Paul Gallen: Sharks would love to have Aaron Woods, but how much are the Bulldogs willing to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paul Gallen: Sharks would love to have Aaron Woods, but how much are the Bulldogs willing to pay?
LEAGUE

• "I think he'd be great for us, he'd be great for any club," Galled said on 100% Footy.

"The numbers don't tell everything, but you look at his numbers and they are still as good as anyone in the competition.

"You compare them against his teammate David Klemmer, I think he's been as good as David Klemmer this year and he's playing Origin.

"The big thing with Aaron Woods is the price tag.

"If he was on half of what he was on, there wouldn't be an issue with him.

"There wouldn't be an issue with him staying at the Dogs, there wouldn't be an issue with people saying he's a good player.

"He cops a lot of flak because of that price tag, with that price tag comes a lot of pressure and a lot of expectation.

"He probably hasn't bent the line like he has in previous years, but again, it all comes down to money.

"How much of that $900K are the Dogs willing to pay, I know Cronulla will make an offer, I don't know what the numbers are, say the number is $500K I don't know if the Dogs are willing to pay $400K.

"That's what it's going to come down to."

NRL Leaks disclosed that Woods had revealed to his close friends that he was keen to move to Cronulla.

"Aaron Woods has told his closest friends that he wants to join Cronulla for one reason - to play finals football under Shane Flanagan," NRL Leaks revealed.

"In a sign of respect for the Sharks, Woods views the Shire club as his first choice - should the Bulldogs squeeze him out.

"Woods has played in one finals series - seven years ago in his debut 2011 year - and recognises that under Flanagan, the Sharks have missed just one final series since 2012.

"The catch is, Cronulla are only interested in signing the former prop at their price - and it's nowhere near the $900,000 contract Woods is currently on at Canterbury.

"The Sharks would only be interested in paying half that figure."
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...-contract-nsw-blues/akojdqocolih1ly7ew06uozjr

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
First he left the tigers to play finals footy and because the team was a shambles. Then he comes to the dogs and tells everyone he wants to leave to play finals footy and the dogs are a shambles.

Woodsie just fuck off will you. Ever heard of leading from the front? Ever heard of inspiring a team out of a hole and setting an example of how to dig deep? Maybe look at your mate Klemmer or Jacko you dip stick.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree fuck right off. Keep him over paying sharks 400k to play him. Suck me off

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow it goes to show that he doesn’t give a fuck about anything but himself

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Is 700k a fair price for Woods?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What Gallen says is absolutely spot on, this all comes down to $$$. I really do wonder what we are willing to pay to let him go elsewhere, and I REALLY hope it isn't something like $400k because that is just ridiculous.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if the **** wants to play final footy under Flanagan , get a pay cut and fuck off.

Dogs should make him play reserves and destroy his career if he doesn't want to play as per his price tag.
Yep - ask for a release so that we don't have to pay any of his freight.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there any way to force this prick to go to Newcastle??? Surely we could get a better deal out of them.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be willing to pay $700k this year and $500k next year to get him off our books for 2020.
Bonus if we can squeeze a decent replacement from them

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it came down to another club wanting us to pay close to half his wage to leave, it becomes pretty pointless letting him go. We knew before he started with us that he's more of a workhorse than an impact player. And if we're only freeing enough cap space up to lure a dud to the club I'd keep him. He's not useless, it's just a matter of fans expecting more of him because his price tag is supposedly very high according to the guesses made by the media

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well if the **** wants to play final footy under Flanagan , get a pay cut and fuck off.

Dogs should make him play reserves and destroy his career if he doesn't want to play as per his price tag.
Jason Taylor has experience in situations like these

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the club doesn’t back down and tells Woods he can take a pay cut if he really wants to leave. Isn’t that what Sims did to get out of Newcastle? Otherwise Woods can stay because we aren’t much better off if he goes and we are still paying half his salary

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t the sharks NEED another big man? That’s what they’ve said.
Pony up sharkies!

Market forces at play...we got what you need, cough it up...

...or..what do you have you’re we can trade *****!

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we have to pick up a cent of the tab to move him on, the board are crazy to sanction this.
Mbye was a good big of business,
THIS IS NOT!

We will not be able to attract another prop of his quality with the $$ we have left over after paying to move him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.