Paul Green passed away

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel for his boy. Someone mentioned it was the day after his 9th birthday. Birthdays are such a magical day for children. The day he looks forward to more than any other will now be followed by the day that will continue to cause him so much pain for the rest of his life. I don't want to dismiss or diminish from the immense and helpless state Paul must have been in, but it's his family and friends left behind that I truly feel for. Let's hope and pray that this loss doesn't cause them their own mental demons. Very sad situation.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw the 9 news story and can’t get the picture of his kids out of my head (I have a girl and boy look like similar ages)

The fact he kissed them goodbye as they left for school knowing he wasn’t going to be there when they got home …heart goes out to his beautiful family

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sad.
It just makes you really wonder, from the outside looking in, he had a beautiful young family, nice house, financially well off, reports he had a job as an assistant coach with Bennett at the Dolphins next season, a job in a field that he really loved. All these things society says will make you happy and yet he had major depression.
RIP

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no it stood for ‘sudden arrhythmic death syndrome’, since the 1980s, which was then labelled by the media as ‘sudden adult death syndrome’ in 2022 as it gets clicks. Both the same thing, just the media sensationalising.
Well maybe there are 2 then because I have known it as Seasonal Affected Disorder for decades. I have never heard of sudden arrhythmic death syndrome ever.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though fuck every opposition team and player, im happy nobody has passed away or even collapsed yet.
that has been attributed to it. There have been lower grade players who have had to retire due to heart problems & overseas players have died

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope. However long you keep posting garbage I’ll keep giving it to you - you’ve earned it princess.
I responded to another comment that stated the vax was the reason and simply said that people are saying this because of the fact that the media comes up with terms like sads (sudden adult death syndrome)which adds fuel to the fire you dumb ****…
please tell me you dumb fuck where I said he died because of the vax directly

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very sad & kinda strange had a Sharks reunion 5 days ago, played golf with a few ex players a couple of days ago, Sons birthday yesterday & had a job lined up at the Dolphins next year. Feel sorry for his friends & family looks like they had no signs of depression at all to try & get him help.
Golf.... that explains it....
Many a time I felt useless on a golf course, not being able to hit that little white ball and duffing it.

And when you play with single digit markers you feel even more shit.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T
I hope the NRL and ALL MEDIA OUTLETS expose the serious issue surrounding mental health instead of hiding behind the stigma that it has been tarnished with.

Fuck off pride round, women round, indigenous round and all the rest and bring in a mental health round. Donate every single penny to charities and organisations that need it.

Just look at what The Rock Radio Station does in NZ for the I Am Hope Foundation and see the huge benefits that it does. They have raised close to, if not more, than $1mil for the cause.
There's plenty of awareness and fund-raising around mental health over the last 10 years. Most organisations are well aware, people always talk about it, and help is offered to anyone that reaches out.

It's the reaching out part that has to come from within. By all reports with Green there seemed to be little or no signs of any issues so it's hard for people around him to have taken action.

I somewhat feel the head knocks and multiple concussions players get may create a headspace that is easier for suicidal thoughts to manifest themselves.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As
hope the media respect the family, give them privacy & don't go looking for details or examine the poor blokes personal life.
As much as I feel the family should be given privacy to mourn him, I believe that at some stage in near future, the details should come out to allow the world to perhaps detect signs which can lead to better education and prevention.

Bottling this thing up, I don't think helps the next person or their family.

I'd go as far as say that ridiculing suicide and highlighting the devastating effects on remaining family members may just plant seeds in troubled people's minds to NOT do it. Its abit like tobacco ads or car crash ads. Show enough people graphic images of the after effects and it might just force a change in the next person.

It probably won't stop it, but it's so very sad to hear that someone with so much life to look forward to can do the unthinkable.