Rumour Papenhuyzen

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All due respect terrible idea
Bloke had a great season during covid 6 again era and 21 and some great games in between but at best is an 80kg lightweight. I'm not surprised bloke is always injured as he looks like he'll get snapped every tackle. Hard pass for me

I'll talk to him and make it happen
Nah dont

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% a yes from me, We have heaps of cap to spend, when fit he's a top 10 player and a genuine fullback, a much better option than nsw cup players like Taaffe or trying to manufacture one with Crichton, give him a 2 year deal to see if he can stay fit and having a guy like him would work wonder for the development of Papali'i.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
very good player, but unfortunately bad injuries have now made him a day to day proposition, to big a risk and its to big a chunk of the salary cap on a risk

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't Teddy injured a lot early on in his career? Paps is just not about speed, he's a good ball player, has vision and has good positional play, he learnt from the best.

I'd take him on a 2 year contract with an option for a third if he plays X amount of games.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
800k was unders for his output pre injury. He was a top 3 fullback in the game. We desperately need middles (have loads of cap space, no marquees left anyways) but if you could get Papenhuyzen at a good price and the medicals aren't terrible it'd probably be worth the risk.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All due respect terrible idea
Bloke had a great season during covid 6 again era and 21 and some great games in between but at best is an 80kg lightweight. I'm not surprised bloke is always injured as he looks like he'll get snapped every tackle. Hard pass for me

Nah dont
Already hit send

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point in the year you can only buy what other teams are willing to sell. Injury prone or not Paps will probably be the best player available between now and round 1, it's a gamble but its not everyday Dally M winners become available. Take the chance.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't Teddy injured a lot early on in his career? Paps is just not about speed, he's a good ball player, has vision and has good positional play, he learnt from the best.

I'd take him on a 2 year contract with an option for a third if he plays X amount of games.
I think this is sensible.
In fact I'd rather pay higher for a 2 year deal than sign him for 3.

At 2 years, you can bite the bullet on a poor recruitment option and they'll be gone before you know it. At three years, you're left with a player you can't wait to get rid of (Flanagan, TPJ, Thompson etc)

Paps is a very smart player and clubman. We don't have smart players so it's almost imperative we sign them when they are available.

Yes, we need forwards but there's none on the market. So you go for the smarts that we available but you only do it for 2 years with anything else in the clubs favour.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm have got a few decisions to make.

Jonah Pezet will be another issue. He's 21 at the start of next season. Hughes off contract 2026 and Munster 2027. At earliest if he plays understudy, he'll be 24 when he gets a crack in the halves. He'd be absolutely bonkers to do that.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d take him.
especially with the storm covering a fair chunk of his salary till the end of ‘25.
his injuries, while on the same leg, were unrelated. The reality is, so long as his knee can recover, the other injuries are fairly common and no real problem.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolute gun! Great positional fullback, always backs up, good ball skills and quick as fuck. Two freak accidents but he will bounce back.
He’ll look great in the colours he grew up supporting

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a medical to verify no long issue with knee cap & ankle & sign him up. Both injuries were freak injuries. Remember teddy had 2 long term injury issues at start of career and people said same but he has had a stellar career so I am excited if wee go after him