Paul Alamoti

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a mad cnt. Not sure why everyone's jizzing when they used to roast hoppa. He's a hoppa clone with a fend.
Meninga was still quicker... In terms of pace, Alamoti would be in the same bracket as someone like Mick Cronin IMO
Cronin had the height which assisted his passing game which Ala doesn't poses, though pace wise possibly similar.
If Ala has 1/2 the career with us that Cronin had with the scum he will be massive for us...
Ala only needs enough pace/power to poke through the line and then use his silky passing to put the Fox away as others have already mentioned..

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To think he is showing this skill on the left when he should be on the right side, but probably best for his development playing with kiks and the Foxx. Glad he is in the blue and white

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still should eventually be moved to the right - left foot step, left hand fend, carries the ball in his right hand. Learning is trade at left with experienced players around him.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s incredible he’s only 19 and has only played 5 games, because he’s already shown qualities that far more mature players have. He has been pretty unfazed so far and will only get better.

I honestly questioned if he was ready but Ciro certainly didn’t and he’s been proven correct.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s Tongan bro. Major differences are Alamoti has a much better temperament despite being a much younger player, Alamoti has better game awareness, much better passer, defender and ball runner. Alamoti in his short career has shown he has less mistakes in him too. Schoupp has him for pace and that’s about it
That’s all I have been asking for

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
W
Still very raw and has his ups and downs. But 19 years old and has a highlight play every game. Once he is developed a bit more he will be unstoppable. Definitely will end up a forward eventually. Nice to see a young player coming in.

I think after the fend they had a prop trying to run up and smash him every time.
Ups and downs? He has made 1 or 2 mistakes in 5 games. Explain his downs please?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a mad cnt. Not sure why everyone's jizzing when they used to roast hoppa. He's a hoppa clone with a fend.
Hoppa was more skilful though. Very silky hands and good footy brain. Still rate Alamoti though, not trying to take anything away from him…he will be a little superstar if he keeps improving at this rate.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Say his name and he appears….

The answer is yes. I still think Schoupp is better, although I haven’t watched Schoupp this yeah for the titans.

I say this because I’m not really seeing what everyone else is about Alamoti. Those passes weren’t smooth. JAC nearly dropped it as it was behind him.

If someone can tell me what I’m kissing about the kid, appreciated.
lol it’s acceptable to base judgement of what you’ve seen from Schoupp last year and Alomoti this year. If you think Schoupp is better then forget about opinion, your just a poor judge of a player. Btw I’ve watched a few titans games this year and Schoupp is still a ball hog and a glory hunter hahaha.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow u Fucken duds, one of if not the most promising centres at 19 years of age killing it and getting better every game and u find a way to shut him down he’s too slow. Fucken sickening, too bad he’s not here to reply to some of you 50 year old failed coaches
I wish I could naturally express what I think like you do hahaha. I wholeheartedly agree with the above.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Schoupp's biggest problem was he played with blinkers on and never looked to play in his winger and when you have Addo-Carr outside of him, that's a problem
No blinkers on Schoupp. He’s not really a team player and more an individual seeking glory. A couple of times last year he got the shits with Foxx because he beat him to the ball for a try. He knew when Foxx was outside him but just refused to pass.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No blinkers on Schoupp. He’s not really a team player and more an individual seeking glory. A couple of times last year he got the shits with Foxx because he beat him to the ball for a try. He knew when Foxx was outside him but just refused to pass.
A less nice way of putting it but yeah... Schoupp is a glory hunter... Cost us tries last year because he was not a team player

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
By the logic of pace then Chris Mortimer and Andrew Farrar must have been crap.
You make a very good point. Neither were very quick but more than held their own against speedsters like zip zip man Steve Ella etc. Alomoti is potentially more skilful than both Farrar and Mortimer imo.