Opinion Our Team for 2022

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As we have pretty much got a complete roster settled for next year this is my preferred team for round 1
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Nadan
4. Schoupp
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Wakeham.
8. Vaughen
9. JMK
10. British Bulldog
11. Hetherington
12 . Pangai
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. RFM
16. Ava
17. Asiata

this would be my team for next year

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What..

This bloke edited the thread lol
It was some poorly worded rant about how Burton would come a winner or not then if he didn't it would be bad but also good... ***** off his head

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Averillo > Wakeham, BBO bench
Patolo > Asiata (RFM injured so they'll probably both be there anyways, even tho I'd go Topine > Asiata personally)

With those changes I think it's as close to as expected as you can get.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo > Wakeham, BBO bench
Patolo > Asiata (RFM injured so they'll probably both be there anyways, even tho I'd go Topine > Asiata personally)
Yes it is good to have a bit of youth but at least there is some experienced players in our roster now

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we have pretty much got a complete roster settled for next year this is my preferred team for round 1
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Nadan
4. Schoupp
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Wakeham.
8. Vaughen
9. JMK
10. British Bulldog
11. Hetherington
12 . Pangai
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. RFM
16. Ava
17. Asiata

this would be my team for next year
Reality is Flanno will be Start at 7 as first choice but dont mind this balance. Feels odd having Averillo out of the starting side. But used properly he'll score when he comes on most times.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reality is Flanno will be Start at 7 as first choice but dont mind this balance. Feels odd having Averillo out of the starting side. But used properly he'll score when he comes on most times.
True if flanno cant perform in a team that we will have next year we have every good reason to drop him so it’s to perfect way to undermine flanno by playing him

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 Averillo
2 Okunbor
3 Naden
4 Cotric
5 JAC
6 Dufty
7 Burton
8 Thommo
9 Cook
10 Vaughan
11 TPJ
12 Hetherington
13 Jacko
14 BBO
15 Ava
16 Asiata
17 Patolo

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How is that the reality? Jake was forced into the halfback role because how incompetent Flanagan was this season, he won't be anywhere near the side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. Averillo (GK)
9. Cook

Not a fan of Dufty but he offers some speed and some ball playing out the back, defensively he's a fucking joke and struggles to defuse the simplest of kicks but he will get first shot so hopefully things change and he can cement the position somewhat. Would still be running other options during preseason, we don't really have any depth at fullback and if he goes down or fails we need to be somewhat prepared. Burton a no brainer. Averillo deserves first shot after being thrown in the deep end this season, would've learnt a lot this season and hopefully work is put in where he's lacking. Will be effective if used correctly while Burton would take some of the pressure off with hi being the dominant kicker. Cook because I don't know anything about him and he isn't JMK lol.

2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. JAC

Backline probably picks itself, Alamoti killing it in preseason or an injury is probably the only thing that would change it. Not entirely sure who plays with who, Schoupp/Cotric are probably too similar but Naden/JAC looks too strong a combination not to try.

8. TPJ
10. Thompson
13. Jackson (C)

I don't care how weak out backrow is I'm fucking starting TPJ at prop. Middle is more important and defensively he's a lot more sound and can use his aggression and physicality more effectively. Gives more us more size/power alongside Thompson and allows him to play more of his game and get more out of him.

11. Hetherington
12. Stimson
13. Jackson (C)

Obviously not a major fan of Hetherington but I always said he was more of a backrower than prop. Looks like a genuine strike forward with his power and could create/finish off chances if our middles firing. Defence is a concern but worth investing the time in imo. Stimson hasn't offered any value so far but stayed injury free and built his fitness this season, looked very strong in defence when he got an opportunity to finish the year. He's capable of running a good line and a bit of ball playing so he could be a good option outside of Jake on the right edge. Jackson is starting and his days on the edge are long gone, this is where best fits.

