P.V.L

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope it's true. I would say it's great news but they'll just replace him with another clueless fuck who is completely out of touch with the game and that will continue to run the sport into the ground.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow, such funny comments. The guy who saved NRL from going under, had us back on the field before anyone else. Yep this guy is so stupid and has no idea!!! Every other sport copied he’s covid blueprint in getting there sport up and running

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, such funny comments. The guy who saved NRL from going under, had us back on the field before anyone else. Yep this guy is so stupid and has no idea!!! Every other sport copied he’s covid blueprint in getting there sport up and running
Yeah and he stuffed the game in the process with the 6 again rule and contact rules. Otherwise he did a good job.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I fucking hate that narrative. How the hell did he save the game from going under? The game had been alive for 100 years without him. Channel 9 and Foxtel need Rugby League more than Rugby League needs them. Do you think if someone else was in charge that the competition would have gone under? Don't fall for the pro V'landys propaganda in the media.

Also don't ignore that he's turned hundreds of thousands of fans away from the game with his touch footy six again crap and the head high crackdown plus all of the other bullshit rule changes. If anything he's the guy who's almost killed the sport.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it's true. I would say it's great news but they'll just replace him with another clueless fuck who is completely out of touch with the game and that will continue to run the sport into the ground.
Like Abdo

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How Did he "save" it? No competition has died because of the China virus IIRC.

If he did save it, he only saved it to kill it himself.

Every year this backyard league gets worse and worse.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always thought that Gus would have made a good NRL CEO. At least he has a clue about Rugby League unlike Moffat, Smith, Gallop, Greenberg, V'landys, Abdo etc.. They need someone with a proper Rugby League background for once.
not only has a clue about rugby league, he also has a clue about what fans want and what rules do not work. he'd make a great ceo.. just not for a little while until the dogs are back to back premiers 23/24

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure the talks about going under were to convince the players to take a paycut. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that loads of life long fans of football can't stand the rules he's ushered in and don't watch the game means he's pushed it closer to destruction than the pandemic ever could. The sooner he's gone the better. Hopefully they quash the six again rule before the door hits him in the ass.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a highly regarded sports administrator in Australia and will pick up a gig anywhere. If people want an indication whether loosing PVL to league is a good thing, the AFL will farking love it.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a highly regarded sports administrator in Australia and will pick up a gig anywhere. If people want an indication whether loosing PVL to league is a good thing, the AFL will farking love it.
I'm sure he is and he'll walk into most sport admin jobs. However, if he had stuck to running the game rather than trying to create a new game with his rule tinkering etc, then his legacy would have been much stronger and the fans would have respected him.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always thought that Gus would have made a good NRL CEO. At least he has a clue about Rugby League unlike Moffat, Smith, Gallop, Greenberg, V'landys, Abdo etc.. They need someone with a proper Rugby League background for once.
Stay away from Gus LOL

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like the new rules. The wrestling slow boring game was worse in my opinion.