Social Media Pangai to be sacked

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards him going back to Newcastle now tbh. Souths Newcastle junior will slot straight in for Guerra

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This article about TPJ says a fair bit about his character, seems like he needs to mature a shit load:

Also that not all young Pasifika players want to play SOO. Pangai played well and dominated at times for Tonga against Australia and England. He is a star player. I reckon this character stuff about Pangai is getting a bit overblown. I think the culture of a club and the coach should play a role in the development of their character.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards him going back to Newcastle now tbh. Souths Newcastle junior will slot straight in for Guerra
I think he will end up at the Knights too. Be a good pick up for their squad to squeeze Frizell and Pangai in one year

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
With Tolman's coin we still can't do much more then buy a top hooker and a promising young half to go alongside Foran. If we don't re-sign Foran (don't recommend) there's ~400k there.
Foran hasn't re-signed yet so all of his $1.2m "according to the kennel" is available and Cogger also hasn't re-signed.

I mean you are totally correct we need a 9 & 7 desperately. But I also think we need a big prop that can bend the line.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I found this incident linked to him.

Not sure about the results of the investigations.

CHRIS CLARKE, The Courier-Mail
January 18, 2018 9:35pm

A BRISBANE Broncos player being investigated by police over whether he assaulted a woman is expected to be able to play in Round 1.

The Courier-Mail can reveal it is 21-year-old prop Tevita Pangai Jr, who is under investigation by police for an alleged assault, after an incident involving his girlfriend Kiki Heineback on Sunday night.

It has been claimed he “slapped and manhandled” Ms Heineback.

An NRL spokesman yesterday confirmed that the NRL Integrity Unit was aware of the matter and would monitor it in conjunction with the Broncos.

It is unlikely Pangai Jr will be stood down while the matter is investigated by police.

Police are yet to lay charges over the matter.

“Police are aware of assault allegations. The matter is being investigated,” a police spokesman said.

Ms Heineback – a 23-year-old who lives in Brisbane – yesterday declined to comment on the incident. She is listed as a personal trainer and gym instructor in Bardon.

The NRL has taken a strong stance on domestic violence issues previously, but unless there are criminal charges, it is unlikely the governing body will become involved in the dispute.

The Broncos open the NRL season against the St George Illawarra Dragons on March 8

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/e5b58d75e247c2a7da6cd6721c4326d6
@Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So did he get charged for this ? Was 3 years ago and I don’t recall anything about it actually coming out?

Agendas for some that earlier said they where talking about fonau Blake and now act like this is what they meant just shows how full of shit they are.

Anyway to non agenda driven clowns, I don’t recall seeing him sacked/heavily punished for this? Was he actually found guilty?

Perhaps little actual reality to the accusations and nothing come of them and just like the agendas some had thankfully now they are just widely accepted as a poor joke an full of shit.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So did he get charged for this ? Was 3 years ago and I don’t recall anything about it actually coming out?

Agendas for some that earlier said they where talking about fonau Blake and now act like this is what they meant just shows how full of shit they are.

Anyway to non agenda driven clowns, I don’t recall seeing him sacked/heavily punished for this? Was he actually found guilty?

Perhaps little actual reality to the accusations and nothing come of them and just like the agendas some had thankfully now they are just widely accepted as a poor joke an full of shit.
What agenda you moron?
Also, why didn’t you respond to my post discussing this earlier where you were tagged? If you want to mouth off at least have the balls to not pick and choose what you reply to and what you don’t where it suits you

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why did the Broncos sack him/“stand him down” then??? Shopping himself around or also other things we aren’t privy to? What don’t we know about? Things aren’t always as they seem & the last thing the club needs is more drama
@Bulldogs09

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pangai destroyed the Dogs last game, obviously enormous ability BUT like so many of the Brisbane players he doesnt seem to want to do the hard defensive work. Added to this his suspensions and record off the field - the things we know as fact ie calling the roosters, breaking protocol - let alone the rumour stuff - not sure he is worth big money.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why did the Broncos sack him/“stand him down” then??? Shopping himself around or also other things we aren’t privy to? What don’t we know about? Things aren’t always as they seem & the last thing the club needs is more drama
Maybe this was a way to free up cap space for a big play at Cam Smith or another big money spine signing. Pangai is a highly talented offensive player but defence can be questionable. In a solid pack with senior leaders I reckon he would go well. In a young Broncos team he has struggled at times. If his character was so questionable why was he in a Broncos leadership group?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe this was a way to free up cap space for a big play at Cam Smith or another big money spine signing. Pangai is a highly talented offensive player but defence can be questionable. In a solid pack with senior leaders I reckon he would go well. In a young Broncos team he has struggled at times. If his character was so questionable why was he in a Broncos leadership group?
Maybe it was mate but you need decent grounds to terminate a contract also

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It was 2018 so only 2 years ago.

So what about Dylan Walker?

Plenty of witnesses but his girlfriend refused to testify so the police dropped the case.

Unfortunately where there is smoke there is fire. You can bury your head in the ground and not see the fire, doesn't mean it isn't there.

What happens in the real world and what can be proved in a court of law are 2 different things.

Add to the fact that the Roosters said he doesn't fit into their culture, and this is a club that had Mitchell Pearce.

My concern is why would the Broncos want to part with a really talented player for a rather small matter. Surely there is more to this that they have covered up.

Will we be buying the Broncos problems????

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Spot on nate dawg. Don’t bother as the agenda will find a new spin.

Steeliz I highly doubt walker was innocent with the fact their was some witness next door or whatever.

This could be similar. Could be another women who went for a pay day... certainly don’t remember the uproar like walkers had.

Again to the point he’s not in trouble for something like this. He’s in trouble for breaching covid rules.

Just like nate said. I think ponies are hitting reset and trying to get a c Smith there to do it.

Would you give up anyone in the squad for him? I would. I dare say broncos would too.

As others have said we have no mongrel, no size, no offloading machine like pangai. He’s had some shocking moment and dumb dumb football. He’s also been an absolute beast.

He’s 24 Jwh, sburgess a bunch of others who player very physical like him have had long stints suspended. I’d welcome any of them over any of our pack. I don’t enjoy watching us get dominated week in week out for years.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spot on nate dawg. Don’t bother as the agenda will find a new spin.

Steeliz I highly doubt walker was innocent with the fact their was some witness next door or whatever.

This could be similar. Could be another women who went for a pay day... certainly don’t remember the uproar like walkers had.

Again to the point he’s not in trouble for something like this. He’s in trouble for breaching covid rules.

Just like nate said. I think ponies are hitting reset and trying to get a c Smith there to do it.

Would you give up anyone in the squad for him? I would. I dare say broncos would too.

As others have said we have no mongrel, no size, no offloading machine like pangai. He’s had some shocking moment and dumb dumb football. He’s also been an absolute beast.

He’s 24 Jwh, sburgess a bunch of others who player very physical like him have had long stints suspended. I’d welcome any of them over any of our pack. I don’t enjoy watching us get dominated week in week out for years.
The fact she didn't testify and it didn't go to court shows that she wasn't going for a payday.

I hope you are right because a player like Pangai is exactly what we need but he has developed a reputation over the last couple of years.

The other thing I found interesting is that the assault happened in Newcastle. A place where the Broncos and the Brisbane media couldn't cover it up like they have for so many others. Then they return to Qld, she refuses to testify and the police put it in the too hard basket and let it go.

If he played for us there are no cover ups and the smallest thing will end up on the front page of the Telegraph.

And anytime we have ended up in the papers the NRL has slaughtered us.