Paul Green passed away

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
Well done posting these numbers mate, its CRITICAL people make contact rather than take the route of no return.
I knew 2 people in Newman a regional mining town in WA who took their lives late 2018-2019 :(
Both had lots to live for the young man I knew was under 30 ffs and the lady had just become a grandmother she was 44, yet both couldn't beat the demons that are VERY real in inherently good people in our society.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well done posting these numbers mate, its CRITICAL people make contact rather than take the route of no return.
I knew 2 people in Newman a regional mining town in WA who took their lives late 2018-2019 :(
Both had lots to live for the young man I knew was under 30 ffs and the lady had just become a grandmother she was 44, yet both couldn't beat the demons that are VERY real in inherently good people in our society.
If people don't want to call at least have a chat with someone who will listen.

Or even use the R U OK thread.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its been confirmed as a suicide. RIP always check on ur mates
Shows being wealthy and accomplishing the greatest heights in your life doesn’t bring you true happiness. Men especially are often alone, sure during the day we have a smile on our face could have a couple friends but when life knocks you down 95% of men are alone. This day and age is tough god bless him it’s always the person you least expect may he rest.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Andrew Symonds was a lifelong friend of Paul. Apparently Paul was struggling with the loss of Andrew. Two sporting legends wistfully end in tragic circumstances. Gone but not forgotten.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mental illness doesn't discriminate on who it impacts.

Wealthy or poor, famous or nobodies, perfect life or strugglers, it can get any of us and drag us down into it's hellhole.

My heart aches having read (now) that it was suicide, and knowing not everyone can claw themselves out of the damage it can do.

So damaging that he felt he had to take his life a day after his boys 9th birthday, and felt he had no other way out.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that has coached JT in a grand final has passed away
Steve Folkes
Graham Murray
Paul Green
Geez that's quite an interesting observation...

QLD and Kangaroo coaches would be shitting themselves, as perhaps Ricky Stuart if he coached him in lower grades in 2001....

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green was a very good player in his prime. Won the best and fairest medal in QRL and NRL.
Has it been confirmed as suicide ?

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
well, definitely not going to be our next coach. condolences to his family

NRL world in shock over tragic death of Paul Green at 49

The rugby league world is mourning the tragic death of former NRL player and coach Paul Green.

The 49-year-old died at his Brisbane home on Thursday morning.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Green had not complained about feeling ill before his tragic death.

Green played for Cronulla, North Queensland, Sydney Roosters, Parramatta and Brisbane in a 162-game career.

He then coached the Cowboys from 2014 to 2020, guiding them to the premiership in 2015.

He also coached the Maroons in State of Origin last year before he was replaced by Billy Slater.

Green is survived by wife Amanda and children Emerson and Jed.

More to come.
So sad, RIP Paul

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they just confirmed he took his own life, very sad
I don't know what is worse, suicide or health issues...either way it is a tragic end on a life too young to he leaving tragedy on his family.

I'll never understand suicide.
I can somewhat understand it in an act of war or terrorism (although not condoned) but I just can't get my head around it in other circumstances.

So sad. Article I read, said he attended the Sharks reunion recently. I'm speculating here, but I wonder if something triggered his mind into some sort of depression.

Still cannot understand how a guy who was successful like he was and still had so much to give, can take his own life.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't know what is worse, suicide or health issues...either way it is a tragic end on a life too young to he leaving tragedy on his family.

I'll never understand suicide.
I can somewhat understand it in an act of war or terrorism (although not condoned) but I just can't get my head around it in other circumstances.

So sad. Article I read, said he attended the Sharks reunion recently. I'm speculating here, but I wonder if something triggered his mind into some sort of depression.

Still cannot understand how a guy who was successful like he was and still had so much to give, can take his own life.
no one will ever know what is going on unfortunately, i think they think it is the best option for themselves and family. definitely a sickness that has no cure.
apparently he had a gig at dolphins also, sons birthday yesterday, very sad.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very sad & kinda strange had a Sharks reunion 5 days ago, played golf with a few ex players a couple of days ago, Sons birthday yesterday & had a job lined up at the Dolphins next year. Feel sorry for his friends & family looks like they had no signs of depression at all to try & get him help.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a good interview with Qayne Bennnett this afternoon on Brisbane's mmm rush hour.

Wayne is normally a pretty stoic, even unemotional guy, but he Was clearly moved as he spoke of Green, as he revealed he was negotiating him to be an assistant at the Dolphins.