Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know where hoppas case against the eels is at? Last I heard it was in supreme court and that the eels may be forced to pay him out up to $800,000. Which would then count towards this year's cap? If that happened they'd have to surely she'd more players!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are lodging an appeal in the Supreme Court as we speak..
I think the punishment is very very week, the mere idea of them having a chance making the 8 this year is ridiculous..This is simply not enough punishment.

Now they are going to drag this in court..

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the punishment is very very week, the mere idea of them having a chance making the 8 this year is ridiculous..This is simply not enough punishment.

Yep exactly why they should have been punished harder, they are refusing to admit guilt and are now trying to drag this out in the courts.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

this is exactly what i am saying

punishment is way too lenient compared to what other cheaters received.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Alex McKinnon still apparently counts towards Newcastles cap.

How enforced it is I don't know though.
Only the first year. But the have decided to pay him his contract.

Same deal happened with the Broncos & Jharal Yow Yeh.

I saw an interview with Yow Yeh & he was saying he was grateful that the Broncos did that, as they weren't obliged to keep paying his contract.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Melbourne looking at options against the NRL now due to such a pussy punishment handed down and so they should!

Reactions: Izy

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne looking at options against the NRL now due to such a pussy punishment handed down and so they should!
I hope Melbourne and The Dogs sue the pants out of the NRL after this joke of a "punishment"

Reactions: Izy

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I hope Melbourne and The Dogs sue the pants out of the NRL after this joke of a "punishment"
Don't know if we have anything to claim but I doubt our "politically correct" spineless mob would either way. Certainly makes the Storm ruling look very unfair.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't know who I hate more, the Eels or the NRL. I wish there was a way for both to fail lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
From the smh "Late on Tuesday, Justice Rowan Darke enacted interim orders preventing the NRL from restricting the functions of the directors and club officials of the Parramatta National Rugby League Club Ltd"

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't know who I hate more, the Eels or the NRL. I wish there was a way for both to fail lol
I will say this. If the NRL get their wish and Parra make it to the GF this year and the NRL jizz all over them like they did when Souffs played us I would go close to walking for good from RL, doggies or not.

Parra have 2 bye rounds left and are 8 points from the 8 with a better FOR ratio than most teams so finals isn't that hard to make if they get under the Cap. Touch wood can't see it but...........................

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why would Parra challenge the nrl in court? Would that open them up for criminal charges IE fraud?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
few years ago warriors were couple of hundred thosusand over the salary cap and they were deducted 4 competition points.

Parra is over 3 million over 3 years and they have been deducted only 12!!

WTF!!!???

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Parra court action will fail.

The NRL has stressed the punishments announced on Tuesday are preliminary, pending the Eels’ response to the breach notices.

So the 5 people deregistered, will have had a warning what was about to happen.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant say I feel sorry for the fans, they starting acting like souths fans did when they finally became competitive.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Lol they go over the cap and still win wooden spoons? Honestly didn't think it was possible to do so haha.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the punishment is very very week, the mere idea of them having a chance making the 8 this year is ridiculous. This is simply not enough punishment.
Todd will not be very happy about that! Does anyone know what tat means in the current situation? Parramatta must have a court room permanently booked what with the Hoppa case and.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.