Opinion Patience for long term success

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: all the talk of broncos and their “quick rebuild”. While the mighty bulldogs play it cool. Bulldogs have the perfect ingredients and the next 12 months something fucking awesome is coming our way....... juniors are coming through , some decent current players , player cleanout and more signing to come . I might have to get back on the lamb kebabs and get off the donor meat. Brandon smith for a player swap is on cards. Should get done in next 2 months . Aaron schoupp is going to kill it when he debuts soon. And I want to thank the nrl for making the game a glorified touch football spectacle. For the last 10 years the power brokers in game have ruined it. It’s a farce to watch.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not optimistic one bit until Brandon Smith is signed and announced.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We will smash the donkeys and co next year, you can see the massive decline from - donkeys and raiders. Cowboys , sharks and now the knights , however , this time next year we will not be 16th. We will begin our claw back.!! The rest will continue their downward spiral.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not optimistic one bit until Brandon Smith is signed and announced.
I feel like he’s coming ... Stimson he knows and ado carr, and cheese are good mates ya can tell from the Instagram account. Once we got the cheese the rest will flow. Burton is honestly so exciting I can’t wait

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will smash the donkeys and co next year, you can see the massive decline from - donkeys and raiders. Cowboys , sharks and now the knights , however , this time next year we will not be 16th. We will begin our claw back.!! The rest will continue their downward spiral.
love the enthusiasm brother

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are always talking about next year or the year after.
This year was suppose to be a year of improvement, climbing out of the black hole.
We had 3 years to prepare.
We have seen no improvement.
There are always excuses.
Winners dont make excuse, they get shit done.

4-5 years of shit, how much more patient must 1 be?

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This year was suppose to be a year of improvement, climbing out of the black hole.

5 more years to be honest.. Were on a slow rebuild grass roots and all and only experience will make the young pups we are keeping better.. Culture and standards are being reset but only those who want it and embrace the change will be around after the next few seasons.
Looking at our juniors this year we will see them in FG in the next 5 yrs. Thats the timeline so sit back and watch the progress with interest and attention to the smaller things going on.
Baz and Co will need us all to be patient..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

All true...but really we didn't prepare.
Or repair. We just marked time with the poor recruitment and retention with what we did have to spend.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
5 more years to be honest.. Were on a slow rebuild grass roots and all and only experience will make the young pups we are keeping better.. Culture and standards are being reset but only those who want it and embrace the change will be around after the next few seasons.
Looking at our juniors this year we will see them in FG in the next 5 yrs. Thats the timeline so sit back and watch the progress with interest and attention to the smaller things going on.
Baz and Co will need us all to be patient..
I think that sounds like a pretty fair analysis.

I wasnt expecting miracles or top 4 in the next 2 years.
I was hoping for increments of improvement this year.
I dont think that was an unrealistic expectation going into 2021.

Anyways, is what it is and I need to stop sooking about it.
Today I woke up for the first time ever on game day and I wasnt pumped.
Hopefully that will change in the next hour or 2.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All true...but really we didn't prepare.
Or repair. We just marked time with the poor recruitment and retention with what we did have to spend.
Yeah and no doubt it was going to be difficult to recruit when your our club has looked poor for so long.
Anyways........:yum: whatcha gonna do..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah and no doubt it was going to be difficult to recruit when your our club has looked poor for so long.
Anyways........:yum: whatcha gonna do..
Vicious cycle for us that only steady and competent future long term planning can remedy.

Even next year we will not have the roster to be a consistant Top 4 team and scraping into Top 8 is our best possible bet IMO.

If we get the basics in place, a roster business plan something equivalent to rival Storm/Rorters and some wins, drive, determination and confidence, then we will be back up there.

Baz may not be that guy to take us all the way, but he is attracting players and will still play his part in our rebuild one way or another.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What doesn’t fill me with much confidence is that our roster still has plodders coming off contract next year and they year after that and no steps have been take to shed those players. Its like another built in excuse for a lack of success. All these players we don’t want why weren’t they told to find other clubs already. Its just a farce and I can understand why some are not optimistic about our future under Barrett.