14. JMK/BBO/Topine/Wakeham
15. Vaughan
16. Patolo
17. Ava/Topine

Bench could go a few ways but I'd have Vaughan and Patolo locked in right now as two genuine props are a must. Dual hookers will probably be required at least to start the year while we will also need cover in the backline so the final two positions could go either way. I'd probably start JMK as he can cover both roles somewhat and fill in the halves if required without becoming a weak link in defence. Would prefer BBO and Topine to get a run of games in the lower grades before going the 17 later in the year.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. Averillo (GK)
9. Cook

Not a fan of Dufty but he offers some speed and some ball playing out the back, defensively he's a fucking joke and struggles to defuse the simplest of kicks but he will get first shot so hopefully things change and he can cement the position somewhat. Would still be running other options during preseason, we don't really have any depth at fullback and if he goes down or fails we need to be somewhat prepared. Burton a no brainer. Averillo deserves first shot after being thrown in the deep end this season, would've learnt a lot this season and hopefully work is put in where he's lacking. Will be effective if used correctly while Burton would take some of the pressure off with hi being the dominant kicker. Cook because I don't know anything about him and he isn't JMK lol.

2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. JAC

Backline probably picks itself, Alamoti killing it in preseason or an injury is probably the only thing that would change it. Not entirely sure who plays with who, Schoupp/Cotric are probably too similar but Naden/JAC looks too strong a combination not to try.

8. TPJ
10. Thompson
13. Jackson (C)

I don't care how weak out backrow is I'm fucking starting TPJ at prop. Middle is more important and defensively he's a lot more sound and can use his aggression and physicality more effectively. Gives more us more size/power alongside Thompson and allows him to play more of his game and get more out of him.

11. Hetherington
12. Stimson
13. Jackson (C)

Obviously not a major fan of Hetherington but I always said he was more of a backrower than prop. Looks like a genuine strike forward with his power and could create/finish off chances if our middles firing. Defence is a concern but worth investing the time in imo. Stimson hasn't offered any value so far but stayed injury free and built his fitness this season, looked very strong in defence when he got an opportunity to finish the year. He's capable of running a good line and a bit of ball playing so he could be a good option outside of Jake on the right edge. Jackson is starting and his days on the edge are long gone, this is where best fits.

15. Vaughan
16. Patolo
17. Ava/Topine

Bench could go a few ways but I'd have Vaughan and Patolo locked in right now as two genuine props are a must. Dual hookers will probably be required at least to start the year while we will also need cover in the backline so the final two positions could go either way. I'd probably start JMK as he can cover both roles somewhat and fill in the halves if required without becoming a weak link in defence. Would prefer BBO and Topine to get a run of games in the lower grades before going the 17 later in the year.
This post is poo.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are many sleeps between now and kickoff 2022, until then there are many possibilities.
According to the rumours on TK we could have
2 players medically retired
2 players be moved on 1 possibly to the UK
2 Coaching staff members could be replaced
Who knows they are after all rumous or are they :grinning:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. Averillo (GK)
9. Cook

2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. JAC

8. TPJ
10. Thompson
13. Jackson (C)

11. Hetherington
12. Stimson
13. Jackson (C)

15. Vaughan
16. Patolo
17. Ava/Topine

Not too far off my thinking, I'd start Vaughan for his experience, then toss TPJ in when the opposition gets a bit tired, especially with his late offloads.

Not convinced on the halfback, every one of the options has weaknesses too big to simply ignore. Let the preseason decide, if they are good enough they will get the gig, but they will have to firstly earn it and then play well enough to keep it.

The back row rotation is another position up up the air, I think you are right on Stimson, injury free he's a good option.

Cook at hooker is just you with your JMK hate glasses on.

Always a Bulldog

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post is poo.
i actually rate the squad he posted but I'd tweak it just a little bit. Change Vaughn to start at prop with TPJ taking Stimpsons spot, and Joe dropping out of the squad all together. JMK at 14 with Topine a smokey to take that role, and Asiata coming onto the bench. BBO taking 18th man. Cook at 9 is questionable though as i havent seen him play, just figure he cant be worse than what we've had

1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Jac
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Vaughn
9. Cook
10. Thommo
11. Hetho
12. TPJ
13. Jackson

14. JMK/ Topine
15. Ava
16. Patolo
17. Asiata

18. BBO

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There are many sleeps between now and kickoff 2022, until then there are many possibilities.
According to the rumours on TK we could have
2 players medically retired
2 players be moved on 1 possibly to the UK
2 Coaching staff members could be replaced
Who knows they are after all rumous or are they :grinning:
Who the hell is second player up for medical retirement? One player is an obvious option but I can't think of another. Sounds like wishful thinking from someone lol.