Opinion Our Team for 2022

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just put up with Jackson in the backrow for 1 more year and play TPJ at 13.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be spewing if Flanno and JMK are anywhere near the starting 17. I'd rather see Cook get a shot at 9 and BBO or Avo get the 7 jersey.

FMD we still have a few plodders in the 30 that we need to clean out...c'mon Gus, keep going, you're doing a great job so far

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we have pretty much got a complete roster settled for next year this is my preferred team for round 1
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Nadan
4. Schoupp
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Wakeham.
8. Vaughen
9. JMK
10. British Bulldog
11. Hetherington
12 . Pangai
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. RFM
16. Ava
17. Asiata

this would be my team for next year
BBO has to be in somewhere for me

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. Averillo (GK)
9. Cook

Not a fan of Dufty but he offers some speed and some ball playing out the back, defensively he's a fucking joke and struggles to defuse the simplest of kicks but he will get first shot so hopefully things change and he can cement the position somewhat. Would still be running other options during preseason, we don't really have any depth at fullback and if he goes down or fails we need to be somewhat prepared. Burton a no brainer. Averillo deserves first shot after being thrown in the deep end this season, would've learnt a lot this season and hopefully work is put in where he's lacking. Will be effective if used correctly while Burton would take some of the pressure off with hi being the dominant kicker. Cook because I don't know anything about him and he isn't JMK lol.

2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. JAC

Backline probably picks itself, Alamoti killing it in preseason or an injury is probably the only thing that would change it. Not entirely sure who plays with who, Schoupp/Cotric are probably too similar but Naden/JAC looks too strong a combination not to try.

8. TPJ
10. Thompson
13. Jackson (C)

I don't care how weak out backrow is I'm fucking starting TPJ at prop. Middle is more important and defensively he's a lot more sound and can use his aggression and physicality more effectively. Gives more us more size/power alongside Thompson and allows him to play more of his game and get more out of him.

11. Hetherington
12. Stimson
13. Jackson (C)

Obviously not a major fan of Hetherington but I always said he was more of a backrower than prop. Looks like a genuine strike forward with his power and could create/finish off chances if our middles firing. Defence is a concern but worth investing the time in imo. Stimson hasn't offered any value so far but stayed injury free and built his fitness this season, looked very strong in defence when he got an opportunity to finish the year. He's capable of running a good line and a bit of ball playing so he could be a good option outside of Jake on the right edge. Jackson is starting and his days on the edge are long gone, this is where best fits.

14. JMK/BBO/Topine/Wakeham
15. Vaughan
16. Patolo
17. Ava/Topine

Bench could go a few ways but I'd have Vaughan and Patolo locked in right now as two genuine props are a must. Dual hookers will probably be required at least to start the year while we will also need cover in the backline so the final two positions could go either way. I'd probably start JMK as he can cover both roles somewhat and fill in the halves if required without becoming a weak link in defence. Would prefer BBO and Topine to get a run of games in the lower grades before going the 17 later in the year.
Maybe have topine instead of stimson later in the year other than that the side u made is great and the best it can be. I hope rfm plays some reserve grade and gets back to full fitness but i think his best days a long gone. Backrow is definitely something we need to recruit or improve on. Stuckey just won backrow of the year in qcup so who knows. Hooker is also a worry, i think cook is gonna be a good prospect and idk about this ediq dude but its something that sucks the shit out of this team.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Scoupp
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Avo (gk)
8. Tpj
9. Jmk
10. Vaughn
11. Rfm (hopefully fit)
12. Hethrigton
13. Jackson (c)

14. BBO
15. Thompson
16. Ava
17. Patolo

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be spewing if Flanno and JMK are anywhere near the starting 17. I'd rather see Cook get a shot at 9 and BBO or Avo get the 7 jersey.

FMD we still have a few plodders in the 30 that we need to clean out...c'mon Gus, keep going, you're doing a great job so far
All in good time FG

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reality is Flanno will be Start at 7 as first choice but dont mind this balance. Feels odd having Averillo out of the starting side. But used properly he'll score when he comes on most times.
If the flamingo is still at our club I’d be pissed let alone in the 17. He’s completely shit not even Mounties standard

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the flamingo is still at our club I’d be pissed let alone in the 17. He’s completely shit not even Mounties standard
Mounties need to go back to the bulldogs name that’s disgusting screw the money from the name we are the bulldogs and nothing else

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BBO has to play as much footy as possible not be 18th man full games in reggies at 7 see what develops early in the season or FG utility.
Noticed someone has Dufty at 6 i had a (bad obviously) dream that Dufty was listed at 6 too which is just nuts, i need to get on the drugs obviously...

