Opinion Patolo

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Chris Patolo train is yet to leave the station, but he’s only 22 so I think his future is still bright if he can stay relatively injury free and increases his work ethic. I don’t know how some of these middles only manage 2 or 3 runs in 15-20mins, one would think a minimum 1 run per set is reasonable…
If they aimed for a run on the 4th tackle we could solve couple of problems.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CC is clearly looking after Patolo in his return to FG. Giving him plenty of chance to gain confidence in his body at this level. I don't mind it. Smart coaches are looking at next weeks game AND also planning out their whole season. Individual players have to be managed in context of the entire team, and if Patolo gets through some short stints CC will ask him to do more.

If Curran or Hughes has to go off in the first half of the game you can bet Patolo is asked to do more minutes. CC uses a kind of "insurance" policy approach to his forwards, he wants to keep at least 2 pretty fresh for most of the game in case a key forward goes down.
PD did the melb game change your perspective of our forwards and how CC has them playing.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Farmer silly or Knight take his spot, ?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a good sign for Patolo. Can't help injury. But he might go down as one of those unlucky guys that never quite get a decent crack at a career. The Stanley brothers jump to mind as examples.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a good sign for Patolo. Can't help injury. But he might go down as one of those unlucky guys that never quite get a decent crack at a career. The Stanley brothers jump to mind as examples.
Yes, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a waste of a spot in the 17. Can we please see if he can make it through 3 whole games in a row in regies before he's ever considered for first grade again ?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a waste of a spot in the 17. Can we please see if he can make it through 3 whole games in a row in regies before he's ever considered for first grade again ?
He played the first four rounds of NSW cup.

Today's injury was very unlucky, if not down to a dodgy tackle.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we get a refund or something? He ain't cut for for it by the looks of it

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Respect for coming back after every injury but it’s over for him

I don’t even mind if he kicks on somewhere else but we can’t justify a top 30 spot let alone a top 17 on him going forward with our prop depth