Fox Sports Papali’i and stefano utoikamanu

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Read an article that papali’i is rumoured back to eels and Stefano has a bunch of clauses to get out. He’s not haas or Tino but he would be our best prop by a mile….

Should be going hard if true.
Must explain Tigers going hard for Manly’s Olakuatu

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I posted about this in another thread. Both would be perfect signings. Put Utoikamanu at prop and Papali'i at lock and our pack starts looking good for next year. We definitely have the cap space. Whether they actually are on the move or not is the main thing.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Must explain Tigers going hard for Manly’s Olakuatu
I think Olokauatu will end up with Tigers.
His manager Mario Tartak is moving alot of his stock there. I don't know what his relationship with Scott Fulton is like, but all the signings seemed to be timed around his departure to Tigers from Manly.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think Olokauatu will end up with Tigers.
His manager Mario Tartak is moving alot of his stock there. I don't know what his relationship with Scott Fulton is like, but all the signings seemed to be timed around his departure to Tigers from Manly.
I think Manly just can't afford him. He would get 600k plus anywhere and tigers will pay 800k plus. Unless Manly offload Schuster just can't see them keeping him. If I was Penn I would just pay out Schuster his 2-3 mil and be done with him. Like what the warriors did with lodge. That was one season not 3 but still worth a try.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can’t see why Stefano would leave one struggle club to go to another struggle club unless we offered him a Haas deal.

Same with Papali’i, he has bulk Parra stink all over him.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would be solid additions. Head to head papalii and api have had better seasons then kiks and mahoney.

Add in Fotuaika and we start having a solid pack. Slot in a few young fire brand props or develop Hughes tanner and patolo to just come on and rip in for 20-25 mins and we are looking a better team already. Getting a gun fullback and a quality halfback and guess what it’s almost a top 4 team. Will just need mahoney, Burton and kikau to lift their game to a higher level.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would be solid additions. Head to head papalii and api have had better seasons then kiks and mahoney.

Add in Fotuaika and we start having a solid pack. Slot in a few young fire brand props or develop Hughes tanner and patolo to just come on and rip in for 20-25 mins and we are looking a better team already. Getting a gun fullback and a quality halfback and guess what it’s almost a top 4 team. Will just need mahoney, Burton and kikau to lift their game to a higher level.
This **** comparing the seasons of papalii to Kikau

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tigers would be in complete shambles if that happened. Tigers cap isn’t under pressure with the 900k dud Brooks gone.
They signed sezer and took on old mate bud Sullivan inflated contact from dragons (reported at 500k there) no doubt an upgrade to go with the 4 years…. Don’t be so sure!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
They signed sezer and took on old mate bud Sullivan inflated contact from dragons (reported at 500k there) no doubt an upgrade to go with the 4 years…. Don’t be so sure!
550+450 is my guess so that cost them 100 difference. Given they take two spots and minimum wage is 120 they have actually saved 20k if they punt a lower player or maybe up to 80k if Wakeman is who is punted

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers and Dogs are an interesting case in the next couple of years....

We were both rubbish last couple of seasons but we have been pegged to bottom of ladder for afew years before them so our bounce back should start earlier.

I'm not convinced though. I reckon Benji might have the ability and gameplan to improve the Tigers quicker than CC can improve us....

Next 2 seasons will be interesting to see who can outdo the other....

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Read an article that papali’i is rumoured back to eels and Stefano has a bunch of clauses to get out. He’s not haas or Tino but he would be our best prop by a mile….

Should be going hard if true.
I like JWH, but I was pumped up that Stefano laughed off the intimidation theatrics. If he's developed well, Stefano is elite