Our wingers are crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
dead set our wingers are hopeless, they frustrated me no end today....they have to be the worst in the NRL
They're not the best in the comp for sure but right now I think they're the best we've got. Chase Stanley was going very well but did his shoulder in and from what I've heard Inu is very ordinary in the NSW Cup. When Stanley comes back we will be goody on one side and hope whoever is named on the other wing can stay solid.

I'm sure we've got the money to buy wingers but Idon't think that there are any to buy except maybe Marika Koroibete from the Tigers

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did vatuvai the titanic turn and chase thompson with a 10m head start
if the kid has pace then hes def left it back in sydney

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully in the not too distant future
1. Perrett
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Stanely

Last edited by a moderator:

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Thompson has no speed, no footwork and no height. He is not a winger and from what i have seen would be just as useless at fb.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Id hate to see it if we lost. All the bagging of players on here makes me laugh.
WE WON FOR F----KS SAKE.
May not be the best wingers in the comp but we are winning.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit harsh. Thompson was up against a bloke 2 foot taller. I can't remember (game is a blur) but his only issues were catching bombs right? The kick he put in after the run down the touch line was necessary as he would have been taken into touch.

Brown is usually solid. Didn't really notice him today except when he knocked on. It wasn't an easy ball to catch but he probably should have.

I think they're both decent, not crap, but anyone who watched NSW cup would see Inu doesn't care about being promoted. He's happy to be average in reserve grade.

I'd probably choose Brown and Stanley when he's fit, unless Inu pulls his socks up.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are winning but we are stating those wingers are ordinary!!! Do u agree or disagree

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Thompson has no speed, no footwork and no height. He is not a winger and from what i have seen would be just as useless at fb.
Today was definitely Thompson's worst game in a Dogs jersey but before today he has been ok. I didn't see anything amazing from the NSW Cup players either though. I'm not a fan of Brown at all though. People say that he is good under the high ball but I can't remember the last time he caught an attacking kick and scored. In fact he rarely beats his opposing winger so I'm not sure what he adds to our attack.

They aren't the worst wingers in the comp but when you compare how well the other parts of the squad are going the wingers are an obvious weakness

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Id hate to see it if we lost. All the bagging of players on here makes me laugh.
WE WON FOR F----KS SAKE.
May not be the best wingers in the comp but we are winning.

yep we jagged this one.....against the top teams they will target our wingers and kill us, enjoy today but plan for tomorrow

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
yep we jagged this one.....against the top teams they will target our wingers and kill us, enjoy today but plan for tomorrow
What top teams like Melbourne and Roosters. OH HANG ON we beat them to.
Just saying its not all doom and gloom.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What top teams like Melbourne and Roosters. OH HANG ON we beat them to.
Just saying its not all doom and gloom.

theres not much we can do this year until Stanley comes back and hopefully Inu finds some form...but for next year we have cash to splash it would be nice to have 1 or 2 big fast wingers

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
We win the game and people still cry. We are second on the ladder ffs, some are hard to please.

Why change things when we are winning? Sure fire way to destabilise the team and start losing again

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would absolutely kill to have jorge tafua

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if inu showed half the effort and commitment plus consistency of thompson then he would be on the wing with stanley when fit. in my opinion our wingers should be thompson and stanley until the lower grade wingers start stepping up in nsw cup. today was thompson's first game where he hasn't played particularly well, but everyone has an off day in them, 1 bad game doesn't undo 4 or 5 decent performances

Status
Not open for further replies.