Pat O'Hanlon - Get Well Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cronk is the ultimate good sport. I watched Reynolds nail Cronk after he kicked the ball today, and Cronk grabbed Reynold's arm and helped him up.
Watching a replay on that injury, and Cronk's reaction........ yeh, his a good guy.

As soon as he noticed the injury he was looking to have the ref pause things, second was getting his team mate off him and out of the way, and third was to stay their out of nothing that could be anything but concern. Respect Cronk.... good on ya mate. ( 1 of the " big 3 " Smith I'm not sure about, and Slater I've been sure was a **** for quite a while, but Cronk seems like a good guy)

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching a replay on that injury, and Cronk's reaction........ yeh, his a good guy.

As soon as he noticed the injury he was looking to have the ref pause things, second was getting his team mate off him and out of the way, and third was to stay their out of nothing that could be anything but concern. Respect Cronk.... good on ya mate. ( 1 of the " big 3 " Smith I'm not sure about, and Slater I've been sure was a **** for quite a while, but Cronk seems like a good guy)
When Williams broke his neck when tackled by Slater he realised and sat there under him holding his head steady and preventing further damage until the medical staff came out.

as for the O'Hanlon injury. Looked similar too but not quite as bad as JYY's. Compound fracture in the lower leg and dislocated ankle i think? (Haven't read any news on it but that's what it looked like).

hopefully being a back rower and not as dependent on his speed he will be able to get back to strength and on the field. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disturbing to watch . As someone who has never played league it's certainly eye opening at how much physicality must be involved.
What looked like a nothing tackle was as brutal as falling off a 10 metre building....FMD .,, respect to all our players

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the break it reminded me of the yowyeh break... hope its not the same

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the break it reminded me of the yowyeh break... hope its not the same
I am pretty sure we will find out they are fairly similar. He is lucky being a back rower he isn't as dependent on that true top end speed. That was all yow yeh couldn't get back.

it is a real shame for the guy. I felt he had secured himself a spot on the bench whilst our injured guys are out when he was very impressive in a losing side v the titans.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see Patty coming back from that. Ciraldo came back from something similar but lost a lot of confidence and wasn't the same player. Very sad for anyone and wish you the best Patty.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed the tackle and they never showed a replay of it, so how did it come about. All I saw was Patty laying on the ground in agony. At first, I thought he was yelling, my neck, my neck, then realised he said leg.
The one positive thing the Ch 9 commentary team did all game was not to replay the tackle. It was bad. Rest up, Pat

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see Patty coming back from that. Ciraldo came back from something similar but lost a lot of confidence and wasn't the same player. Very sad for anyone and wish you the best Patty.
It is definitely a long road back for the poor guy. Thankfully I think he showed enough this year that even if he never breaks our lineup again when he comes off contract at the end of next season someone will give him a chance. He was good this year when he got chances.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When Williams broke his neck when tackled by Slater he realised and sat there under him holding his head steady and preventing further damage until the medical staff came out.

as for the O'Hanlon injury. Looked similar too but not quite as bad as JYY's. Compound fracture in the lower leg and dislocated ankle i think? (Haven't read any news on it but that's what it looked like).

hopefully being a back rower and not as dependent on his speed he will be able to get back to strength and on the field. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Gee that's big of him

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee that's big of him
Sorry I must have forgot slater deliberately broke his neck...

this is is literally the exact same thing as Cronk did but you have decided you like Cronk but not slater so you don't count it. I forgot about that sorry...

the majority of the NRL players are good blokes. There are some real germs I am sure but slater isn't one of them. And neither is Ennis.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently he has a compound dislocation of the ankle. Sounds pretty nasty and according to Trent on 2ue he stayed in Melbourne last night for emergency surgery. I was nearly sick when I saw his ankle at an acute right angle to his leg. Hope he comes back from this.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Apparently he has a compound dislocation of the ankle. Sounds pretty nasty and according to Trent on 2ue he stayed in Melbourne last night for emergency surgery. I was nearly sick when I saw his ankle at an acute right angle to his leg. Hope he comes back from this.
Poor guy looked very bad hope he is ok now and recovers completely. Wouldnt wish it on anyone poor bloke

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Was playing well at the start of the year when he passed the ball close to the line, similar to what Graham does.

Sickening news for a guy who was given his chance to shine. Heard him swear and yell when he was on the ground in agony. Poor guy

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My first thought when I heard him scream about his legs was he had no feeling in them
So I guess a Broken ankle ain't so bad

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My first thought when I heard him scream about his legs was he had no feeling in them
So I guess a Broken ankle ain't so bad
I was told the injury was bad and may be career ending, lets hope not and wish him all the best in his recovery.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the injury was bad and may be career ending, lets hope not and wish him all the best in his recovery.
As bad as the break looked to the bones, unfortunately it's the soft tissue, ligament and tendon damage associated with it. Syndesmosis injury is definite but all the other stabilising ligaments in his ankle and foot such as deltoid ligament, ATFL & CFL along with the ALT. Both tibia and Fibula will need to be plated and screwed and the arthritis that will set in will be crippling. I really wish him all the best and a speedy recovery. I would love nothing more than to see him come back but I think we have seen the last of him in the NRL. Let's hope the NRL will get behind him just like they did with Alex Mckinnon (I know they are different circumstances and different levels of seriousness) I just hope he doesn't get forgotten about

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you think compound fracture you think Jharal Yow Yeh. That's not good for O'Hanlon

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And he had only just come on after replacing Bupa because Bupa had made that try saving tackle on Mahe.

Status
Not open for further replies.