Parts list for a cheap thumping car audio system

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Blue_boost

Do you have any recommendations for a cool set up to suit a 2002 camry?

Take into consideration that i been listening to daft punks album homework a lot.
Been particularly ripping the shit out of revolution 909.
Of course I do.. I actually did a 99 Camry not long ago and it thumped .

It has from memory 6.5 inch in front doors and 6x9s in parcel shelf. Confirm for me if you can. (Just pop you head in boot look up and if oval speaker then it's on)

A good 6x9 will rattle your bones in that car.

Get either a single din head unit and storage tray or a double din. 50x4 power in most brands will be nice.

There is a wiring harness required for plug n play, eBay is your friend here.

Can get away with no sub if you want to keep your boot space or keep car light. But don't go over the top, a basic setup will kick hard in that car. One 10 inch woofer or one 12 is more than enough. Even the 6x9s by themselves will go ok

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks brother, I will.
If it's a signal sensing amp just makes the install easier . The line from the rear speakers is enough to flick on the amp and give the sound signal, older Amps need a ignition power source separate.

In addition to your sub and amp I would change the factory speakers ..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course I do.. I actually did a 99 Camry not long ago and it thumped .

It has from memory 6.5 inch in front doors and 6x9s in parcel shelf. Confirm for me if you can. (Just pop you head in boot look up and if oval speaker then it's on)

A good 6x9 will rattle your bones in that car.

Get either a single din head unit and storage tray or a double din. 50x4 power in most brands will be nice.

There is a wiring harness required for plug n play, eBay is your friend here.

Can get away with no sub if you want to keep your boot space or keep car light. But don't go over the top, a basic setup will kick hard in that car. One 10 inch woofer or one 12 is more than enough. Even the 6x9s by themselves will go ok
Thanks for info. On next break at work ill pop the boot n check the speakers what size they are?

As for boot space don't need it!
I don't plan on hacking people up in pieces and dumping their body parts all over the state!

I might be Croatian background but unlike Ivan Milat my mothers side isn't bottom of the barrel anglo shit!

Im heavily against Slavs and Anglos interbreeding anyway.

I got a shit half brother whose half Irish half Slovenian!
Not a nice thing to do!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for boot space don't need it!
I don't plan on hacking people up in pieces and dumping their body parts all over the state!

Not a nice thing to do!
All good let me know. For a sub box I use a spring clip to hold it so if you need to transport a body, just unclip throw the sub box in back seat temporarily until you dispose of the body. Quick vacuum and carpet cleaner and clip up the subs again.

I usually keep a large plastic sheet in the trunk to make the transition easier. Wrap, lift, bury and plug up the subs again

Last edited: