Paul Alamoti

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If you read this Nasheed, do you still think that Schoupp is a better centre lol.
Say his name and he appears….

The answer is yes. I still think Schoupp is better, although I haven’t watched Schoupp this yeah for the titans.

I say this because I’m not really seeing what everyone else is about Alamoti. Those passes weren’t smooth. JAC nearly dropped it as it was behind him.

If someone can tell me what I’m kissing about the kid, appreciated.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Say his name and he appears….

The answer is yes. I still think Schoupp is better, although I haven’t watched Schoupp this yeah for the titans.

I say this because I’m not really seeing what everyone else is about Alamoti. Those passes weren’t smooth. JAC nearly dropped it as it was behind him.

If someone can tell me what I’m kissing about the kid, appreciated.
Schoupp is better than Alamoti…..Fuck off idiot

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still very raw and has his ups and downs. But 19 years old and has a highlight play every game. Once he is developed a bit more he will be unstoppable. Definitely will end up a forward eventually. Nice to see a young player coming in.

I think after the fend they had a prop trying to run up and smash him every time.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If you go back through some of the great teams we are more balanced with one powerful centre and one speedy centre.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's definitely got instincts that'll take him a long way. Might not be the quickest, but I think he'd make walls shit bricks if he ran at them. And he's definitely an unselfish type with silky passing skills.

I wonder if the fact that he's playing alongside JAC makes him appear slower than he actually is.
Spot on. The fastest man on the planet makes a slug out of everyone!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alamoti is not quick particularly over anything more than 50 metres BUT he generates alot of power very quickly and is quick enough over the first 20 metres to be very damaging - hopefully he will start to get some good ball inside opposition 20 - particularly running an outside in line.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow u Fucken duds, one of if not the most promising centres at 19 years of age killing it and getting better every game and u find a way to shut him down he’s too slow. Fucken sickening, too bad he’s not here to reply to some of you 50 year old failed coaches

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's definitely got instincts that'll take him a long way. Might not be the quickest, but I think he'd make walls shit bricks if he ran at them. And he's definitely an unselfish type with silky passing skills.

I wonder if the fact that he's playing alongside JAC makes him appear slower than he actually is.
Great insight.

The best thing about him is that at 19 he is already physically imposing and a strong runner, and a lot of other young players with those attributes would be constantly trying for the hero play. This kid already has the maturity to know his strengths and when to use them, but more importantly when to just be a link in the chain to get the ball to JAC. How many times has he already been the reason JAC has gotten room to run on the outside? Super exciting to think where he’ll be in a few years.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shift from right to left for JAC's try was awesome but it all came down to Al's catch and pass. He copped a late shoulder from Feldt too (should have been a sin bin). While we look for Al to have those big runs and that fend, I think this part of his game is extremely underrated. He has great silky hands for a big guy. Just needs to work on his anticipation (this will get better with experience) but we should all be really happy with his development thus far.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We all know this guy is special, along with king and Preston and Frankie.. they got the right attitude, and add the mongrel we have been missing!!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mal wasn’t super fast, just a big strong centre he reminds me of mal.
Meninga was still quicker... In terms of pace, Alamoti would be in the same bracket as someone like Mick Cronin IMO

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Star your case?
Let’s face it you just like him better because he’s Samoan. U always bias to Samoan players
He’s Tongan bro. Major differences are Alamoti has a much better temperament despite being a much younger player, Alamoti has better game awareness, much better passer, defender and ball runner. Alamoti in his short career has shown he has less mistakes in him too. Schoupp has him for pace and that’s about it

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s Tongan bro. Major differences are Alamoti has a much better temperament despite being a much younger player, Alamoti has better game awareness, much better passer, defender and ball runner. Alamoti in his short career has shown he has less mistakes in him too. Schoupp has him for pace and that’s about it
Schoupp's biggest problem was he played with blinkers on and never looked to play in his winger and when you have Addo-Carr outside of him, that's a problem