Paul Vaughn has played his last game for the dragons

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was OK with him getting fined and suspended for the rest of the season but felt he's sacking from the club was a bit over the top until I heard that this wasn't his first indiscretion at the club so he has no one else to blame but himself. Not much going on between those ears.

That said it's not the crime of the century and there have been a far worse things happen from past players and many have been welcomed back into the NRL as time passes so can see him back with another club on probably less than half of that 800K he was on. Doubt any club would take him on for even half that amount now so may have to consider a stint in the ESL.

Reactions: DT

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was OK with him getting fined and suspended for the rest of the season but felt he's sacking from the club was a bit over the top until I heard that this wasn't his first indiscretion at the club so he has no one else to blame but himself. Not much going on between those ears.

That said it's not the crime of the century and there have been a far worse things happen from past players and many have been welcomed back into the NRL as time passes so can see him back with another club on probably less than half of that 800K he was on. Doubt any club would take him on for even half that amount now so may have to consider a stint in the ESL.
With our recruitment over the past decade we'll probably offer him $1.2mil a season..[emoji2957]

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is trouble, you would need to have something in his contract stating that if he stuffs up once his contract will be ripped up!
No warnings the guy is old enough to know what he can and cant do.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If he was on $400k next year there is no way he would have been fired. The Dragons have got lucky by freeing up his salary.

Shows how dumb he is. Surely he would have known he was on overs next year and he already had 2 strikes against his name. As soon as he farted without permission they were looking to sack him

Dan2

Waterboy
Reaction score
Take him on a 200k deal plus incentives if he runs for over 150m a game. His indiscretions are less then TPJ and while not as high a ceiling in terms of talent but performance wise is much more consistent.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How far have we fallen to even be considering taking another club’s dirty trash
on the contrary,
we should be picking up the bad boys.
hes being let go on discipline, nit skill.
meaning you pick up good players at a discount and thats how you can get an edge, thats what cronulla did to claw themselves out.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Must be a popular team mate if he got most of them to break protocol to turn up

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ran for 262m last week whens the last time a bulldogs forward did this
I looked up his stats because people kept saying he was shit, his metres are regularly between 140 and 200. For the right price it's an upgrade on our under 100m plodders.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I looked up his stats because people kept saying he was shit, his metres are regularly between 140 and 200. For the right price it's an upgrade on our under 100m plodders.
At the time the question was whether he was worth 600k. He wasn't. Doesn't mean he's not a solid player who makes his metres. He's just not worth that kind of money.

Now he'll have to accept a deal worth half that so he'd definitely be good value but he's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. Seeing as he'd be so cheap now, a better team is more likely to sign him than us.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's the underlying factor... Price .... Our club has been disgraceful in what they are paying certain players... People don't believe some of the figures being floated.. but guess what,, our teams over the past 5 years has had to comply within 5% of the salary cap total.. so we are obviously paying too much for average and garbage players.. so 600k players like Hoppa and tolman were probably accurate..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ran for 262m last week whens the last time a bulldogs forward did this
If I’m taking a good guess, probably 2014 and one of Klemmer, Eastwood or Pritchard…a very long time ago!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont know why peeps here keeps saying he is shit he is clearly a good player. People just jumping on the Covid train I think.
We should be pursuing bad boys who are good players at discounts. I think that’s the easiest way out with a good man manager like barrett.