Outsider looking in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Rebuilding? I would say we are still in the demolition phase. Lots of pain yet to come.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It like getting ammonia and scrubbing a surface to remove scum that has built up on the surface. Des's roster & all of Des's Dib's & Raelene's decisions need to be wiped from the dogs until there is no trace. These shit stain imposters pretending to be competent have done massive damage to our brand and crippled us for a couple of seasons. Bring in talented juniors with football instinct who hate losing and we will be back in business in no time.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all nice and good knocking it down that’s the easy part now comes the hard part in getting the right players and junior structures right. If we make mistakes now it could really set the club back a decade.
I used to think this, but it’s actually a smart strategy.

A) we score some young talent, that can carry. Good, we get em cheap, and we can use excess cap to either top em up or give them the infrastructure (ie more forwards etc) to become a premiership force.

B) our call on talent is shit. We end up with nothing. Okay, this is a cheap mistake, we go elephant hunting for established players.

I think b) is the likely outcome here cause cogger and Meaney are shit in my eyes. Though no harm done.. cause in 2020 we have the war chest to go hunting.

2019 base case should be outside the 8. 2020 should be more promising.

2019 upside is top 8.

Mbye is good but not 900k good. Des mismanaged the cap, and I think we would have kept him even at 700k.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For 2019:
Eastwood unsigned = 800K free
Not paying for Graham 400K free
Mbye gone 800K free
No Morris bros 600-700K each

Thats around 2.7mill off our books at present for 2019, how in the world we arent well and truly under the cap I dont understand

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For 2019:
Let Eastwood go 800K free
Mbye gone 800K free

Thats around 2.7mill off our books at present for 2019, how in the world we arent well and truly under the cap I dont understand
We only have Mbyes' money because the rest of that is already invested in other players for next year.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all good and well to offload all these players and make room for the cap
But....

How does it Look in the eyes of potential stars wanting to.join Canterbury especially when someone like Woods signs a 4yr contract only for him to be pushed out of the club not even halfway through the 1st year of the contract...

I'm behind the club 100% but I am worried a little bit in regards to the negative effects it has to prospective players
Surely they can see this is only happening because of the cap. Would we be offloading woods and mbye if we weren't in this mess? No. Once its sorted there's no reason for anyone to suspect they will be pushed out half a season into a 4 yr contract

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For 2019:
Eastwood unsigned = 800K free
Mbye gone 800K free

Must be a facade honestly.. I know we have escalating values in the contracts hut surely it cannot amount to that much

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'd just like to say, as an outsider looking into your club I think it's doing really well in the first year of rebuilding.

Getting rid of Foran, Woods, Mbye, etc. clears aprox 2 million dollars.

Don't resign Morris boys, sign some decent youth and you're back on track roster wise.
I agree but who knows what the club will do. I think they are considering resigning the twins, perhaps for 1 max 2 years IF there are no decent guys on the market or any hopeful youngsters coming through! Hey if they have the cap space for it why not.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to think this, but it’s actually a smart strategy.

A) we score some young talent, that can carry. Good, we get em cheap, and we can use excess cap to either top em up or give them the infrastructure (ie more forwards etc) to become a premiership force.

B) our call on talent is shit. We end up with nothing. Okay, this is a cheap mistake, we go elephant hunting for established players.

I think b) is the likely outcome here cause cogger and Meaney are shit in my eyes. Though no harm done.. cause in 2020 we have the war chest to go hunting.

2019 base case should be outside the 8. 2020 should be more promising.

2019 upside is top 8.

Mbye is good but not 900k good. Des mismanaged the cap, and I think we would have kept him even at 700k.
I agree we are trying to find gold with these juniors next year but the crucial calls come in 2020/21 when we have money to spend.

We can't afford another Foran or Mbye.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd just like to say, as an outsider looking into your club I think it's doing really well in the first year of rebuilding.

Don't resign Morris boys, sign some decent youth and you're back on track roster wise.
Second last; but losing by fewer points each game. Most teams go through the rebuilding phase and have their turn at the bottom; unless they have unlimited sponsorships, like some teams we won't mention. I thought Parra had turned the corner last night when they shot out of the blocks, but I saw the same trending in the game that we are doing. It won't happen overnight, so we just have to be patient, and keep cheering.

Thanks for your observation. It makes a welcome change from the usual insults that we have come to expect from outsiders.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
rebuilding? im still clinging onto the 2 premierships by 2019
How are you going to win 2 premierships in 2019.

Have a gut feeling 2018 isn't going to be the year, your team wins the GF.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was sarcastic because we were promised 2 by 2019.....

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also have a gut feeling 2018 isn't going to be the year your team wins the GF either

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But on who? Hoppa, Jackson and Klemmer? They can’t all be on a mill?
Pretty much all our "high profile" players are on back loaded contracts lol.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much all our "high profile" players are on back loaded contracts lol.
Probably why Klemmer and Jackson are happy to stay. They are good but not sure anybody else is paying forwards not named Taumalolo $1mill a season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably why Klemmer and Jackson are happy to stay. They are good but not sure anybody else is paying forwards not named Taumalolo $1mill a season
If Eastwood was on 800k in his final year then i don't even want to think about what those two could be earning.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Eastwood was on 800k in his final year then i don't even want to think about what those two could be earning.
Exactly. Eastwood went from $250k last season to $800k this season. Scary thought to what some of the other guys will be getting.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Thanks Tigergoneloose. Nice of you guys to take Mbye off our books. He will be the best FB since Brasher....

Status
Not open for further replies.