Outsider looking in

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks Tigergoneloose. Nice of you guys to take Mbye off our books. He will be the best FB since Brasher....
Brasher lol blast from past

I always thought Brasher was a better centre

Garry Jack was awesome

Both would not make good Fullbacks on today game as they couldn’t ball play

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Garry Jack was awesome

He would swallow any Cooper Cronk or Nathan Cleary spiraling bomb though..

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Garry Jack was awesome

Brasher is the Teddy of the 90s, brilliant runner of the ball, quick and knew where to position himself, was awesome player to watch

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Eastwood was on 800k in his final year then i don't even want to think about what those two could be earning.
Do you have hunk as fans we deserve to know that information? The NRL is the only comp that I can think of with a salary cap that doesn’t disclose player salaries

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's all good and well to offload all these players and make room for the cap
But....

How does it look in the eyes of potential stars wanting to join Canterbury, especially when someone like Woods signs a 4yr contract only for him to be pushed out of the club not even halfway through the 1st year of the contract.

I'm behind the club 100% but I am worried a little bit in regards to the negative effects it has to prospective players
Can I just say @Moey , this is a very VERY good post.

First the fans get told (in person in a meeting AND via media) that we are cap compliant.

Next minute we are offloading players left right and centre.

I cannot understand why that is the case, unless the fanbase got flat out lied to (in which case how can they trust the word of the club moving forwards).

I can understand releasing players if there was a shitload of talent literally lining up to sign with us and just waiting cap space, but it's not the case.

It almost comes across as "doing things our way", and discarding players for the sake of discarding them.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

First the fans get told (in person in a meeting AND via media) that we are cap compliant.

I cannot understand why that is the case, unless the fanbase got flat out lied to (in which case how can they trust the word of the club moving forwards).

I can understand releasing players if there was a shitload of talent literally lining up to sign with us and just waiting cap space, but it's not the case.

It almost comes across as "doing things our way", and discarding players for the sake of discarding them.
Yeah but are we offloading players to be cap compliant? or are we offloading players to free up cap space in the future so we can get out of this mess quicker?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all good and well to offload all these players and make room for the cap
But....

How does it Look in the eyes of potential stars wanting to.join Canterbury especially when someone like Woods signs a 4yr contract only for him to be pushed out of the club not even halfway through the 1st year of the contract...

I'm behind the club 100% but I am worried a little bit in regards to the negative effects it has to prospective players
We are a few seasons away from signing stars anyway.

Hopefully we can attract some promising young talent, with the prospect of playing first grade earlier than they might elsewhere.

It will be a slow burn but if we can strike it lucky with a few of these young guys we will have a good base to start with. Then the Stars will come to fill positions where we need them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Why is it so hard to understand? We are cap compliant but it’s right on its limit so we have no room to make changes to a roster that the previous coach built.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
new signing James Roumanos anybody seen or herd of him??????

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it so hard to understand? We are cap compliant but it’s right on its limit so we have no room to make changes to a roster that the previous coach built.
The club is not going to just come out and explain the future plans in great detail regarding player movement plus payments
I have faith in Hill and current board,give them a chance

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club is not going to just come out and explain the future plans in great detail regarding player movement plus payments
I have faith in Hill and current board,give them a chance
Exactly, the administration has already been more open and honest then it has been in years. They could compromise negotiations if they come out and tell the fans every detail especially given how complex the situation is.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, the administration has already been more open and honest then it has been in years. They could compromise negotiations if they come out and tell the fans every detail especially given how complex the situation is.
The salary cap and TPP are very complicated
They are keeping cards close to there chest especially when dealing with contracts,NRL,other clubs,solicitors and very shifty player managers.
It’s all about balance and making our club great again for many many years

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No it isn't. As I said, no player we are wanting to sign in the next couple of years will have any reason to suspect they will be offloaded half a season into a 4 yr contract once the cap situation is over. He wasn't talking about the fans, not once did he mention anything about the fans, he was talking about the prospective players we might sign thinking why would they sign with us after what's happened with woods

Status
Not open for further replies.