Pay axes 3 stars...

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland and not okunbor was dropped due to the explanation I got from the fox sports commentary in the game v manly
Gasnier said the tries were the result of Holland angling in on D therefore okunbor has to follow
Dropping Holland for Montoya thinking his fixed the problem is really laughable. Im not really laughing though as i feel for the boys trying to win.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game, but Holland needs to be replaced. So to me it makes sense the Montoya is the one to replace him based on last weeks game.
He could have chosen Harper, or he could have put Lewis in there which makes more sense incase Foran breaks down. And Lewis mrs isnt due for another week. She isnt due anyday

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reckon Elliot will play lock and known great defender Sue coming into the run on team over Smith knowing Pay. What a fucking mess. I am thinking this will be the lineup:

1. Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Marcelo Montoya
4. Will Hopoate
5. Reimis Smith
6. Jack Cogger
7. Kieran Foran
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson
12. Sauaso Sue
13. Adam Elliot

14. Fa'amanu Brown
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Ofahiki Ogden
17. Chris Smith
If that is the final side, I think its OK. Still not wrapped in Okunbor though.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These mass changes every few weeks makes me lose even more faith in Pay.

Of course players should be dropped if they don't perform but chopping and changing 3-4 players at a time just looks like he doesn't have a clue.

He's just swinging and missing most of the time.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s now starting to get embarrassing. We look so much like an amateur outfit from the board right through to coaches and players. Just woeful in its totality. Such a weak weak club we have become.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay says according to this report axing was because of poor defence yet okinbur the player that run in too early conceding both tries is still there. Work that out. Putting in players that are worse then the ones his replacing makes good sense
first try was on okunbor, second was holland rushing way in and okunbor had to slide in

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay says according to this report axing was because of poor defence yet okinbur the player that run in too early conceding both tries is still there. Work that out. Putting in players that are worse then the ones his replacing makes good sense
He’s a space cadet. I think he may potentially be a worse coach than Nathan Brown (which is hard to beat- almost unbeatable).

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting more and more pissed off every week that pay is our coach, the bloke has no idea and is making it up as he goes.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is not a smart man.
Pay is a destructive cog in our club. Piss him off quick smart before the club implodes. What he is doing to team morale is concerning and hard to remedy, manage and overcome with such a young squad.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chalk and Cheese champ! No way Martin and Lewis would come back to haunt us like Cook and Thurston. Martin and Lewis are no where near the level of Cook and Thurston.

Only Des can make the mistake of losing Cook...my blood still boils thinking about it.
When we let Cook go I thought wtf he was the only player in the team with any pace threw a good pass left and right and made breaks ,put the team on the front foot ,hopefully Fozz might be able to bring something to the team no one else can!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I second this as Montoya is not FG material at all, not sue what Pay is thinking here, at least Holland can kick goals now that Martin has also been dropped!!! Soooo who kicks for us now, well IF we core a try that is LOL
Meaney.

Go Dogs

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. It’s now starting to get embarrassing. We look so much like an amateur outfit from the board right through to coaches and players. Just woeful in its totality. Such a weak weak club we have become.
There's thread after thread saying drop this bloke drop that bloke. Pay is hopeless why isn't he dropping them.... Drops them and now he is hopeless and it's pays fault and he needs to be drop himself.

He literally dropped lichaa, Holland and Lewis who all have their own threads about why they should be dropped. Okunbor is only there because noone is fit or able to replace him that can make more than 2m to start a set

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's thread after thread saying drop this bloke drop that bloke. Pay is hopeless why isn't he dropping them.... Drops them and now he is hopeless and it's pays fault and he needs to be drop himself.

He literally dropped lichaa, Holland and Lewis who all have their own threads about why they should be dropped. Okunbor is only there because noone is fit or able to replace him that can make more than 2m to start a set
Pay isn’t a coaches arsehole

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sad thing is I've become that used to the rubbish and turmoil this club has dished up in last five years that I think I'd actually miss it if we went on a winning streak...

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm sick of that same excuse for last season and 8 rounds. Pay is useless.

It’s not an excuse it’s a fact!
Hasn’t changed since last season, it’s actually worse...

Be a realist buddy

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why don’t you give him credit for the other signings. Doubt any club gets a 100% like the main attractions on the kennel do..
It was a dumb signing from Day 1. You do not need Sue when you have Odgen & Toomaga coming up through the ranks along with Fualalo there as well, not to mention signing CHN

Money blown on Sue could of been used elsewhere, no matter the amount spent.

And in Canterbury's case, every cent counts
Considering clay priest was shit in every single game he played for us and pay never dropped him but for him being injured and then couldnt wait to rush him back into first grade.

It's the same scenario with sue.

Everyone sees it that there are other players who are more deserving but yet pay elevated the likes of priest and sue