Paul Green quits as Queensland coach

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say he is feeeing himself up by round 10 next year jobs that could be available

Tigers
Bulldogs
Broncos
Cowboys
Eels

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was lucky to get the QLD job in the first place. Good luck to anyone hiring him. I don't think he has much of a clue

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who would QLD prefer, Green, Slater, Mal or Cameron Smith. Well it wouldn't be Green. Hence him no longer being coach.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green is a good assistant, like a lot of coaches. They'll bring back Mal he's outta of a job atm.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would say he is feeeing himself up by round 10 next year jobs that could be available

Tigers
Bulldogs
Broncos
Cowboys
Eels
I can't see any of those teams bar the Tigers taking him and they really should be going after Flanagan. I'd rather Barrett over Green tbh (I don't even think that's surprising to say/hear?). I personally think Green has a bad smell around him similar to Maguire (peformance/results/vibe wise).

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He got offered the job for 2022 but rejected it.

Who coaches Queensland next?
Green only looked good as a coach because he had Thurston in his team, as soon as Thurston retired the cowboys turned to shit, Green is bog average and he's proved it with the maroons.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Green only looked good as a coach because he had Thurston in his team, as soon as Thurston retired the cowboys turned to shit, Green is bog average and he's proved it with the maroons.
winning a match against this Blues team with the difference in quality between the 2 sides is something tho. The other 2 games were floggings but were also expected.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't see any of those teams bar the Tigers taking him and they really should be going after Flanagan. I'd rather Barrett over Green tbh (I don't even think that's surprising to say/hear?). I personally think Green has a bad smell around him similar to Maguire (peformance/results/vibe wise).
He had arguably the best player in the game (JT) for 15 years and won a single comp.. I doubt he will get another head coach gig in Aus.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Except in 2017 they made the GF without Thurston and the following year with Thurston they came 13th.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He had arguably the best player in the game (JT) for 15 years and won a single comp.. I doubt he will get another head coach gig in Aus.
He only started coaching in 2014. He had Thurston for 5 seasons and made 2 GF. The 2nd GF without Thurston for any finals games or the last 2 months of the comp.