Opinion Patolo

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen Willie Mason say this guys a future of our forwards, is it just me not seeing it? Had 3 runs last week and came off injured, 2 runs tonight, injured again possibly? Never been overly impressed by him, hes never fit and hasnt been from day 1.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm struggling to see anything in this guy but to be honest I haven't actually seen a lot of him. He's been injured for the past two seasons. Mason probably sees what he does at training etc and is a better judge of forwards than me so there must be some potential to be unlocked. Club obviously sees something in him and gave him a one year extension. If he fails to make an impression this year and doesn't get renewed then he might be one of those players who hang around in reserve grade and become late bloomers after they get better luck with injuries and play consistent footy.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys playing busted but thats how desperate we are atm i cant believe im saying this but ryan sutton would have been handy atm, We have 2 props in the 17 that cant manage to have more then 5 hit ups a game 1 is patalo the other is poosa (i see why he hasnt made it at his previous clubs just dosent have a motor for nrl). Patalo is still young so wont write this guy off just yet.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I seen Willie Mason say this guys a future of our forwards, is it just me not seeing it? Had 3 runs last week and came off injured, 2 runs tonight, injured again possibly? Never been overly impressed by him, hes never fit and hasnt been from day 1.
I think the Chris Patolo train is yet to leave the station, but he’s only 22 so I think his future is still bright if he can stay relatively injury free and increases his work ethic. I don’t know how some of these middles only manage 2 or 3 runs in 15-20mins, one would think a minimum 1 run per set is reasonable…

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciraldo did this with Hughes too. Hughes was getting 10-15 minutes max for the first few rounds and then in the last two rounds he's up to playing 40 minutes and looking really good. I wonder if Ciraldo just does this with new/young props, he wants to ease them into their role for a few weeks and then assuming they're doing what's expected at training he ups their minutes? Fine in theory I suppose but it puts a lot of extra effort on the other forwards to cover.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see it - he will need luck with his fitness until he can earn a new deal, however in my opinion he will keep getting better as he matures. Could turn out to be a very good value front rower in the current market!

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not uncommon for young forwards to pick up multiple injuries as they transition to FG he will grow out of it , just have to be patient with him and bring him on slowly and Ciraldo is doing exactly that.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was looking promising in his first 5 or so first grade games 2 years ago but constant injuries and concussion since then have prevented him from building up any consistent game time and his confidence is understandably a bit sapped. I hope he can turn all that around over this season and get a good preseason into him next year.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hard to tell the guy barely gets through games or strings games together. Hughes is very good though

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's f..king useless. Off contract this year. We need to f..k him off. Surely there's better middles in NSW Cup at other clubs we could replace him with. At the most he needs to be moved out of top 30 next year and go on a development contract. All he's worth until he proves otherwise.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His limited carries were good I thought
I agree. He's Slowly getting back with limited minutes. I thought he did pretty well.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When he strung those 5 or so games in a row after we got pumped by manly he was looking pretty decent… but that was like 3 years ago… nothing since. He’s a minimum wager but he’s blocked us from bringing other people in.. hopefully he comes good but he’s out of time in my opinion