Rumour Papenhuyzen

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No thanks he looks broken
I kind of agree with this I'm fearful for the guy going forward I don't think his bad luck is over :( hope I'm wrong because I love the bloke but ..

Luai has no such injury problems, I also think we will be ok for a full back next year and reportedly a gun in waiting Papa might be ready for 25?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt they let him go any time soon. They can upgrade Faalogo and play him more in FG next year at various stages whether it's at fullback, wing, off the bench etc without moving on Papenhuysen for a while.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt they let him go any time soon. They can upgrade Faalogo and play him more in FG next year at various stages whether it's at fullback, wing, off the bench etc without moving on Papenhuysen for a while.
be interesting to see what they'll do with meaney as well with both wing spots taken by coates and warbrick

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute gun! Great positional fullback, always backs up, good ball skills and quick as fuck. Two freak accidents but he will bounce back.
He’ll look great in the colours he grew up supporting
I hope you are right, I really do. I just hope it hasn’t stuffed his confidence up and his positive mindset. It would be a massive setback to have two major injuries - back to back. He needs some luck.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
be interesting to see what they'll do with meaney as well with both wing spots taken by coates and warbrick
I think they'll keep Meaney short term as he's been good for them and can play multiple positions. Long term he might have to look elsewhere though as they might not be able to afford him.

If Melbourne are any chance of threatening Penrith again, they need Papenhuysen to be healthy. Having two gamebreakers like him and Faalogo in the 17 will be essential to their title chances.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope you are right, I really do. I just hope it hasn’t stuffed his confidence up and his positive mindset. It would be a massive setback to have two major injuries - back to back. He needs some luck.
He’ll get his confidence back but might take half a season or so.. I guess we’re moving Blake Taafe to halfback to accommodate Pap at fullback.. I’ll take that

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
FFS yet another thread about another hopes n dreams signing that WON’T happen to go with the Tino thread, the Haas thread, the stupid Twal thread & the bottom of the barrel Sayfarth thread!

Why are we 3 pages deep on this subject?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If true and I was Papi, I'd want to play in a backline like this.
1. Papenhuyzen
2. Isaako
3. Averillo
4. Hammer
5. Farnworth (get mad value out of him as a winger imo)

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s true bro but they may want the money to utilise for another position. It’s a bit like us when we had thommo money tied up with him on the sidelines majority of his tenure here. Meaney they could keep around because he would be economical.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could recruit the best rugby league player on the planet and you’d still find the misery in it
Im not wrong tho. Our recruitment has been poor. We need some proper ballers at this club who are not busted

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s true bro but they may want the money to utilise for another position. It’s a bit like us when we had thommo money tied up with him on the sidelines majority of his tenure here. Meaney they could keep around because he would be economical.
If they could sign someone with that money then it would make sense but the market is bone dry and Melbourne rarely make big money signings from other clubs..

I think this is more paper talk than anything because Bellamy would know the best chance they have to win the comp is with a healthy Papenhuysen and Faalogo and Meaney contributing too.

I could see Papenhuysen leaving once his contract is up but I think they wait and see if he can stay healthy and get back to his best first before making any big decisions about his future.