Parramatta 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I agree. They're gonna be a serious force to be reckoned with next year. I don't see them hitting a massive slump as they did this year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On paper they look like they'll be a massive force and their team will be even better than this years but things don't always work out that way.

Look at us in 2005. Had one of the best teams on paper you could think of going into the season and it all fell apart very easily.

But if they stay injury free they would be very hard to beat. If they keep playing like this (which surely they can't) then nobody will beat that team.

Malla

Reaction score
Don't understand why they put Poore on a contract though. Moimoi and Cayless are top class, and with Mannah on the come up. Waste of money for him imo. Other then that, they look the goods.
Geez next year is going to be a killer year for Sydney teams.
Potentially looking at a top 4 consisting of Dragons, Dogs and Parra. Maybe even Manly if they don't under achieve.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They're looking good for next year alright.

But we said the same about the Cowboys this year - we all thought they would win the Premiership with their line-up.

Honestly, I think they are just on this massive roll, that will disintegrate next year. The Eels were **** all year, have been **** for the last 5-10 years... and I don't believe they will be ready to cause an impact like the Storm have the last 4 years.

Coaches will figure out their style of play next year, shut them down - and Parramatta will be returning to that same hole they were in earlier in the year.

At least this would be my dream situation lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

But we said the same about the Cowboys this year - we all thought they would win the Premiership with their line-up.

Honestly, I think they are just on this massive roll, that will disintegrate next year. The Eels were **** all year, have been **** for the last 5-10 years... and I don't believe they will be ready to cause an impact like the Storm have the last 4 years.

Coaches will figure out their style of play next year, shut them down - and Parramatta will be returning to that same hole they were in earlier in the year.

in the last 5-10 years theyve won the minor premiership at least twice and made the gf twice and a few prelim finals. If theyve been **** then so have we tbh ;)

Malla

Reaction score
Also remember, Morts hasn't even played a full year of FG yet. See how he goes early on next year before judging because even though Parra do have a great backline, their halves aren't THAT noticable. Robson has been solid lately but that's probably the best we'll see from him.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

i agree mate. teams will figure them out.. they're style of football (well at least what they did against us) was very Warriors 02' style. and how long did that last? 1 or 2 years and thats it.

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will Grothe be there? I thought he was likely to go to England.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Grothe Might go to England, They said they would let him search for other clubs.

G

giant

if they lose the gf it will have a big effect on their 2010 season if the win they will be a top four side

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to shutdown the offloads tho.

Everyone knows the offloads are coming, but how do u stop it without putting 3 or 4 in the tackle everytime? it's too risky now-a-days to play with a compressed defence, especially with their backline

habibz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should easily be a top 4 team next year

1. Jarryd Hayne*
2. Luke Burt
3. Krisnan Inu*
4. Timinah Tahu*
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimer*
7. Jeff Robson
8. Nathan Cayless [C]*
9. Matthew Keating
10. Justin Poore*
11. Nathan Hindmarsh*
12. Ben Smith
13. Feleti Mateo*

Interchange:
14. Kevin Kingston
15. Fuifui Moimoi*
16. Shane Shackleton
17. Tim Mannah
18. Joel Reddy
19. Todd Lowrie
20. Kris Keating

• Filled with star players
  • Kevin Kingston/ Mathew Keating are 2 very good hookers.
  • Tim Mannah is a future SOO prop (add to their already impressive pack)
  • Best backline in the comp (when in form)
  • Plenty of youth
  • Have got experience with Cayless, Hindy, Burt, Tahu
tbh, only thing lacking is a dominant halfback, but if the rest are doing their job all he has to do is continue playing like he is

---------------------------------------------------
2010 is going to be a blockbuster year, with Parra, Dogs and St. Merge (the 3 most supported clubs in Sydney) all looking to have big years.

When these 3 clubs are going good, league wins.

Watch for Gallop next year to rattle off more figures about how crowds are up by 1.456%
I think there are some big holes here that may come out and be exploited. Jeff Robson is a fill in player and when coaches go back and look at his play they will nullify him and Mortimer. Mortimer reminds me of Pearce who had a stellar season 2 years ago and fell away badly this year with all that expectation he went missing. Next year under pressure and expectation will be his big acid test.

Going on Moi Moi,s Form 3 Years ago he was awesome 3 years ago terrible last year awesome this year will next year terrible. He is very inconsistant year to year. Jarryd hayne to me is an awesome player but all MEDIA hype. They have all the players beliving he is unstoppable or untochable. Theres a simple science to nullify all the good things he has been doing dont stand off him and let him run across field and run at the weakest or tiredest defender move up in one line and smash him. Everythime he ran across field the players only through out the occassional arm to tackle him its like he he couldnt be touched on the kickchase we tackled him everytime why. Because it was a defensive line moving as one Simple. Cayless is getting slower and has little impact and kingston wont be there.

Poore is one of the worst props in league he reminds me of Mason. Runs at the smaller and weaker defenders when there tires so it looks good goes missing when the tough stuff is on. Mateo will end up like Ali Lauttiti one year best player next year wont get run in the jim beam cup. Parra have had this team for a while and there simply running on momentum. This grand final is huge for then and there long term confidence if they lose they will be Woodducks next year and fall back to how they started this year but if they win they will make the Eight. I love league and believe moore learnt alot this year if Barba reaches his potential we have the gun team in the nrl not the gun players but THE GUN TEAM

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On paper they look like they'll be a massive force and their team will be even better than this years but things don't always work out that way.

Look at us in 2005. Had one of the best teams on paper you could think of going into the season and it all fell apart very easily.

But if they stay injury free they would be very hard to beat. If they keep playing like this (which surely they can't) then nobody will beat that team.
Well imagine Parra playing like they are now, us playing like we did in 2002, the Dragons playing like the they did in 1999 and you'd have a pretty interesting competition

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Next year there is a good chance I will name Jarryd Hayne as the new King of league, taking over from the legend himself, SBW.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
in the last 5-10 years theyve won the minor premiership at least twice and made the gf twice and a few prelim finals. If theyve been **** then so have we tbh ;)
Maybe not that **** lol

But I still think there's a huge chance they will be nothing short of "Lower half of the 8" material. I could be wrong of course, we always are when we make predictions this early :o

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope you're right Habibz. But the great thing about Parra atm is they are working as a team, and putting in for each other.

And credit to Robsin, i didn't really rate him, but for a 'fill-in' player he's doing alright.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never rated Robson and gave it to him at the beginning of the year but he's been very solid and is a very, very good defender. Still, next year I can see Mortimer moving to halfback and Kris Keating to 5/8th. That'd give them even more strikepower. This team on paper is just crazy:

1: Hayne
2: Inu/Burt
3: Tahu
4: Reddy
5: Grothe
6: K. Keating
7: Mortimer
8: Cayless
9: M. Keating
10: Poore
11: Hindmarsh
12: Lowrie (if they re-sign him)
13: Mateo

14: Moi Moi
15: Kingston (if they re-sign him)
16: Shackleton
17: Mannah

But again, things don't always work out like they should, anything can happen between now and then and games aren't won on paper. They CANNOT play this well forever.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
But if you put in Keating you take away a good defender and just get more upredictable play. Who knows what keating will do.

Robson is like 26 i think, He steadies the team when needed. If you have a look everyone else around him is poppong offloads left/right/centre. If you add K Keating to that it might blow up in their faces.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Why put Moimoi to the bench? He's not the premier prop in the game.

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any team that has to put either Moi Moi, Poore or Cayless on the bench is strong imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.