Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What happens with his 8 weeks? Null and void?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson has to go altogether he offers nothing in attack whatsoever, should never be played in the second row ever again, even dopey Elliot offers more in attack, then you have RFM, Thommo small for front row would be better lock, gives him a ticket to roam a bit too, hopefully the surprise is tigers take Jackson off us asap before next year.
The question is, can we get rid of all contracted but unwanted players...Very difficult !
Jackson is a must defensive player for every team to do the dirty work the more fancied players wouldn't do, not to mention he is eligible for the $250k salary cap exemptions as a long serving player.
Idiot Elliott is contracted and despite his off field antics still could offer something off the bench unlike the likes of Stinkson.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To me it’s smart.

Both could kill it and demand extensions and a lot more $ (suits them)

Both could fail/fuck up and we are safe and $ to go for someone next year that we eyeing. Hopefully jr Paulo maybe papn lol.

Though either way the win for me is these two should at least help with the others get us to a competing top 8 team. It’s been the best part of a decade we haven’t been.

Dufty no doubt on similar money tonmeaney is a huge win.

Vaughan on close to half of Napa’s and offers 3-4x more.

Plus both with a point to prove could be huge.

If nothing else dufty and Jacs speed is a massive win to watch.

Blokes like Pangai and Vaughan will be the first real help Thompson has had of a big body outside Ava to do anything.

Elliott jacko won’t be bartering rams with that. Should help there game.

Hetho benched with Ava and either rfm or Elliott helps too for what we have to use.

Not to mention a fit rfm for once would be Fucking nice.

Cotric naden jac dufty and burton is the most exciting backline we have had since barba and jmoz in 09.

I am worried with 9 and who partners burton.

Flanagan needs to fine something. Avo needs a kicking game as it’s terrible. Maybe as a second option it changes with burton doing most.

Bbo looks a keeper and could be a half option for burton with avo maybe a centre partner to Naden if schoups defence doesn’t improve or alomiti isn’t ready.

Though 9 is a worry. Especially if Bellamy keeps Brandon.

Regardless it’s great to see our backline and pack look solid enough to compete top 8 wise.

It’s what bbo develops to and how we fill that last glaring weakness .
I love how every one of your long posts always link back to B Smith lol

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yes sir

Paul Vaughan can’t wait to repay the Bulldogs and their coach Trent Barrett for giving him a second chance.
“I played under Baz a few years ago for Country and we live up the road from each other,” Vaughan told The Australian.

“Baz has been really good through the whole process. He has always checked in on my wellbeing. It doesn’t sound like much but it meant a lot to me.

“I felt with what they are building next year — they are looking really good. I am really excited to get there and build something special.

“Also to repay Baz. That is the biggest thing. I want to repay Baz.”

Less than a month after being sacked by St George Illawarra for hosting a barbecue for 12 teammates at his Shellharbour home in breach of NSW health guidelines, Vaughan has been given a shot at redemption by Canterbury after agreeing to a one-year deal for next season.

He has paid a high price — both financially and emotionally — for what he acknowledges was a silly decision. He was handed an eight-game suspension by the NRL that he will serve over the remaining weeks of this season. He will also pay a $50,000 fine when he resumes his career.

The financial hits extend beyond the NRL sanction — his Bulldogs deal will be nearly half the $800,000-plus he was due to earn at the Dragons next season. All up, he stands to lose close to $1 million when you factor in what he would have been paid over the remainder of this season.

“I think the biggest thing is that security and stability for my family,” he said.

“That hurt me the most to be honest — having to put them through that, which was very difficult for me to see. It was a pretty stressful time.

“My wife is 33 weeks pregnant so she didn’t need any more stress than what she had already gone through. That was pretty hurtful.

“Now for me, I have a lot of motivation and I have a lot of drive to do good things next year, get back on track, and prove myself again.

“I should never have put myself in that position. It is frustrating because looking back on it, you would have gone about things so differently.

“I have learnt a couple of lessons the hard way. So the biggest thing is frustration with what I have brought on myself, the club, the NRL.”

Vaughan admits he has no one to blame but himself. His priority now is to look forward rather than stare into the rear-vision mirror.

“It was on my own head,” he said.

“I am still very remorseful and still very sorry for everything that has happened. It is not an easy thing to do when you wake up and there is media outside your house, and you are getting bashed.

“Again, I brought that on myself. It is done now, I have accepted it. I am sure everyone who has seen the story and has followed it would agree I have paid the ultimate price.

“I have lost a contract with the club that I love and I have to get my life back in order now. Now it is a challenge that I have set myself. I am really looking forward to getting back on top.

“I am going to use it in a positive way to repay Baz and the club that has given me an opportunity.”

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes sir

Paul Vaughan can’t wait to repay the Bulldogs and their coach Trent Barrett for giving him a second chance.
“I played under Baz a few years ago for Country and we live up the road from each other,” Vaughan told The Australian.

“Baz has been really good through the whole process. He has always checked in on my wellbeing. It doesn’t sound like much but it meant a lot to me.

“I felt with what they are building next year — they are looking really good. I am really excited to get there and build something special.

“Also to repay Baz. That is the biggest thing. I want to repay Baz.”

Less than a month after being sacked by St George Illawarra for hosting a barbecue for 12 teammates at his Shellharbour home in breach of NSW health guidelines, Vaughan has been given a shot at redemption by Canterbury after agreeing to a one-year deal for next season.

He has paid a high price — both financially and emotionally — for what he acknowledges was a silly decision. He was handed an eight-game suspension by the NRL that he will serve over the remaining weeks of this season. He will also pay a $50,000 fine when he resumes his career.

The financial hits extend beyond the NRL sanction — his Bulldogs deal will be nearly half the $800,000-plus he was due to earn at the Dragons next season. All up, he stands to lose close to $1 million when you factor in what he would have been paid over the remainder of this season.

“I think the biggest thing is that security and stability for my family,” he said.

“That hurt me the most to be honest — having to put them through that, which was very difficult for me to see. It was a pretty stressful time.

“My wife is 33 weeks pregnant so she didn’t need any more stress than what she had already gone through. That was pretty hurtful.

“Now for me, I have a lot of motivation and I have a lot of drive to do good things next year, get back on track, and prove myself again.

“I should never have put myself in that position. It is frustrating because looking back on it, you would have gone about things so differently.

“I have learnt a couple of lessons the hard way. So the biggest thing is frustration with what I have brought on myself, the club, the NRL.”

Vaughan admits he has no one to blame but himself. His priority now is to look forward rather than stare into the rear-vision mirror.

“It was on my own head,” he said.

“I am still very remorseful and still very sorry for everything that has happened. It is not an easy thing to do when you wake up and there is media outside your house, and you are getting bashed.

“Again, I brought that on myself. It is done now, I have accepted it. I am sure everyone who has seen the story and has followed it would agree I have paid the ultimate price.

“I have lost a contract with the club that I love and I have to get my life back in order now. Now it is a challenge that I have set myself. I am really looking forward to getting back on top.

“I am going to use it in a positive way to repay Baz and the club that has given me an opportunity.”
Thanks mate guess this is official now.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone already commented on Brent Read's story saying where are we getting all this money from. We must be headed in the right direction if opposition fans are starting to hate us again.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn another piece of the puzzle. Missing a hooker and halfback and we’re gonna start our hopes for a top 8 position after so long …