapau

IF Foran is fit and addition of Woolford I'm convinced that is a top 8 side.

Weird people hating on Oates. He's a genuine game changer.
I also think he's the best winger in the comp, especially after Friday Night.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
NFI!

If Foran is physically fit, he is the only player in the squad that has the quality to elevate us into the top 8 next season.
And Pay knows it.

Remember the start of the season when he was played out of position and our only attacking outlet.

If Foran started the season this Lewis inside him and JMK at 9, things would be very different.
Just lol. Foran isn't fit and won't ever be, just accept it for what it is. The excuses people are making are ridiculous.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Believe what you will about Foran.

The FACT is that he is grossly overpaid by this organisation.

The return on our investment is well and truly fucked beyond all measure.
Now sure he may “come good”,whatever that means, but given the risks his physical,mental and recent playing history presented, the boobs who signed him should have allowed for this, and paid him commensurate with that RISK.

Where Foran is a ****, is that he strung the Bulldogs along for how many seasons?
Every time his contract cam up he was “so close”to reuniting with his mentor Desfukdo, but nope, went to Parra, nope went to warriors.
Only when his prospects were so dim, and Desfukdo and Ray Dim were desperate to land a “big fish” signing, did he do US THE FAVOUR of signing a million dollar contract, whilst admitting he has the back of an 80 year old and can barely walk after a match.

Yeah, not a fan of this deal at all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Please go and get Rona back
Loved him on the wing, but he wanted to be centre, would love this
1. Hoppa / Meaney
2. Carr
3. Harper
4. Rona
5. Smith
I wonder how we would be sitting if we had this team for the entire season. Considering how many games we lost by small margins.
Mbye
Smith
Hoppa
Morris
Morris
Lewis
Foran
Klemmer
Someone like Segyaro
Woods
Martin
RFM
Jackson
Bench ( Any 4 of)
Tolman
Fualalo
Ogden
Elliott
JMK
Brown
Fine
Tuomoga
I reckon we would be challenging or in the eight.
We haven’t been that far off.
still shit because of Mbye... I was blinded by his shit talking and promise of ability... haven't missed him stagnating our attack at all

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NFI!

And Pay knows it.

He never will be fit. He will just play 12 games a year and be out hurt for the rest of the year. The guy is and always will be a waste of money.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems realisitic for these signings-

Barba
Oates
Seggy
Tapau

IF Foran is fit and addition of Woolford I'm convinced that is a top 8 side.

Weird people hating on Oates. He's a genuine game changer.
I also think he's the best winger in the comp, especially after Friday Night.
Oates knocked us back.