News Parramatta Eels sign Josh Hodgson for 2023

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Win for us but baffling they let Reed go..dumbasses
I think they banked on loyalty in keeping the their squad together. Hodgson is a decent signing, on the decline though. Probably the best available hooker on the market.

BULLDOGS 3005

Waterboy
Reaction score
they let go Reed and signed hodgson for not much difference of money I bet.

it explains why parramatta has not won a comp since 1986. 35 years with nothing.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they banked on loyalty in keeping the their squad together. Hodgson is a decent signing, on the decline though. Probably the best available hooker on the market.
He'll be a broken 34 year old hooker by the time he gets to them. There is no "best available" when you're signing up a 34 year old who's best years were 4-5 seasons ago.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was really good for maybe his first 2 seasons as the raiders but seems to have faded.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I get no joy if we lose Cotric as I think he would be back to his best with a good team finally around him. That said, we paid over's and had to to get the ball rolling. Would loved to have kept him to reap the rewards however if it's to secure that #9 that's been missing since Ennis left then it's the price we must pay and is far more important. I think for 2022 it takes us from outside the top 8 to competing for top 8 myself.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding, Fatrell has ballooned over the off season imagine how much he will pile on the pounds when 2023 comes around.
Not kidding, get him before his suspension is finished and he comes back with a vengeance

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was really good for maybe his first 2 seasons as the raiders but seems to have faded.
Until this year he was considered good. He was out all last year injured tho.

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Think the whole cotric to raiders is a merry go round with hodsgon and Simmonson to eels and reed to the dogs effectively immediately if that’s the case well done gus

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding, Fatrell has ballooned over the off season imagine how much he will pile on the pounds when 2023 comes around.
I've been critical of Latrell in the past but i reckon he is someone who thrives on proving people wrong.

He won me over after his performance in Origin last year. I won't be surprised if he's a contender for Dally M next year.

Reaction score
Win for us but baffling they let Reed go..dumbasses
yep win for us and stoked about reed, but the dumbassery unfortunately is not parramatta's alone.
we've had to watch cook grow into an origin player, had to watch ennis win a premiership with another club, had to watch lichaa be lichaa and do i even have to say sione katoa

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ambitious indeed, fair bit needs to gel top 8 is a decent target to aim for with Mahoney in the 9 jersey.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know top 4 is being a bit optimistic, I'm just trying to add a bit of positivity. People are being really negative and I think we have a lot to look forward to next season.
That's reasonable. At the same time, a lot of people pushed themselves to be positive about 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Resisting the positive approach is a protective factor against repeated disappointment.