Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So is good for the eels as a team or just for the 5 named?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS that article claims Parra rorted 5 of the last 6 years.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I will say this. If the NRL get their wish and Parra make it to the GF this year and the NRL jizz all over them like they did when Souffs played us I would go close to walking for good from RL, doggies or not.

Parra have 2 bye rounds left and are 8 points from the 8 with a better FOR ratio than most teams so finals isn't that hard to make if they get under the Cap. Touch wood can't see it but...........................
This...this is EXACTLY why the punishment was way too lenient. All those bleating, baying, bleeding hearts have got their wish to not have them completely excluded from the finals series. Melbourne are not at all happy about it and frankly I do not blame them one little bit.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Where is our buddy @Drop Bear
I don't want to rub this in
I actually feel for him as a fan
More interested in his thoughts

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
PS that article claims Parra rorted 5 of the last 6 years.

how the fuck can you rort salaray cap in last 5 out of 6 years and yet dont make the 8 and win wooden spoons as well.

this is a new level of patheticness.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate, he has better things to worry about, the Eels are the least of his problems.

He said his piece earlier today.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What exactly does that mean and why has it not been reported on any of the news programs?
I believe it only relates to those 5 guys been forced to stand down by the nrl, they won the injunction meaning they don't have to stand down immediately.

N

Natboy

Who would you guys want for our team?
I'd love Foran with his head straight & Bevan French is a gun.
Maybe Radradradradra to replace ferret.
Our wingers might actually get the ball with Foran

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who would you guys want for our team?
I'd love Foran with his head straight & Bevan French is a gun.
Maybe Radradradradra to replace ferret.
Our wingers might actually get the ball with Foran
I'll go with the most obvious, Foran and Semi

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The five dead sh@ts that were the masterminds of this fiasco have been handed a life line ( albeit a temporary one). The ruling for the moment puts aside the Nrl plan to deregister them. Their defence that they were not told before today that this would happen and quite simply that the NRL has no right to do so.

quote: Parramatta Rugby League Club Ltd is a separate company to the NRL and the pair are in a contract together, the court heard.

"One corporation cannot impose upon the directors of another corporation: unquote.

This will just prolong the agony for the club and heaven help them if these five guys manage to stay in charge any longer than necessary. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed if they believed that something like this was not coming due to the mutterings during the whole sad affair. However the law wins out as it has been accepted no warning was given prior to yesterday.

quote:"[There was] no prior notice given that they would be suspended today before today," Mr Moses said.

In the letter, the five men were told of the allegations against them and told they have five days to respond. The letter also outlined the intention to deregister them and said they were suspended in the meantime.

The letter said the only activities they can undertake as company officials in the meantime is to prepare their response and to assist the club to prepare its response.

Mr Moses told the court the NRL doesn't have the power to make such restrictions on officials of other companies. He said the NRL's definition of "suspension" was also unclear: unquote

The f#@king lunatics are running the asylum.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
By doing this, will it help shed players to start accruing points, or will it hinder them?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit of a sticky wicket then. But what I don't understand is why the player should have to accept anything less than what they were already on at the Eels. If clubs can't afford to sign any of the off casts who foots the bill? Would it be a breach of contract situation or would contracts illegally brokered become null and void and they go to court?
Parramatta still have to the remaining part of the contract which in the example 100k in their salary cap

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The five dead sh@ts that were the masterminds of this fiasco have been handed a life line ( albeit a temporary one). The ruling for the moment puts aside the Nrl plan to deregister them. Their defence that they were not told before today that this would happen and quite simply that the NRL has no right to do so.

quote: Parramatta Rugby League Club Ltd is a separate company to the NRL and the pair are in a contract together, the court heard.

"One corporation cannot impose upon the directors of another corporation: unquote.

This will just prolong the agony for the club and heaven help them if these five guys manage to stay in charge any longer than necessary. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed if they believed that something like this was not coming due to the mutterings during the whole sad affair. However the law wins out as it has been accepted no warning was given prior to yesterday.

quote:"[There was] no prior notice given that they would be suspended today before today," Mr Moses said.

In the letter, the five men were told of the allegations against them and told they have five days to respond. The letter also outlined the intention to deregister them and said they were suspended in the meantime.

The letter said the only activities they can undertake as company officials in the meantime is to prepare their response and to assist the club to prepare its response.

Mr Moses told the court the NRL doesn't have the power to make such restrictions on officials of other companies. He said the NRL's definition of "suspension" was also unclear: unquote

The f#@king lunatics are running the asylum.
For discussion purposes; I was of the view that The NRL may be able to add conditions to the Eels nrl license - that in order to continue participating in the nrl, xyz be removed as directors etc. Otherwise I don't see how else the nrl can seek to exercise the power to remove or disqualify directors of another incorporated entity.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a player suffers a career ending injury, they can be paid outside the cap.
They don't get paid as normal it a insurance claim which isn't include in the cap. Income protection which is only at 80% first year then it reduces. So if he decided not to be retired medically he gets 100% of his remaining contract.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Come on Skip. Let him be, he has other things to worry about at the moment. He is obviously shattered and I know he is very angry at what those five have done to the club. He has accepted the punishment. I feel for him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.