Our Lacklustre Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure why you guys are so disappointed, with the cattle you have you are doing very well. Im sure you will be there come finals time when Hodko is back. You will also no doubt make some big player purchases for next year.
Should of put more points on you in the first half..

We missed Hodko badly, cant wait for him to come back

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Soon as Hodkinson went down injured against the Knights, this has been the case.

I personally didn't think Hodkinson would be this important to our attacking structure. The sooner he returns, the better.

S

sneakyprick

Should of put more points on you in the first half..

We missed Hodko badly, cant wait for him to come back
Yeah we butchered two tries aswell, was a close game and high quality too. Hodko seems to make a big difference to your side so you will be there come finals time for sure.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soon as Hodkinson went down injured against the Knights, this has been the case.

I personally didn't think Hodkinson would be this important to our attacking structure. The sooner he returns, the better.
It is no coincidence that we have struggled since his injury, him moving to the left side this year, has made sure Morris receives early and good ball

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Playing too flat...

lack of creativity from our halves

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm so over the K Keating bashing we all know what he is capable of the guy did his best and had a very decent game. We almost beat last year premiers and this years front runners(storm) so it's a definite improvement on last few years. As some have said before me I'm really starting to worry about ennis's form he has been crap all year does he have a fear of being tackled ?? he never darts out of dummy half and when he does he falls over. What's the point of romelo on the bench if he is going to used 4 5 mins just doesn't make sense. Our strengths are clearly our forwards Tapau could add abit more punch up the middle if we are gonna keep attacking through our pack he could be very useful.
don't mean to pick on ya Chipnchase but surely now even you can see now what Hodkinson offers our side. Jono wright has to be punted tries hard but just not good enough. If Ricky stuart is considering play JMOZ at right centre in origin y cant we play him there allowing us to bring Lafai into left centre ?

I'm very happy to be where we are at the moment we are heading in the right direction with a couple of quality additions for next year we will give the comp a real shake

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks blaming Keating for tonight don't know footy very well.

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I cant believe we didnt go for the easy 2 points when we had that penalty right in front. its not like our attack has been crash hot. Manly go for the two in the last few mins of the first half where most ppl wouldve thought to go for the try.. that wouldve put us in extra time

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also - I am 99% sure Des is foxing with lots of our plays. You can sure tell he is still working on rotation and combinations. It isn't the end of the world yet.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I cant believe we didnt go for the easy 2 points when we had that penalty right in front. its not like our attack has been crash hot. Manly go for the two in the last few mins of the first half where most ppl wouldve thought to go for the try.. that wouldve put us in extra time
if manly had a few minutes they guaranteed would go for the tap, but the reality is they had 30 seconds

your whole post is an afterthought

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also - I am 99% sure Des is foxing with lots of our plays. You can sure tell he is still working on rotation and combinations. It isn't the end of the world yet.
hmmmm...so whats the reason for those few minutes of pain for remelo...thats a strange play indeed more dear watson.:o

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
im glad he stuck with goodwin now , keating not the problem

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if manly had a few minutes they guaranteed would go for the tap, but the reality is they had 30 seconds

your whole post is an afterthought
ok it prob was 30 seconds. i still think we shoulda gone for the easy two points... afterthought? a large % of this forum are afterthoughts..

C

chipandchase

I'm so over the K Keating bashing we all know what he is capable of the guy did his best and had a very decent game. We almost beat last year premiers and this years front runners(storm) so it's a definite improvement on last few years. As some have said before me I'm really starting to worry about ennis's form he has been crap all year does he have a fear of being tackled ?? he never darts out of dummy half and when he does he falls over. What's the point of romelo on the bench if he is going to used 4 5 mins just doesn't make sense. Our strengths are clearly our forwards Tapau could add abit more punch up the middle if we are gonna keep attacking through our pack he could be very useful.
don't mean to pick on ya Chipnchase but surely now even you can see now what Hodkinson offers our side. Jono wright has to be punted tries hard but just not good enough. If Ricky stuart is considering play JMOZ at right centre in origin y cant we play him there allowing us to bring Lafai into left centre ?

I'm very happy to be where we are at the moment we are heading in the right direction with a couple of quality additions for next year we will give the comp a real shake
what does hodkinson offer then??? he doesn run the football, his kicking game is woeful and far insuperior to Keatings.
look you guys are blind on hodkinson, why do you think we were trying to sign foran?? to replace hodkinson

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What commense is too much for you to grasp?
pfft... whatever

I will never be one of those people who says, "well at least we didnt give up" or "at least we didnt get beaten by 20" etc, as I have more faith than that in our players and believe they are capable of more. I believe we should have a chance at beating any side and are not there to simply make up numbers. I make no appologies for this.

If you want to think less of them thats your choice...

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
what does hodkinson offer then??? he doesn run the football, his kicking game is woeful and far insuperior to Keatings.
look you guys are blind on hodkinson, why do you think we were trying to sign foran?? to replace hodkinson

insuperior?? rofl me fail English, thats unpossible....

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
keating has been very very good last 2 weeks , same with reynolds . but with zero attack and creativity you mite as well have delta goodrum behind the scrum , that last try shows how easy it can be to get over the stripe = will have no hair left soon if this keeps up

Status
Not open for further replies.