Our wingers are crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laumape and Vatuvei, and Hurrell are all big, strong outside backs. Not everyone has good outside backs. They have really good outside backs, as well as the Fish, and look at how they are going along. Wingers dont have to be the best player in your team. They have to be consistent. Stanley, Thompson and Brown are all consistent. Can't ask much more of them.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Laumape and Vatuvei, and Hurrell are all big, strong outside backs. Not everyone has good outside backs. They have really good outside backs, as well as the Fish, and look at how they are going along. Wingers dont have to be the best player in your team. They have to be consistent. Stanley, Thompson and Brown are all consistent. Can't ask much more of them.
Are you serious ? Just cause thompson and brown are average that doesn't equal consistent and solid as some people keep saying ,thompson was very poor today ,stanley is the only guy who deserves his spot

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I must have been watching a completely different game. Thompson was excellent.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to say he was excellent. But definitely played with heart and didn't back down and tried to make up for his errors (errors in which most wingers tend to make when against Vatuvei in the air). He was solid.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldn't say excellent but no where near as bad as people are saying on here, it's like the t-rex bagging all over again. he has had one bad game in 6, in his first year in the nrl

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
ok if you were describing what skills each position needed to someone who knew nothing about league......what would you tell them were the skill set a Winger needed?

1. pace.........Thompson has none
2. safe under the high ball....fail
3. defuse cross field kicks.....fail
4. finish of attacking chances.....nope again

don't get me wrong he gives 110% but heart will only get you so far.....skill and ability needs to be there as well, but for Corey its lacking....he could be a solid QLD cup player and thats about his limit

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In all fairness to inu, it's pretty hard to look good in the centres if your halves have no idea and you get no quality ball. From what little opportunity he had , l believe he went ok today. I'd rather inu than Thompson

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have to agree with this

ill take you back to the break thompson made down the right edge, if we had a quicker winger he scores indefinitely there but thompson was way too slow couldnt see any thing special- just a mediocre kick
there was a bloke coming across in front of him, hence why he slowed down a bit and put the kick in, he also almost scored if not for tomkins knocking the ball out and it should have been our feed for that scrum

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson is a little bit like Gavin "Mo" Lester just without the speed

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those Warriors were tough today, our wingers made a few mistakes but are still on a learning curve, Thompson should of had a left step and its Mitch's first game back.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ok if you were describing what skills each position needed to someone who knew nothing about league......what would you tell them were the skill set a Winger needed?

1. pace.........Thompson has none
2. safe under the high ball....fail
3. defuse cross field kicks.....fail
4. finish of attacking chances.....nope again

don't get me wrong he gives 110% but heart will only get you so far.....skill and ability needs to be there as well, but for Corey its lacking....he could be a solid QLD cup player and thats about his limit
Ding ding ding bingo we have a winner. Im with this guy. Lets wait til our wingers lose a game for us to change them lol. Talk about being reactivr over proactive!

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes i saw that but he left me wondering if more could have been done i think there could have been
looks like the kick came off the boot awkwardly, he was likely trying for a grubber back inside llike reynolds' to tolman and miss-hit it

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ding ding ding bingo we have a winner. Im with this guy. Lets wait til our wingers lose a game for us to change them lol. Talk about being reactivr over proactive!
so we put inu in and then lose, what happens then?

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread could more reasonably be titled "Our wingers are below average, but that's fine given their minimum salary status, which allows us to assemble a monster pack on big salaries."

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If there is half the kennel members calling for ur head then umm houston we have a problem. Id hate to be around the day that my club starts rewarding mediocrity and selecting players over others due to "personal issues". I dont get along with all my work mates but i try to be professional and get on with the job at hand. If u can honestly say we dont have one of the bottom 3 wing combos in the nrl than il give it away. Id even take goodwin back over brown and thompson and that is saying something.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
so we put inu in and then lose, what happens then?
Why do we have to lose for mr negative. Stop being mr australian of the year and defend every "average" player we have in our side. We all support the club to win the bloody comp not reward mediocrity. Were we losing in 2012 when he played left wing???

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do we have to lose for mr negative. Stop being mr australian of the year and defend every "average" player we have in our side. We all support the club to win the bloody comp not reward mediocrity. Were we losing in 2012 when he played left wing???
are we losing with thompson playing wing?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'll prob also tell me josh jackson had a blinder today and didnt get dominated in every tackle or hit up correct???
oh but the warriors are big boys and he can be forgiven coz we are playing under 10s and there is always next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.