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Allen
4. Schoupp
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. BBO
8. Hetherington
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Jackson (c)
12. TPJ
13. Thompson

14. Avarillo
15. RFM
16. Asiata
17. Topine

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. Averillo (GK)
9. Cook

Not a fan of Dufty but he offers some speed and some ball playing out the back, defensively he's a fucking joke and struggles to defuse the simplest of kicks but he will get first shot so hopefully things change and he can cement the position somewhat. Would still be running other options during preseason, we don't really have any depth at fullback and if he goes down or fails we need to be somewhat prepared. Burton a no brainer. Averillo deserves first shot after being thrown in the deep end this season, would've learnt a lot this season and hopefully work is put in where he's lacking. Will be effective if used correctly while Burton would take some of the pressure off with hi being the dominant kicker. Cook because I don't know anything about him and he isn't JMK lol.

2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. JAC

Backline probably picks itself, Alamoti killing it in preseason or an injury is probably the only thing that would change it. Not entirely sure who plays with who, Schoupp/Cotric are probably too similar but Naden/JAC looks too strong a combination not to try.

8. TPJ
10. Thompson
13. Jackson (C)

I don't care how weak out backrow is I'm fucking starting TPJ at prop. Middle is more important and defensively he's a lot more sound and can use his aggression and physicality more effectively. Gives more us more size/power alongside Thompson and allows him to play more of his game and get more out of him.

11. Hetherington
12. Stimson
13. Jackson (C)

Obviously not a major fan of Hetherington but I always said he was more of a backrower than prop. Looks like a genuine strike forward with his power and could create/finish off chances if our middles firing. Defence is a concern but worth investing the time in imo. Stimson hasn't offered any value so far but stayed injury free and built his fitness this season, looked very strong in defence when he got an opportunity to finish the year. He's capable of running a good line and a bit of ball playing so he could be a good option outside of Jake on the right edge. Jackson is starting and his days on the edge are long gone, this is where best fits.

14. JMK/BBO/Topine/Wakeham
15. Vaughan
16. Patolo
17. Ava/Topine

Bench could go a few ways but I'd have Vaughan and Patolo locked in right now as two genuine props are a must. Dual hookers will probably be required at least to start the year while we will also need cover in the backline so the final two positions could go either way. I'd probably start JMK as he can cover both roles somewhat and fill in the halves if required without becoming a weak link in defence. Would prefer BBO and Topine to get a run of games in the lower grades before going the 17 later in the year.
I have concerns with Schoupp and Naden defensively in the centres.

Penrith wouldn't play Naden there for good reason, despite having a need, and Schoupp was found wanting many times this past season.

I am keeping a close eye on Larson Doyle. Young but was promoted aggressively, after a mid season arrival, which indicates he must be talented.

A position we definitely need to strengthen in my opinion

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How I would go
1. Matthew Dufty
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Aaron Schoupp
4. Brent Naden
5. Nick Cotric
6. Matt Burton
7. Jake Averillo
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Luke Thompson
11. Josh Jackson
12. Jack Hethrington
13. Tavita Pangai Junior
Bench
14. John Asiata
15. Bailey Biondi-Odo
16. Ava Seumanufagi
17. Raymond Faitala-Marnier
Extended players
18. Paul Alamoti
19. Jackson Topine
20. Matthew Doorey
21. Brandon Wakeham
22. Jayden Okunbur
23. Chris Patolo
24. Josh Cook
25. Kyle Flanagan
26. Joe Stimson
27. Corey Waddell
28. Corey Allan
29. Tui Katoa (could end up retiring)

Last edited:

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder if Cotric is a chance to start at centre in place of Hoppa. It’s his preferred side which he didn’t get to play on during his last crack in the centre’s. If that’s an option for Baz to explore then I’d expect Naden on a wing or he battles it out with Schoup for the other centre position.

Mal_Z

Waterboy
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Schoup
4. Naden
5. The fox
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
8. TPJ
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. Hetherington
12. Doorey
13. Jackson
14. Biondi odo
15. Vaughan
16. Asiata
17. Stimson

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have concerns with Schoupp and Naden defensively in the centres.

Penrith wouldn't play Naden there for good reason, despite having a need, and Schoupp was found wanting many times this past season.

I am keeping a close eye on Larson Doyle. Young but was promoted aggressively, after a mid season arrival, which indicates he must be talented.

A position we definitely need to strengthen in my opinion
Centres is something we dont really need to look into in fact the whole backline except dufty is fine for years to come. But i think dufty will play well to prove himself. 9 and backrowers are something we need. Our defensive backrow is unseen and our 9 is not a starting hooker nor has the quality skills of a 9. We dont really have any talented backrowers coming through except for maybe lajaun vito and stuckey. I really wish rfm would stay healthy but that nevers happens the poor bastard.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Centres is something we dont really need to look into in fact the whole backline except dufty is fine for years to come. But i think dufty will play well to prove himself. 9 and backrowers are something we need. Our defensive backrow is unseen and our 9 is not a starting hooker nor has the quality skills of a 9. We dont really have any talented backrowers coming through except for maybe lajaun vito and stuckey. I really wish rfm would stay healthy but that nevers happens the poor bastard.
Ironic that we need a centre yet we'll be playing the Daly M centre of the year in the halves