Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It was 2018 so only 2 years ago.

So what about Dylan Walker?

Plenty of witnesses but his girlfriend refused to testify so the police dropped the case.

Unfortunately where there is smoke there is fire. You can bury your head in the ground and not see the fire, doesn't mean it isn't there.

What happens in the real world and what can be proved in a court of law are 2 different things.

Add to the fact that the Roosters said he doesn't fit into their culture, and this is a club that had Mitchell Pearce.

My concern is why would the Broncos want to part with a really talented player for a rather small matter. Surely there is more to this that they have covered up.

Will we be buying the Broncos problems????
Great common sense post

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos are f@$(ing hypocrites.

They terminate a bloke that breaks protocol and then try to rehash events with no evidence or charges made against the accused.... And they convince themselves it's ok to sign an outright criminal in lodge who bashed an innocent man in front of his family and then tried to attack the wife and child before police arrested him at gun point.

F@$"ing please....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
i think tpj will be feeling a bit low and have some panic, so just simply matching his current deal will feel like a payrise to him and he will be apprecisative

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Look a the shit he has created off field for the Broncos. They don't tear up the contract of a top performing player for no reason.
He will bring all his problems with him, and we'll be back in the headlines as soon as he gets into trouble - and the chances are high.
We'll then have a player we can't use or transfer, and his cap will be tied up so we can't buy in a replacement.

He is a leopard that won't change its spots. We'll just get another CHN/SBW/Barba again.
SO WHAT!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This club has not demonstrated that it has the ability to turn around players with off field issues. They only bring fines, long suspensions, or cancelled contracts. We don't see them on the field, and have to run around fixing the mess and the stigma they bring to the club.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think an option we may have is a player swap for Napa... Napa was born in Brisbane, assuming he may have family there so may be an option. They get more leadership in their pack and we got some spark that we lack in ours.
What are you saying..........that Napa has no spark.....shame on you......ha ha ha.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also that not all young Pasifika players want to play SOO. Pangai played well and dominated at times for Tonga against Australia and England. He is a star player. I reckon this character stuff about Pangai is getting a bit overblown. I think the culture of a club and the coach should play a role in the development of their character.
Yeah but he only played for Tonga after he didn't get picked for NSW. If you remember he actually pledged his allegiance to NSW. He didn't get picked or he was playing shite and wasnt getting picked anyway THEN he all of a sudden wanted to play for Tonga.

By the look of things he got in the huffs because he didn't get picked, so much so that he wanted to help QLD.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When will we wake up and smell the roses ?
If you think all our players from the golden era the eighties were angels think again !!!
The question remains...Are we good enough as a club to turn troubled players into roll models ???
Successful clubs do, we used to !!!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but he only played for Tonga after he didn't get picked for NSW. If you remember he actually pledged his allegiance to NSW. He didn't get picked or he was playing shite and wasnt getting picked anyway THEN he all of a sudden wanted to play for Tonga.

By the look of things he got in the huffs because he didn't get picked, so much so that he wanted to help QLD.
I agree bro but 30k a game will make plenty of people pledge their allegiance. I'm more talking about the connection to SOO for young Pasifika players and how if you took the money away I don't think they are as invested in the concept.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree bro but 30k a game will make plenty of people pledge their allegiance. I'm more talking about the connection to SOO for young Pasifika players and how if you took the money away I don't think they are as invested in the concept.
Yeah bro no doubt. Think it might be more now too.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When will we wake up and smell the roses ?
If you think all our players from the golden era the eighties were angels think again !!!
The question remains...Are we good enough as a club to turn troubled players into roll models ???
Successful clubs do, we used to !!!
I agree the players even into the 90's and 2000's weren't angels, but we were about talented footballers who could win games, I think a blind eye was turned to alot of things at all clubs.

Times have changed and social media has put a spotlight on these guys but I also think we focus far too much on things other than football ability as a club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree the players even into the 90's and 2000's weren't angels, but we were about talented footballers who could win games, I think a blind eye was turned to alot of things at all clubs.

Times have changed and social media has put a spotlight on these guys but I also think we focus far too much on things other than football ability as a club.
Reality is smart footballers doesn't mean smart people !
We definitely do not want criminals in our team but do you notice that if certain players misbehave they are called Larrikins, and others that aren't liked by the media they are tainted as terrible people, sometimes it depends on which team they play for.