Paul Alamoti

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hoppa was more skilful though. Very silky hands and good footy brain. Still rate Alamoti though, not trying to take anything away from him…he will be a little superstar if he keeps improving at this rate.
Hoppa more skilful than Alomoti really! Alomoti has barely scratched the surface of what he’s capable of.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You make a very good point. Neither were very quick but more than held their own against speedsters like zip zip man Steve Ella etc. Alomoti is potentially more skilful than both Farrar and Mortimer imo.
Thing is the kid isn't slow. In terms of speed his greatest asset is acceleration, however top speed is reached quickly and flatlines whilst others reach top speed he has Ado Carr beside him to give the ball to.

That initial acceleration is creating the chances.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronin had the height which assisted his passing game which Ala doesn't poses, though pace wise possibly similar.
If Ala has 1/2 the career with us that Cronin had with the scum he will be massive for us...
Ala only needs enough pace/power to poke through the line and then use his silky passing to put the Fox away as others have already mentioned..
What are people talking about!!

Cronin was 178cm - Alamoti 183cm
Alamoti is much quicker than Cronin was and at least as fast as
Meninga

He has more than enough pace

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa was more skilful though. Very silky hands and good footy brain. Still rate Alamoti though, not trying to take anything away from him…he will be a little superstar if he keeps improving at this rate.
Hoppa got a bad wrap cos he didn't have someone like Jac on his outside, he has Oks...lol

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s going to be even better when he moves to the right and can use his LEFT hand fend every run

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Needs a bit more pace though
Doesn't need the pace when he has JAC outside him. Start thinking Olam/JAC combination at storm. But difference being I think Alamoti has bucket loads more potential than Olam.

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will be interesting next year with Crighton and Xerri coming. Tbh I would replace Averillo with Crighton at right centre.... Let Xerri have half a season in NSW cup to get match fitness up before even considering him. But at this rate should not replace Alamoti and Crighton should not replace Perham.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Critta
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri/Avo
4. Alamoti
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Marley (if he survives Covid for the 2nd time)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow u Fucken duds, one of if not the most promising centres at 19 years of age killing it and getting better every game and u find a way to shut him down he’s too slow. Fucken sickening, too bad he’s not here to reply to some of you 50 year old failed coaches
I'll take his skill and strength over a bit more speed.

He can be even better than Talau, I personally think he will be.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow u Fucken duds, one of if not the most promising centres at 19 years of age killing it and getting better every game and u find a way to shut him down he’s too slow. Fucken sickening, too bad he’s not here to reply to some of you 50 year old failed coaches
all the haters use Kennel Bipolar armchair coach
logic my friend

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still should eventually be moved to the right - left foot step, left hand fend, carries the ball in his right hand. Learning is trade at left with experienced players around him.
Right hand carry is better returning from the left pocket, though?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this talk of speed?! That’s what wingers are for! Most of our centres going back decades weren’t fast from what I remember. Matthew Ryan, Talau, Timu, Ben Harris, Steven Hughes, Darren Smith, McCracken and on and on.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will be interesting next year with Crighton and Xerri coming. Tbh I would replace Averillo with Crighton at right centre.... Let Xerri have half a season in NSW cup to get match fitness up before even considering him. But at this rate should not replace Alamoti and Crighton should not replace Perham.
Alamoti will have ownership of one centre position next year and beyond.