Patrick Templeman will save the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
After all said and done, the NYC is a farce, how does the ladder leaders get flogged like that?...bring back reserve grade.

stueymclaugh

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Templeman! Templeman! This kids awesome! I knew his was good but i didnt realise the guy was more than just a player, his a future professional hands down. He talks, he Directs, He manages, He has great vision and his skill set is great. He is definitely the next Brett Stewart! If only Barba finished his contract Templeman would be a Straight slot in within two years. Up yours Barba for ruining the Dogs Plans..
This

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
He's mid to high 80kgs and looks like he would easily hold another 10kgs on his frame, 185cm tall and almost 100kgs, speed, passing game (second try in this game was a double cut out pass on the oppositions try line for the winger to score), and kicks goals. All of a sudden he could be very important to our future, when is he signed until anyone know?
You sure? I've seen him in real life the bloke is a twig and would get punished at first grade at his current weight. He will need a minimum 1 to 2 years in NSW cup to see if he will cut it which doesn't solve our problem. Massey looked good in 20's and we all know how shit he was in first grade for Canberra.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If size was a key factor in ones ability then someone like Tony Williams would be one of the greatest players around,we all know his not. Toovey and Langer were two little blokes who were probably smaller than Patty and they dominated, so cant see any reason that Patty can't as well. A full off season of training to bulk up will certainly help.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You sure? I've seen him in real life the bloke is a twig and would get punished at first grade at his current weight. He will need a minimum 1 to 2 years in NSW cup to see if he will cut it which doesn't solve our problem. Massey looked good in 20's and we all know how shit he was in first grade for Canberra.
Yeah well his stat on the screen said 86kgs and 185cm tall, I haven't seen him in person but even on screen he looks "lanky". As you said with most players you just don't know how they will go until you give them an opportunity. As others pointed out that comp is touch footy and when the commentators said that canberra were the comp favourites and we were smashing them it does show the standard a bit. One thing is for sure he is well above the standard of the holden cup and he looked brilliant compared to the competition??? I'm sure Crusher and Des would know if he has the goods!

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Yeah well his stat on the screen said 86kgs and 185cm tall, I haven't seen him in person but even on screen he looks "lanky". As you said with most players you just don't know how they will go until you give them an opportunity. As others pointed out that comp is touch footy and when the commentators said that canberra were the comp favourites and we were smashing them it does show the standard a bit. One thing is for sure he is well above the standard of the holden cup and he looked brilliant compared to the competition??? I'm sure Crusher and Des would know if he has the goods!
That's it. Really all we can do is stick him in NSW cup and see how he goes. It's the closest thing we have to first grade at the moment.

Has anyone been down to NSW cup lately and seen how John Sila has been going? Noticed he scored 2 tries last night. He is still leading try scorer in the u20's and has played half the year in NSW cup lol.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's it. Really all we can do is stick him in NSW cup and see how he goes. It's the closest thing we have to first grade at the moment.

Has anyone been down to NSW cup lately and seen how John Sila has been going? Noticed he scored 2 tries last night. He is still leading try scorer in the u20's and has played half the year in NSW cup lol.
Noticed Jarrod Hickey running around for Illawarra in the nsw cup game after the dogs too!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How's bout Young feeney?? His a good lil player playmaker too. Very tough and is a great ball player.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has good qualities but its almost impossible to tell how well these tiny NYC players will go in the NRL. Very very few of them actually step up and maintain that level.

Also, not really sure how impartial it is passing judgement on him in a game that we win by 50+

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He has good qualities but its almost impossible to tell how well these tiny NYC players will go in the NRL. Very very few of them actually step up and maintain that level.

Also, not really sure how impartial it is passing judgement on him in a game that we win by 50+
Yeah but Canberra were spose to be the premiership favourites the commentators said?? lol

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canberra are outright ladder leaders and get fifty put on them in the first half wtf
And in nsw cup the ladder leading sharks lose to us who r coming last ahahaha

benny1993

New Pup
Reaction score
tempo

I played with this guy till he went to qcup...he was always close if not best on field...always played halfback...he may be lanky but he aint easy to tackle

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still don't think he'll make a dent in first grade or see much for that matter

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe Templeman is a better player than you give him credit for. Hes deceptively fast, is tall, and is a natural running player. He will make a fist of it if hes given a go.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely think he will be a star for us, though maybe not for another yr or 2.

I don't buy in to the whole lanky thing. Look at Brett Hodgson. The guy is 80kgs dripping wet, yet he's tough as nuts. Patty has all the makings of a star

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
no fekking chance

Status
Not open for further replies.