Opinion Our roster

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haven’t seen much of Piakura what position does he play?
Left side second rower. You can find a nice highlight reel if you google his name (Bloke in a Bar)

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You could sign someone like Kenny without having to guarantee a starting spot because any decent hooker would know they are better than JMK or Katoa (if re-signed). I would even go with a untested rookie over the likes of JMK and Katoa.
All this highlights how much long term damage des did to this club. Keeping lichaa over cook just fucked us royally

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Left side second rower. You can find a nice highlight reel if you google his name (Bloke in a Bar)
Thanks, was hoping he was a prop or hooker but I’ll check it out

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Let's hope Tom Starling regrets decision to turn us down and seeks a release to claims the no.9 as his own and join the likes of JAC, Burton, others.

Canberra Raiders won't deny his request considering we were more than amicable with CHN's release.
Yeah seen one of the "experts"" doing bold predictions and one said starling will look for a release after being left out completely

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Let's hope Tom Starling regrets decision to turn us down and seeks a release to claims the no.9 as his own and join the likes of JAC, Burton, others.

Canberra Raiders won't deny his request considering we were more than amicable with CHN's release.
The Raiders re-signed him and Guler and they don't even make the Raiders top 17. Meanwhile these two would walk into our starting side and probably earn more money.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah seen one of the "experts"" doing bold predictions and one said starling will look for a release after being left out completely
What was he expecting tho? Hodgson is a 80 minute hooker and they're stacked in the forwards so they can't really play Hodgson lock for 20-30 minutes (and would that even be a good idea anyways?).

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The Raiders re-signed him and Guler and they don't even make the Raiders top 17. Meanwhile these two would walk into our starting side and probably earn more money.
Absolutely! ...I can understand Starling at the time signing on, getting sufficient game time and Hodgson returning from injury and turns 32 this year.

Emre Guler ...on the other hand can't really understand why he signed given their depth in the forwards having already signed Rushton and James

I think Ryan Sutton would make a nice addition rotating with Thommo (2 English lads) off the bench, hard working English prop forward, we need.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agreed on Atoni, he at least has a bigger upside then the rest.

It feels and looks like our team did too much time in the dojo and not enough time in the gym, fuck we look small this year...

Renouf looked much bigger last year (could be the hair though)...
RFM looks like he has lost a lot of weight to! I did not recognise him. He had a mop full of hair too! So maybe it is their hair. Lol

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We already have 16 players on contract for next year and I think Topine and Alomoti will be promoted to the top 30 plus hopefully Piakura signs and we already have 19 there. The squad actually starts to fill out very quickly if you re-sign too many of off contract players just for depth purposes.
Thommo & Jack are the only front rowers signed for 2022 (and Ray at a push).

Using the Bullfrog rule of needing 6 (2 on field, 2 on bench, 2 suspended...although I’d suggest suspended/injured), we need another 3-4 front rowers next year.

And quality. Strong And fast. I’ll accept minimal passing, but we need guys that will RUN at the line. not trot, not skippy-skip, run. And FFS aim at the little guys like every other team does. Atoni might be one. Might.

Add a top hooker (Cheese or equivalent), and add either dietz or another backup. Say keep JMK for reggies to cover injuries.

There’s 26 spots covered.